• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

World War Z

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elle Lawliet

Elle Oh Elle
Has anyone else ever read this book?

Max Brooks wrote it, he's the same guy who wrote the "Zombie Survival Guide" which I have yet to read (though I've been trying to for the past two years).

I read it twice while I was on vacation over Easter and it was just...amazing to me. I've read post-apocalyptic stories before, and we all know how tiresome they can get. Everyone just regurgitates Resident Evil and George Romero until their brains bleed. World War Z offers a completely revitalized view on the zombie menace and apocalypse, making me overhaul my entire opinions on what I'd do if this ever happened.

It's a really good book, even if it were just a fictional war and lacked any supernatural influences. The story is told from a reporter's point of view, who is collecting a history of what happened and interviews people who played important roles or saw interesting things during the war. Just...really enthralling.

Zackapple Express

khdahahfdiahkai fka
I haven't finished reading. But, it's a great fucking book. It's one of the more realistic fiction books...if there are such things. There should be.

Anyways, this is a great book. I need to find it and start reading it again so I can finish.

Marcius

THEY HACKED...INTO...MY FUCKIN' CAR!
Just started reading it. A friend of mine loaned it out to me...I'm enjoying it so far. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements