• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Windows 8 (Poll)

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Are you going to get Windows 8 at launch.

• Total voters

Wewooo

Windows 8 comes next week, I am excited for this as trying the consumer and dev preview were a smooth ride. Some of the major features of windows 8 is the metro UI (Touch based UI, Works pretty well with a mouse) and the fact it can run on ARM processors (like the one in our beloved VITA).

Post your opinions here.

sunjay141

I'm sorry but i'm gonna have to kill you for taking my spot as Brony of the forum :D

I'm a Mac user.

I love the UI though :p

MadMike

Buying a Windows OS at launch is generally a bad idea. There end up being a nice handful of bugs and it takes a while before things are optimized. I'll wait at least a few months so things can smooth out before I pick up Windows 8.

JoeCool

Suck the weenie!
Windows 8 comes next week, I am excited for this as trying the consumer and dev preview were a smooth ride. Some of the major features of windows 8 is the metro UI (Touch based UI, Works pretty well with a mouse) and the fact it can run on ARM processors (like the one in our beloved VITA).

Post your opinions here.
Already have it...like a BOSS. :cool:
60969390.png
Buying a Windows OS at launch is generally a bad idea. There end up being a nice handful of bugs and it takes a while before things are optimized. I'll wait at least a few months so things can smooth out before I pick up Windows 8.
Actually its been out for quiet some time now. (like 6 months or so)
And it's been troubleshooted, bug fixed and all the good stuff. I think this version will come pretty awesome!

Inoperable Brain Tumor

When I bought my new laptop they had a promotion going that you could buy the Windows 8 upgrade for $15. Im going to buy it, but Im not going to install it anytime soon.

iTz Dr mad

Ive never used it so I can't say flat out I dont like it but I don't like the look of the massive tiles, seems like a step back. Almost as if you turned your screen resolution down to 800x600 and had massive icons again.

Is there an option when you install 8 to turn off all the Metro UI stuff and use the old UI. I'm probably just better off staying with 7 arent I :p

JoeCool

Suck the weenie!
Ive never used it so I can't say flat out I dont like it but I don't like the look of the massive tiles, seems like a step back. Almost as if you turned your screen resolution down to 800x600 and had massive icons again.

Is there an option when you install 8 to turn off all the Metro UI stuff and use the old UI. I'm probably just better off staying with 7 arent I :p
It has the Old UI. The Tiles is just the START menu.
Everything else is like Windows 7 except that it has AWESOME features.

DeathMoJo

The Navy Guy
I am registered for the $15 upgrade, plan to fulfill the upgrade once i return from my deployment. By then the OS will have been out 6 months or so, so any major issues should be resolved by then, at least i can hope.

MadMike

Already have it...like a BOSS. :cool:

Actually its been out for quiet some time now. (like 6 months or so)
And it's been troubleshooted, bug fixed and all the good stuff. I think this version will come pretty awesome!

Release preview doesn't really count as being already out, IMO. A new list of bugs always come with the official release.

CUD

I'll stick with Windows 7 thank you very much. I'm not 'upgrading' to an OS that is designed for tablets.

MadMike

It keeps updating like every week, so I'm assuming everything is how it will be.

I guess I should give it a shot if it's as smooth as you say. My computer is due for a reformatting anyhow, so I'm downloading the preview. I read somewhere that it's only going to be $40 to upgrade to 8 Pro, so the price is nice this time around.

jayjack

My wife's laptop has been having issues lately.
I'll probably get 8 to hopefully strengthen things out and mess around a bit with it.
But I have no interest using it one one of my computers.

taengaroo

I'm a mac user but I plan on getting it for bootcamp or parallels (don't know about the support yet tho....)

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements