• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

New Silent Hill by Hideo Kojima & Guilleromo Del Toro starring Norman Reedus

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

lights

So much potential here, I'm quite excited to see how this turns out.

hexdeq.gif

FrOPQLy.png

ssAOX7i.png

Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro are making Silent Hills

Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro are collaborating on a new Silent Hill game with The Walking Dead and The Boondock Saints actor Norman Reedus playing the lead character.

Remember that bizarre teaser trailer Sony showed during its Gamescom press conference for some horror project called P.T.? It ended telling viewers that an "interactive teaser" was out now on PSN. Well Twitch user SoapyWarpig played the rather lengthy teaser to completion and was awarded with a game reveal at the end that Kojima, del Toro and Reedus are collaborating on a game called Silent Hills (thanks, NeoGAF).

It's hard to ignore the "s" at the end of the title. Could that mean this is actually two games? Perhaps a reboot of the series in an alternate timeline? Or maybe it's going to have multiple iterations of the same town in one game.

That's about all we know at the moment, but we're sure astute viewers will find further links between the P.T. teaser and Silent Hill mythos now that we know what we're looking at. We'll update as more details about the project become known.

For now, check out SoapyWarpig's full P.T. playthrough and speculate away.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...nd-guillermo-del-toro-are-making-silent-hills

Trent

I'm interested in seeing what they are going to do with this. I have always been a huge Silent Hill fan. I started with Silent Hill 2 and was terrified but loved it at the same time, and went on to play most of them, though I did not play Homecoming or Downpour. I still have Origins and Shattered Memories on my Vita and had just replayed Origins the other day. It's one of my favorite horror franchises, if not my favorite.

Regarding the "S", the Silent Hill series has always incorporated more than one version of the same town. Silent Hill has always been about Silent Hill and the Otherworld. I am hopeful they'll make something truly scary and more like the older Silent Hill games, with the more personal and deep stories.

Either way, looking forward to seeing what they show.

JoeCool

Suck the weenie!
At first when I heard this, thought it was a movie. Got me excited for nothing...
I've loved every single Silent Hill game though, would be awesome to see it on the Vita unlike that SH game...

Are the PSP versions available for the Vita?

Trent

At first when I heard this, thought it was a movie. Got me excited for nothing...
I've loved every single Silent Hill game though, would be awesome to see it on the Vita unlike that SH game...

Are the PSP versions available for the Vita?

If you have a PS3, yes. They cannot be downloaded directly, but at least in the US, they can be transferred via a PS3 and Content Manager.

Lazerith

My fiancee is kinda annoying me about the new Silent Hill game. She is a huge fan of the series. So I told her because I thought she'd be excited. But here is how the conversation went:
Me: So you know how Hideo Kojima, the creator of the Metal Gear series, said he wanted to make a Silent Hill game? Well it just got announced.
Her: Cool!
Me: It is going to have a reference in it. The main character is the main character from The Walking Dead.
Her: So it is going to have Zombies in it... It's probably not going to be a good Silent Hill game then.
Me: *shows her the trailer*
Her: So it is called Silent Hills? That's stupid....
Me: Kojima said he wanted to make it scary so that it makes you sh** your pants. He even said that he wants there to be a limited edition that comes with a pair of underwear for that reason.
Her: That's not what silent hill is about. I don't like the sounds of this game...

RTRSPCT

It has the potential to become the best Silent Hill yet. For now, I'll settle for Silent Hill 2...:)

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Scrapped, burned alive, and buried.

Nice work, Konami. Nice work.

With Norman Reedus on screen, box art, and what have you... in marketing materials? Instant credibility towards Silent Hill. The icon of The Walking Dead on the face of Silent Hill marketing assets? You're looking at millions of copies sold.

Del Toro's name on the box, too.

tofo0o

Let's hope hideo kojima takes the game elsewhere with it and slap a different name. It is a reboot after all and would not infringe copyright usage if he simply change the name :S

tofo0o

He already is, but to Konami's misfortune. :) No C.E.O is stupid enough to discredit Kojima like they have.

What other games does Konami have to keep em afloat when Kojima leaves after MSG5? Castlevania hasn't lived up to its predecessors... and if they release a brand new Silent hill game, it won't live up to the hype of P.T.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
What other games does Konami have to keep em afloat when Kojima leaves after MSG5? Castlevania hasn't lived up to its predecessors... and if they release a brand new Silent hill game, it won't live up to the hype of P.T.
I know. ;)

Konami has a lot of franchises, but they aren't utilizing them. Silent Hill(s) sits on top of the mountain of them of being under-utilized. I mean, I've been saying this [at another site] for a while now, and nobody seems to be listening: Reedus' name and likeness alone will sell more than enough copies of Silent Hill(s).

Kojima + G. Del Toro + Reedus = Crazy 2 or 3 million copies seller, I project 5 to 10 million copies sold based on the hype the game [er, more like demo] has generated thus far.

tofo0o

I know. ;)

Konami has a lot of franchises, but they aren't utilizing them. Silent Hill(s) sits on top of the mountain of them of being under-utilized. I mean, I've been saying this [at another site] for a while now, and nobody seems to be listening: Reedus' name and likeness alone will sell more than enough copies of Silent Hill(s).

Kojima + G. Del Toro + Reedus = Crazy 2 or 3 million copies seller, I project 5 to 10 million copies sold based on the hype the game [er, more like demo] has generated thus far.

Yee... PT alone was the biggest hype to date and Kojima was a genius to team up with Del Toro and one of the most famous actor Reedus.

Love Del Toro films and I love Reedus in Boondock Saints and Walking Dead!! ♡^♡

Anyways I hope Kojima continues this project under a different name

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements