After the rocky, and lackluster showings by Electronic Arts, Microsoft, Bethesda, and UbiSoft over the weekend, there were two standout E32019 conferences that stole the attention of gamers everywhere.
Square Enix showed off a lot of new games that also had stealth announcements during the event. Square Enix opened their conference with a demo and an extended trailer of Final Fantasy VII Remake.
And another one for your viewing pleasure…
I will list some games here to help you understand why the conference was impressive. Lets see, Square Enix also announced…
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition
- Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
- Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringer
- The Last Remnant Remastered
- Circuit Superstars
- Dragon Quest Builders 2
- Romancing Saga 3
- Saga Scarlet Grace Ambitions
- War of the Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
- Dragon Quest 11: Echoes of an Elusive Age S Definitive Edition
Some of those announcements are remasters, some of them are mobile games, some of them are expansions, but very, very few DLC announcements. If at all. They also announced Outriders, and Marvel’s Avengers.
Outriders is a co-op game that can be played with 2 other players – yourself, and two of your buddies can scour a hostile planet infested with aliens. It arrives to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in Summer 2020.
Square Enix ended the presentation with a trailer and a release date of Marvel’s Avengers for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Google Stadia, and PC on May 15, 2020…
You buy Marvel’s Avengers, but it’s a live service game. All DLC’s are free, everything from stages, to characters – all free. No lootboxes, no pay-to-win scenarios, just pure Avengers. They want you to stay on this live service for as long as they can possibly do it. There are collectors editions available for he game, and they hint at cosmetic-only microtrasactions – seems innocent enough, and as long as it’s not as egregious as Anthem.
Nintendo today held a Nintendo Direct which you can see below…
…It was filled with blockbuster announcements that just blew everyone’s minds…
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 Gameplay
- Dragon Quest XI Definitive Edition Release Date
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses Trailer
- Resident Evil 5 & 6 Coming to Switch
- Zelda: Link’s Awakening Remake Gameplay & Release Date
- No More Heroes 3 Coming to Switch
- Daemon x Machina Release Date
- Contra Rogue Corps Coming to Switch
- Contra Anniversary Collection Release Date
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy Coming to Switch
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order Release Date
- Mario And Sonic At The Olympic Games  Coming to Switch
- Cadence Of Hyrule Release Date
- Alien Isolation Coming to Switch
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons Coming to Switch
- The Witcher 3 Coming to Switch
The biggest announcements in my opinion are the Zelda: Breath Of The Wild Sequel and Panzer Dragoon Remake. I was. not expecting. Panzer Dragoon…
For those of you who don’t know, Panzer Dragoon is a doormat Sega franchise that debuted on Sega’s ill-fated Saturn. It spanned a 6 games, but Panzer Dragoon is known for the Saturn games, and an Xbox game called “Panzer Dragoon Orta.” I absolutely love Panzer Dragoon, I am glad its making a comeback.