• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita Will Need for Speed Rivals be announced for the Vita?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

t3hmadgamr

I really liked playing NFS MW on the go on my Vita. I really hope EA allows a Vita version of Rivals to happen.

IIRC, it sold pretty well on the Vita even compared to the Wii u version (although it WAS the Wii u version and low sales are expected)

I also hope the game (if it does come to the Vita) comes in the Vita's native resolution and with improved graphical fidelity compared to its predecessor

Murphy

I've asked EA and they told me that there is nothing to report at this time.

This point last year we already knew that a Vita version of MW was coming.

sunjay141

EA hasn't announced anything yet and i've begun to lose hope but I really want it to come to the Vita.

t3hmadgamr

I've asked EA and they told me that there is nothing to report at this time.

This point last year we already knew that a Vita version of MW was coming.

Oh yeah... I remember you posted something about having "EA contacts." So you know some people at EA?

Yanikun

IIRC, it sold pretty well on the Vita even compared to the Wii u version (although it WAS the Wii u version and low sales are expected)

The Wii U version is a late port. The Vita version came out day and date with the PS360 versions (30 October 2012), vs. 19 March 2013 for the Wii U, so outselling it would be the minimum requirement. I don't even know what those devs are thinking with their late ports; they always sell poorly. It should be day-and-date or bust.

Most Wanted Vita didn't sell as well as the PSP NFS titles, and it probably cost them more to produce, so I personally didn't/don't expect Rivals on the Vita this year. I think the Vita game did well for its install base, but when they started making it, they probably expected the base to be bigger by then. So I think a new NFS is more likely next year. NFS games do well on Sony systems usually, so it's probably just a matter of growing the install base some more until we see another one.

Yanikun

That would be welcome, but personally I would prefer a fresh Need for Speed for the Vita, not a "version" or a "port".

Me too. I don't really know why, I just don't like when handhelds get the same games as home consoles.

I know people who are equally interested in home consoles and handhelds and were disappointed that Sonic Racing Transformed was the same on all platforms, as if the content were different, they'd have bought both the home console and the handheld game. I'm like that too, if a handheld game's not made specifically for a handheld, my hype-level is gonna go down a bit. Maybe it's because I grew up with handhelds that got their own versions of stuff releasing on home consoles. Of course, at the time it was because of hardware limitations, but that's the handheld gaming I got used to as I was growing up and I like it that way.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements