• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Announcement DestroyRepeat Sig Contest

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
I've been inspired by @Ik0n88x's recent post. I am currently working on a new design for DestroyRepeat, so with that in mind... I am now enacting a contest, or a giveaway, if you will.

We don't have a way to advertise DestroyRepeat.com so what better way to entice new users to sign up to DestroyRepeat other than a signature? A banner?

Design a signature for DestroyRepeat, and if we choose to use them as the official signature of DestroyRepeat, you're the winner. You will receive a game of your choice THIS coming year, and we'll send it to you or send it to you when the game is out. That applies to any console, or platform.

What kind of signature do we want? Awesome ones! :)

It can have any game on it.

What are examples?

@Ik0n88x's very own TitanFallNation sig...
titanbar1_zps8f445c74.gif

And a secondary one for TitanFallNation...
Atlasbar_zpsc99d7bd4.gif

I happen to have one for CODForums...
codforumsad.gif

It doesn't have to be GIF, it can be anything - as long it's awesome!

You do not have to use the current DestroyRepeat color scheme, design, or logo. You can be as creative as you want to be!

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Anyone can enter! :)

The whole point of this contest is to bring forward the best artists... and to bring more participation! :)

:D

UnholyVision

Looking at the low amount of replies, is this still active? I might throw my hat in the ring if it is still going on. It has been a while since I have really done any PS or Gimp work. Outside the occasional thumbnail for something personal I haven't done a signature or banner in some time, so could be fun.

It doesn't have to be GIF, but are there any formats not accepted? Considering the places you may use these for advertising only allowing X format. Also, are there any size requirements or anything of that notion?

Oh and hello again from the grave of PS Vita Forums. Been ages since I last visited here.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Looking at the low amount of replies, is this still active?
Just because there's a low amount of replies, does not mean it isn't active. We're in one of those... quiet months as I explained here. I am also re-indexing the site on google at the moment. That's why the activity is low right now. It's actually working to my favor than not. I can now focus on hammering the issues from the import.
I might throw my hat in the ring if it is still going on. It has been a while since I have really done any PS or Gimp work. Outside the occasional thumbnail for something personal I haven't done a signature or banner in some time, so could be fun.
By all means, go for it! :)
It doesn't have to be GIF, but are there any formats not accepted? Considering the places you may use these for advertising only allowing X format. Also, are there any size requirements or anything of that notion?
It's not limited to gif, it can be jpeg, or png, or other filetypes. As long as the filesize is manageable - as in, the load time it takes to show... is fast. We don't want to be the reason why the page loads so slow. Look at the other sigs on the site, and in this thread for inspiration. :)
Oh and hello again from the grave of PS Vita Forums. Been ages since I last visited here.
Welcome back! :)

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Here is a small Userbar for Destroy Repeat!

Made with Photoshop CS5
Made by: Empyre

View attachment 7396
AWESOME work! :) Awesome! That's a GREAT example of a good lookin' sig! :D

EDIT: I have added the image to the server; so you have two ways to use the image:

From the attachment above, or the direct link here:

Code:
http://www.destroyrepeat.com/imgs/DRSignature.png

To embed it to your sig, simply apply the tags like this:

Code:
[IMG]http://www.destroyrepeat.com/imgs/DRSignature.png[/IMG]

However, if you want to add a URL to the image, do it this way:

Code:
[URL=http://www.destroyrepeat.com][IMG]http://www.destroyrepeat.com/imgs/DRSignature.png[/IMG][/URL]

This will be the end result:

Most message boards or forum communities are powered by vBulletin or xenForo, but most forums adhere to the above code. It's pretty universal. But if they don't, don't worry about it. Users will find us either way. We're not that hard to find.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Can I have one with "CarlosX360" on it?

I want to have another one WITHOUT the username.

That would be great! :D

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Thanks for those "avatar(s)." I have perfect uses for them! :)

I will now add these to the server! :D

EDIT: Sigs added:

DRSig1.png

DRSig2.png

Last edited:

UnholyVision

Okay so I just fiddled around with quiet a few things. Two of which were ideas for obtaining more eyeballs off site via advertisement. Then just rolled with the out there, different, eye catching, retro-ish, whatever designs. I had a few ideas that turned into me liking one thing, but having that lingering, "Could this look better this way" mindset. Forgive me on that and the crazy naming. It was just easier to manage in a folder full of stuff. Anyway, time for the signatures.

ghfqtv2.png

xlcQZ1X.png

qXFlwaC.png

--------
1MJHwCT.png

r1sEllJ.png

-------
jjjybHD.png

0hWQYPw.png

4Jm7Pg9.png

-------
76JCuxx.png

baIYWjB.png

e9CyHNt.png

--------
KoNXSuZ.jpg

--------
hU1wf9x.gif

RFDCC6P.png

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
I would like to recognize one of our users. @Raddect won $50 for his free game - he games on PC, so I went out and bought a $50 Steam Card.

RaddectSupport.jpg

Congratulations, Chad! Thanks for all of your support!

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements