After May’s amazing State of Play, Sony and PlayStation has been pretty quiet. Almost too quiet. They dropped into Gamescom 2019 with a jaw-dropping announcement that they’d already acquired Insomniac Games. Sony came out of hiding again on September 24th with a new State of Play livestream. It chronicles releases between now and early 2020…
Among the announcements are as follows:
- Humanity reveal
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Campaign Premiere
- Wattam reveal
- Arise reveal
- L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files reveal
- PlayStation VR Highlight Reel
- MediEvil gameplay (Demo is available NOW on PlayStation Store)
- Civilization VI reveal for PlayStation 4
- New Death Stranding Limited Edition PS4 console reveal
- After Party reveal
- Last of Us Remastered and MLB The Show 19 are October’s free games for PlayStation Plus subscribers
- Last of Us Part II arrives February 21, 2020!
This was an underwelming State of Play, but we already knew that, though. Sony told us many times that they really do not have a lot to announce between E3 2019 and the current fiscal year (which ends March 2020). The biggest announcements are of course Modern Warfare’s campaign reveal, which also came with its own surprise: Spec Ops is exclusive to PlayStation for a whole year (deal ends on October 2020). The other big announcement is the release date for The Last of Us Part II.