Activision and Infinity Ward has been hyping up Battle Royale since before Call of Duty: Modern Warfare was even released. In the background, there was a persistent leaker going by the name of TheGamingRevolution, consistently leaking Battle Royale info over the course of pre-launch, launch, post-launch. He kept leaking the Battle Royale info until Activision turned aggressive against him, in fact his main Twitter account got suspended.
This morning, Activision revealed Call of Duty: Warzone. They took to their official blog to detail the Warzone mode. I’ll break it down in a few words for you…
- Before, it was reported that it would allow 200 players. The new and official number is 150 players. I’m guessing that they will fine-tune the mode to 200 eventually.
- The mode is free for everyone. However, those who own a copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare get it earlier than everyone else (8am PST).
- If you die, you are sent to the Gulag (which is a prison). Your job in the Gulag is to compete with another player in a 1v1 arena fight. Players who are waiting for their turn will be able to see the match, and participate.
- Instead of a sphere of electricity (PUBG/Fortnite), or fire (Battlefield’s Firestorm/Apex Legends), you will have to contend with a gas that’ll be closing in on you while the clock ticks down to zero.
- Cross-Play is confirmed for Warzone. So, you can play someone from Xbox or PC or PlayStation – it doesn’t matter. Just like regular Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
- Solos and Duos confirmed so far. No info on “Squads” so far.
- Loot drops are “as is,” so… you will have to use the weapon as is, with the attachments that are on it. You can’t “customize” it like in regular multiplayer.
- Download sizes are varied: Those of you with a copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will only have to download 18-22GB in the update. However, those of you who just download Warzone or is a new player to Warzone, it’s 83-101GB.
Enjoy the announce trailer for Call of Duty: Warzone.
Call of Duty: Warzone arrives TOMORROW (March 10, 2020) to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.