Activision unveiled the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 trailer this morning. The trailer reveals new gameplay mechanics not found in previous Call of Duty titles. In addition to shooting, you can now thrust jump, punch opponents, wall run, or wall jump, slide, and more.
Much like Black Ops 2, Black Ops 3 takes place in the future, the year 2060. Black Ops 3 takes place 35 years after the events of Black Ops 2. New technologies have been developed to make air superiority useless, and much of the new tech is centered around integrated systems. These integrated systems include enhanced limbs, and more control over their physiology. Your job is to find out why the CIA site in Singapore is no longer on the grid, but what happens next becomes a bigger problem: The largest intelligence leak in military history.
What we know so far:
– Black Ops 3 heads to retail shelves on November 6th, a Friday.
– Will only be released to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
– No Xbox branding on trailers leads many to believe that PlayStation 4 is the lead console this time.
– Pre-Order BO3, and you gain access to the Multiplayer Beta.
– The beta will take place after Gamescom, so the duration of the beta will be 1 or 2 months.
– Zombies will make a return, and it looks nasty from the looks of things from posteers.