• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita Where Is My Heart?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

JoeCool

Suck the weenie!
I just stumbled upon this mini as I kept looking for new games to try.
The minute I saw it, I knew it was going to be a cute, fun, and warm game!
So I searched more about it, and here's more details if you want to try it yourself :)

SHORT GAME DESCRIPTION

In Where is my Heart? you play the story of a family of three monsters. The family lives comfortably in a tree in the woods until one day they lose their home and thus embark on a great adventure. Their journey will take them through the mushroom caves and even deeper down to the lifeless crystal pools and back up into the mountains. Help the monsters find their home tree again!
Where is my Heart? is an homage to videogames of the late 80's with a contemporary twist. In making the game, we drew influence from German fairytales, the mythical creatures of Central Europe, and Japanese pictogram aesthetics. Where is my Heart? maintains a deep respect for the player while simultaneously challenging them, pushing them farther and father down the proverbial rabbithole. Each level features unique puzzles, and the game continually introduces new gameplay as you progress.

woods.png
wild.png
waterfalls.png
rocks.png
moreframes.png
frames.png

SOURCE OF INSPIRATION

Where is my Heart? is loosely based on Bernie Schulenburg's experience of a sunday hike, which he went on with his mom and his dad. They got lost in a forest and confronted with this problem they came to face each other's negative personality traits.
Bernie's father showed his anxiety and this made him switch to 'bossy mode'. Bernie's mom responded to this as she always did: She turned to lamenting about her life and existence as she had been doing for the 25 past years of her partnership. Bernie on his side fell into his well known patterns of regret, remorse and disconnectedness. Here there were three hurt children-at-heart, not understanding nor able to break out of their predicament.
This game is Bernie's clumsy attempt to come to an understanding with himself and his parents as a family.

And here are some words critics have said about the game and its developer.

"Where Is My Heart? is a one-of-a-kind game. It's a special experience--the kind that doesn't come along too often."

"One of the most surprisingly delightful experiences I've had this year."

"An illusory puzzler that's easy to fall for."

"Challenging in every sense, this marvellous piece of work makes for one of the finest ambassadors of Sony's download only platform."

What's great about it is that it costs just $6.99!
What do you think? Reply with your own comments if you have played or planning to get the game :)

JoeCool

Suck the weenie!
I never said there were. That doesn't mean a mini deserves an official thread either. It's not exactly a big AAA retail release or even a big PSN game. It's just pointless.
There aren't any mini OTs because no one has taken their time of making one, and besides, no one said that OTs had to be about "big AAA releases, nor big PSN games."

GamejunkieUK

There aren't any mini OTs because no one has taken their time of making one, and besides, no one said that OTs had to be about "big AAA releases, nor big PSN games."

No one has bothered because Minis don't need official threads. OT's should only be for big AAA retail releases or PSN games and not Minis. There is no need what so ever to have official threads for Minis.

Master Jay

▬▬ι═M═O═D═ﺤ
No one has bothered because Minis don't need official threads. OT's should only be for big AAA retail releases or PSN games and not Minis. There is no need what so ever to have official threads for Minis.
This. Only full games get OT's.

JoeCool

Suck the weenie!
This. Only full games get OT's.
Well, in that case THAT should be stated in the section rules (any for that matter.)
And since there's nothing about it, I've done nothing wrong.
That's why many people don't get any insights for minis.
There isn't a huge selection of "full games" for the vita. And like me, other's have been
asking what games should they try. How can they find out if a game is good enough or not
if they can't find any info of it?

But I got to take a mods word serious, so I guess a mini isn't a game at all.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements