Activision has been tight-lipped about the multiplayer aspects of Call of Duty: Black Ops. They’ve been hyping more about the single player aspects of the game recently. Being able to fly a hovering helicopter and throwing missiles and causing chaos on lush environments? SIGN ME UP! Black Ops is everywhere – basketball game, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, and all over the internet. So, Josh Olin (@JD_2020) released a teaser trailer for COD: Black Ops’ Multiplayer.
What I get from the trailer is that Treyarch has copied almost everything from MW2. But the trade-up here is that there are some new gameplay mechanics teased in here.
– Skewer: I don’t know wether I read it right or not, but I’ll give it a stab: “Stealth killed an enemy with the ballistic knife.” Meaning that you can be stealthy in the game. I am getting the feeling that treyarch is looking for more stealthy players.
– Security Cameras: At the start of the trailer, we’re introduced to the radar being replaced by a security camera – as you sneak in, you’re being shown from the direction you came in from. And you can actually pick the camera up and use it as you like.
– New CallSigns: Introduced in MW2, treyarch implements their own callsigns – and this time, they’re going the mile by awarding people background “titles.”
– Crossbow: I think this thing will replace Semtex Grenades entirely for some people; you can throw a stickable arrow at your enemy, and a bomb will go off.
– Remote Controlled Cars: This one will be very frustrating for some people. But you can control small cars to crash into people or explode once detonated.
– Remote Controlled Missles? Some people are saying it looks like a predator missile, but upon close inspection, it was horizontal, not vertical.
– Recordable Matches: I dunno if its for full-game, or its for Game Winning Kill…. but its something that a lot of people have requested and wanted. It looks like you can rewind, fast forward, and all the recording tools, and even better: First person or Third person. You can grab a screenshot, too!
I’m lovin’ what I see so far, hopefully we know more information about Black Ops when they release the full multiplayer trailer on September 1st!