• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita Borderlands 2 announced for the Vita!

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Yanikun

Haven't played it before, if i'd wanted to I would have, if I plan on doing so it will be on PS3. Vita needs more.

That kinda just summed up my whole relationship with the Vita since November/December 2012. Batman above mentioned similar scenarios with Xbox One and Wii U for Dead Rising 3, The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2, but the difference is those are all new exclusive games. I guess I can see why getting such a massive current-gen game on a handheld can be cause for excitement, but it's really not the same thing as DR3, TW101 and B2. I'd have loved to see Sony put resources in that kind of stuff instead.

WellRubbedCheese

That kinda just summed up my whole relationship with the Vita since November/December 2012. Batman above mentioned similar scenarios with Xbox One and Wii U for Dead Rising 3, The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2, but the difference is those are all new exclusive games. I guess I can see why getting such a massive current-gen game on a handheld can be cause for excitement, but it's really not the same thing as DR3, TW101 and B2. I'd have loved to see Sony put resources in that kind of stuff instead.

Yeah, if Sony are going to help fund any games they really need to be exclusives, this just seems like fan service to me, for Vita only owners or people who are desperate enough to double dip. To me it's going to get even worse when the PS4 releases. If remote play works well i'm sure it will help Vita hardware sales, but will these buyers get games like BL2 or just use it to play their PS4 games on? Also will dev's feel the need to make Vita exclusive games, when they're competing with nearly all PS4 titles?. No Assassin's Creed or NFS this year despite decent sales for last year's speaks volumes to me.

If you're a owner of the Vita and PS4 and will be satisfied using it mainly as a streaming device that's cool, but for Vita only owners it's looking pretty bleak.

Master Jay

▬▬ι═M═O═D═ﺤ
I've already played it 5 times on PS3. I plan on doing it all over again on the Vita. I wonder how the DLC will work; maybe already in the game or crossbuy?

CUD

Excellent news indeed. Wonder what changes they'll make, hopefully some exclusive content.

Buramu

Mod Of Steel
What's 'desperate' about double-dipping? This game is so good people (who have actually played it) will be overjoyed to be able to play it on a handheld.

But I guess some people just insist on being negative in spite of AAA announcements like this. Must suck if you can't enjoy good things.

logical

What's 'desperate' about double-dipping? This game is so good people (who have actually played it) will be overjoyed to be able to play it on a handheld.

But I guess some people just insist on being negative in spite of AAA announcements like this. Must suck if you can't enjoy good things.

Desperate as in starving for games to play on the vita. Not everyone wants to play indie games all day. Borderlands 2 isnt that amazing on a handheld either.. was rocking it on an Nvidia shield the past few days and its not like I really want it on my Vita.

Buramu

Mod Of Steel
Desperate as in starving for games to play on the vita. Not everyone wants to play indie games all day. Borderlands 2 isnt that amazing on a handheld either.. was rocking it on an Nvidia shield the past few days and its not like I really want it on my Vita.

Let's not turn this thread in a 'Vita haz no gaemz' thread. That urban myth was put to rest months ago. People with even a moderately broad taste in games have not been 'starved' for non-indie games on the Vita at all.

Anyone who claims otherwise needs to find a job and do something useful with his surplus of free time.

logical

Let's not turn this thread in a 'Vita haz no gaemz' thread. That urban myth was put to rest months ago. People with even a moderately broad taste in games have not been 'starved' for non-indie games on the Vita at all.

Anyone who claims otherwise needs to find a job and do something useful with his surplus of free time.

Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say "Vita haz no gamez" or anything similar to that... moderators here seem to take every statement about indies to heart. I said not everyone wants to play or is excited by indie games.

I'm not sure if you're insinuating that I need to find a job and find something else to do with my free time?

Either way, it definitely shows a lack of class on a moderators part to make such comments.

logical

How is saying 'starved for games' not similar to that?

Starving for games meaning, starving for games they want to play. I didnt say the Vita has no games. You pretty much have a preconceived notion that everyone thinks the "vita haz no gamez"

SerenaVita

I didn't know Borderlands is an indie game :eek: .Anyway, I don't really get the hate thing, it really doesn't matter if it's indie or not, as long as people enjoy the game, Just like TWD which is I really love it. (I didn't know it's an indie either). I enjoy that game and the story more than from the tv series itself.

Also like they said, they're trying to test the Vita here in west (In Japan its doing so well), so it's just started.

RTRSPCT

Was this the game where shahid was talking about? (alot of playing hours etc...)
This is a port, right?

Nope. We still have to wait for that.

I never played a Borderlands-title before; hell I skipped most of the current-gen. Is Borderlands 2 dependent on it's predecessor in terms of background/story?

DarkEmperor

i wonder how are they going to squeeze all the content into vita...
or is it when the time they launch, the vita game card size already break the limit of 3-4gb??

Batman

Nope. We still have to wait for that.

I never played a Borderlands-title before; hell I skipped most of the current-gen. Is Borderlands 2 dependent on it's predecessor in terms of background/story?

Not really, there are alot of characters from the 1st game who appear in BL2 as NPCs and they do elude back to certain moments in the 1st game but you do get a basic round down of what happened in the intro in BL2. And to be perfectly honest, you don't play Borderlands for the story, even the devs don't take it too seriously: it is purposely ridiculous and over the top and while it improved somewhat from the original game it is still flimsy at best and most of the characters are one dimensional but have good comedic value.

This game is basically a hack n'slash Action RPG except, replace the "hack" part with guns and shoot and loot and you get an idea what sort of game it is.

RTRSPCT

Not really, there are alot of characters from the 1st game who appear in BL2 as NPCs and they do elude back to certain moments in the 1st game but you do get a basic round down of what happened in the intro in BL2. And to be perfectly honest, you don't play Borderlands for the story, even the devs don't take it too seriously: it is purposely ridiculous and over the top and while it improved somewhat from the original game it is still flimsy at best and most of the characters are one dimensional but have good comedic value.

This game is basically a hack n'slash Action RPG except, replace the "hack" part with guns and shoot and loot and you get an idea what sort of game it is.

Ah, I get it. Thank you very much!

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements