UbiSoft has been quite quiet about their recent trademark filing of “Future Soldier” but today Ubisoft announced that not only the trademark was in fact, for a Ghost Recon story. It also takes the series much further than Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2; we do not know which year, or when. What, we DO know is that Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is coming to Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP.
UbiSoft CEO Yves Guillermot said that the Wii, DS, and PSP versions of the game will be developed by a different team. She also specifically said that the Wii version will be developed with the console’s owners in mind.
UbiSoft also released a teaser trailer for the game:
Here’s what we know so far from the trailer:
– It is an installment in the series, the latest.
– “The soldier of the future is an F-16 on legs.” A quote by U.S. Army Natick Research and Development Engineer Jean-Louis DeGay
– The game will “go beyond the core Ghost Recon franchise and deliver a fresh gameplay experience.”
– Those planning to pick up Splinter Cell: Conviction in a couple of months will gain access to the multiplayer beta coming this summer.
– The game looks to take place in the middle east, and more specifically Russia and Afghanistan.
– “The future of war” begins Fall 2010.
Are you ready to take your tactical ideas into the future of war?