• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Which photo editing software do you use?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Eclipse_FPSForum

Contributor
Which Photo Editing Software do you use commonly?

I use Photoshop for the most part, but haven't even touched it recently. I used to use Gimp 2.0 a long time ago.

Red Herring

I use a combination of Photoshop and Paint.NET. Photoshop when I can actually find the effort to design something graphically pleasing.
XgQN3QL.png

Paint.NET, however, can often perform a lot of Photoshop-esque functions at a much quicker pace. And it's much more ideal for pixel art, for things like the the cat sprites in my signature and my signature avatar. For anything I want to be gleaming with graphical beauty, however, Photoshop.

Nut

I have Photoshop CS6 for when I want to do things, but don't really use it that much. I might get back into it though, seems like a fun thing to do in my spare time other than posting here:D

LowISO

I use Apple's Aperture, what I love about it is you can set levels to enhance a single photo from a shoot and it can then apply those levels to every photo in that shoot, and you can then go touch up every photo individually.

It also allows you to do tethered shoots, which is when you snap a photo and it immediately shows on your Mac (and any settings can be applied automatically and instantly). I use it whenever I'm doing an indoor shoot with a tripod because I can turn the laptop to whoever I'm shooting photos from and they can instantly see each photo as it's taken. I can also use remote desktop to control my Mac through my iPad, and I can walk around and have my DSLR capture photos whenever I choose.

Yarik

I still stick to the first photo editing software that I ever used - GIMP. It's a free program and suits my needs perfectly well. It's also easy to use and has plenty of tutorials if you don't understand anything and need help.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Do you prefer games with photo realistic textures or ones with cartoony textures? General Gaming 1
S We just got a major update we got a new photo gallery thanks to my wife! CarlosX360 Archive 6
S I am going to spend the next two weeks or so organizing our Photo Gallery! CarlosX360 Archive 9
S I replaced the old Photo Gallery today! CarlosX360 Archive 2
O Mysterious photo in the Beta start up screen. Star Wars 6
TheRetroRampager PSVita Photo database corrupted. Freezes when I set backgrounds PlayStation 0
A Profile Cover Photo for Premium Members / Ace Pilots CarlosX360 Archive 9
Carlos Want Photo-Realistic Graphics? It's here. General Gaming 10
Eclipse_FPSForum Man purchases photo of Xbox One on eBay General Gaming 3
BerryAl PSVita The Future of Portable Gaming? (Photo Heavy + Poll) PlayStation 88
A PSVita One of my vita loads images from photo app slowly PlayStation 0
Kemo My Most Fav. Photo Ive Ever Tooken. Off Topic Lounge 12
A PSVita Got a Vita? Show us your photo's! PlayStation 0
Sir Dreamer Genetic Members Photo Off Topic Lounge 5
V The [b]Official[/b] GeneticHax Staff Photo Album! Off Topic Lounge 7
ThisIsChwy iPhone 5 Speaker [Leaked Photo] Tech Central 0
xI2ESENTFULx [TUT] Take Photo's On PS3 W/O Camera PlayStation 2
Eiko Video Editing. Creative Corner 1
G My Editing (Check it out) Creative Corner 0
H Patch Editing Service. Call of Duty 4
Kellz Sony To Sell PS3 Image Editing Software PlayMemories This Week Gaming News 2
C Thread editing Completed Suggestions 1
Rawr Post editing = link breaks removed Completed Suggestions 4
studman97 OFGWBBQ Best Editing [Cod4 Montage] Creative Corner 2
Xx305-_-NinjaxX Hawkins v4.0 Editing Suggestions Call of Duty 19
FuhNaTiic Beast Editing Online Videos 5
L Best Cod4 Editing Ever! Online Videos 7
ThisIsChwy Great Montage and Editing Online Videos 2
Belfast1986 Quick Guide to Photoshop, GIMP, and Other Image-Editing Programs for Beginners. Creative Corner 1
WEE_FITZYBOY My Top 5 Free Video Editing Softwares Creative Corner 7
synura this Is Editing Creative Corner 3
Carlos Scorn by Ebb Software PC 1
S Forum software you hate? Tech Central 0
R Lenovo used a hidden Windows feature to ensure its software could not be deleted Tech Central 5
DiamondBat PSVita VITA IS SAVED: Sony exec confirms "Vita is doing good numbers, software is no longer a problem" PlayStation 102
Chubzdoomer PSVita The Vita's software sucks. PlayStation 48
W Best software? Creative Corner 4
Jamie What's your favourite forum software? Tech Central 8
chase123 PSVita PS Vita vs PSP software sales. PlayStation 10
Eclipse_FPSForum Favorite Forum Software? Tech Central 19
Eclipse_FPSForum Favorite Forum/Blog Software? Tech Central 8
Stray Feral PSVita General Vita software questions PlayStation 12
B Which Virus Protection Software (if any) do you use? Tech Central 8
D Best forum software? Tech Central 10
mravi What is the best software for graphic design? Creative Corner 7
JoeCool PSVita PS Vita System Software Update (v.2.10) PlayStation 67
diabloNL PSVita Earth Defense Force 2017 bug (software not AI) PlayStation 10
Tonkata PSVita Can anyone give me some learn how to update system software to use ps store? PlayStation 1
Laocontico PSVita PS Vita System Software Update (v2.00) PlayStation 240
Melnum Having mouse trouble, need diagnostic software General Gaming 3