Sony doesn’t have too many space shooters on its PlayStation Network platform. The original Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer sold enough units to warrant the sequel; Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype. The game is a classic type of shoot ‘em up (also referred to as shmup) on a horizontal plane, some stages change perspectives – some go up, down or sideways, or spiral out of control. In the successor to Soldner X, your mission is to prevent the galaxy from an invasion by a technologically superior race; the D’aarg. You battle through 7 stages to save mankind from the brink of extinction.
What to expect from Soldner X2:
– Impressive audio, and visuals.
– High Definition 3D backgrounds supporting up to 1080p.
– Non-Stop and Action-Packed.
– Enemies filling the screen with every intention of destroying your ship.
– Exciting bullet patterns that test your skill.
– New and powerful weapons.
– New limit attacks.
– New “FourFold Chaser System.”
– Newly designed chaining system.
– New Online Leaderboards with detailed scoring and stats.
– An adrenaline pumping soundtrack of 30 unique tracks.
And then a lot more. Lets to the video, shall we? In May 2010, this is what you’ll be playing:
I’ve written a review article about the original Söldner-X.