• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita Wipeout 2048 English text?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Does anyone know if the full import version of wipeout 2048 has English text like the demo had? I saw it listed on play Asia and it stated jap text?

chowyunfatt

It has full english text, menus. It comes with a online pass so you would be locked to a JP account for online play.

It has full english text, menus. It comes with a online pass so you would be locked to a JP account for online play.

Cheers for the info, still quite tempted on getting an import copy, depending on how much an online pass would be from UK PSN. So that I could play online once the big switch on happens over here :)

chowyunfatt

I don't

Cheers for the info, still quite tempted on getting an import copy, depending on how much an online pass would be from UK PSN. So that I could play online once the big switch on happens over here :)

I think if you bought a UK online pass it would not work with the JP copy of the game.

DLC content or online passes are region locked like with the PS3. I'm not sure if Wipeout has world wide play but if you fancy playing online alot with people in Europe then your best waiting for the EU release.

I don't

I think if you bought a UK online pass it would not work with the JP copy of the game.

DLC content or online passes are region locked like with the PS3. I'm not sure if Wipeout has world wide play but if you fancy playing online alot with people in Europe then your best waiting for the EU release.

Good point, not so tempted now after seeing how much obtaining an import copy will cost me :(. Better to be patient and save at least £25 on the game when released on the 22nd

chowyunfatt

Good point, not so tempted now after seeing how much obtaining an import copy will cost me :(. Better to be patient and save at least £25 on the game when released on the 22nd

Yes, its only a few weeks now, plus most games can be had for under £30.

Yes, its only a few weeks now, plus most games can be had for under £30.

Makes it hard to be patient after playing the demo :confused: , but as the online is a big part of this particular version of Wipeout its definitely one to put off until UK release. Guess it means I will have more time to achieve platinum on Uncharted ;)

berva

Yeah the Jap Version of the game is in full English (If your Vita is set to English), again the issue of the online pass is the deal breaker for me. I'll wait for local release on the 22nd and get my wipeout on.

berva

Does anyone have any idea when this game will be released on the Hong Kong PSN? I read somewhere that it should be on the 15th Feb.

chowyunfatt

Does anybody have Wipeout on the PS3, will be good to try out cross play too, I've got the PS3 version and I think a patch will be released come 22nd Feb so we could try it out then.

Niova Sky

haha definitely looking forward to race against the PS Vita Addicts XD 19 more days. terrible how slow the time goes since i made my pre-order. i'm on youtube all the time looking at videos and how much fun people are having wih it. still i have a question that no one could answer. and i dont know why. does the game have a Racebox menu section for custom races like in previous Wipeout titles. and if yes, can we play the HD Fury tracks in custom offline racer or not. since the cross-play the tracks have to be on the Gamecard. anyone an answer? :D would really appriciate it.

Niova Sky

you think that would be too much content for that price? :D 22x2 tracks right from the box XD i would definitely like it :D but since Wipeout 2048 only has 5 Teams we will probably get some awesome DLC. btw sidenote. is it only me or did everyone elses page go weird? it says xenForo :D no ide how to make it back XD

kiryukun

it will most likely be on there this wednesday, thats when the PS store in hong kong updates, just like the UK one.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements