Video game developer and publisher Tecmo announced today the release of NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 2 on PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system. The latest installment in the critically acclaimed series, NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 2, releases in North America today, followed by Japan and Europe on October 2nd, 2009.
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2:
NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 2’s Collector’s Edition will be available exclusively from GameStop in North America, and includes the Official Soundtrack with over 30 tracks, and an 80-page book featuring:
* A 30-page Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 prologue comic written and designed by Team NINJA. The comic is a printed version of the in-game digital comic.
* Mini-Strategy Guide: A starter guide covering Ryu, Ayane, Momiji, and Rachel’s weapons, ninpos, Story Mode basics, Team Missions and more
* Art Gallery: A peek at various character concept artwork
* Commentary from Team NINJA producer Yosuke Hayashi and the team’s lead artists
In addition, consumers who pre-ordered NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 2 at GameStop will receive an exclusive downloadable costume available through the PlayStation Network.
As super ninja Ryu Hayabusa, you roam the world and hunt down the Demon Statue that was stolen by the Black Spider Ninja Clan to prevent the resurrection of the evil Archfiend. From Tokyo to New York, follow Ryu as he encounters vicious enemies and acquires an extensive assortment of ninja weaponry along the way.
* New Playable Characters: Ninja Gaiden’s Rachel, Ayane from the Dead or Alive series and Momiji from Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword appear as sexy new playable characters
* Team Missions mode (Co-op): Two players can engage in online co-op play with voice chat in more than 30 different missions. View and record your play through “Ninja Cinema” and share your Cinema and Mission results via PlayStation Network
* Chapter Challenge mode: Master your favorite chapter and compete against others for the top Karma points
* Ninja Record: View your complete stats for every mode played, number of enemies defeated, drops and throws, combos, rescues, character usage rate and more
* Rewards: Over 50 trophies to earn throughout the game and a dozen unlockable costumes. Weapons acquired can be leveled up to strengthen their power and gain new battle techniques.
* Visual Diversity: Over 30 unique characters, 17 stages with a variety of environments, and a storyline which unfolds in 70 impressive cut-scenes
* Variable AI: Contributing to the increased difficulty level, the gameplay differs each time you appear in a level as enemies engage in a variety of different actions as they assess the current situation
* Gameplay Innovation: A finishing blow system can be used in battle to quickly defeat an enemy in one dynamic action
More information on the title is available at the Official Ninja Gaiden website.
NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 2 is rated “M” (Mature) by the Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB) and will carry a suggested retail price of US $59.99 (Collector’s Edition US $69.99).
Source: Tecmo Press Release.