• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Where do you see yourself 10, 20, 30 years from now are you still going to be a gamer?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Soulwatcher

30 years from now I am going to be 72 years old. And hopefully, Minecraft and this website are still around. :cwl: And I plan on gaming until my hands cripple up or until the day I die. Where do you see yourself 10, 20, 30 years from now are you still going to be a gamer?

wallet

Well, I don't know, 30 years from now I will have 70 years old and I hope I will still be alive. At that age, I think other things will have a priority than playing games. I would probably fear of death and try to spend more time in nature and with my family!

Mariana

Haha, we will all be so old :D we can meet up in a retirement home and play Minecraft if it's still alive!

Anyway, yes, I will be a gamer forever. It's just part of me and who I am as a person. You can't simply stop playing games if you were brought up with them. So, games will stay with me until I can physically no longer play... where do I see myself otherwise? I have no clue. I try not to overthink the future and just focus on the present.

overcast

I am 32 right now and my attention span is already reducing. I can't imagine myself playing many videos games on 35. I am getting more into development and business aspect of things. I can't see myself as casual gamer. I have seen my friends dying, siblings moving away. It's hard to stay gamer forever. It's just a phase of life. I am single so I get time but I won't be playing games in next few years most likely travel is in the books.

Soulwatcher

I am 32 right now and my attention span is already reducing. I can't imagine myself playing many videos games on 35. I am getting more into development and business aspect of things. I can't see myself as casual gamer. I have seen my friends dying, siblings moving away. It's hard to stay gamer forever. It's just a phase of life. I am single so I get time but I won't be playing games in next few years most likely travel is in the books.
I am right there with you, I am 42 years old and I do believe it been 2 days since I have played Minecraft. Because I have been doing things in real life and spending a ton of time with my wife lately and that's a good thing. Because real life is way more important than video games. But none the less like I say I will always be a gamer until the day I die or my hands cripple up. :cwl:

overcast

I am right there with you, I am 42 years old and I do believe its been 2 days since I have played Minecraft. Because I have been doing things in real life and spending a ton of time with my wife lately and that's a good thing. Because real life is way more important then video games. But non the less like I say I will always be a gamer until the day I die or my hands cripple up. :cwl:
I see what you mean. I think for me despite being single, I have spent time doing stuff. And it surely goes really fast. I think from 25 onwards time moves way too fast. So it's really hard to find time for gaming. I do play during the weekend. And mobile games when I am inside cab or train. But that's all for it. I have glasses now and I don't want to increase the number on lenses. But yeah, at heart I'll be gamer too.

After 30 years, I am going to be 50 years old. Hopefully I am already retired by then. It sounds funny but I think I am still the same, playing a lot of games. I might be even playing Minecraft since there would be a lot of features added to the game! I do not really think about what would my life be as an adult playing games, but rather I am interested as to what Minecraft would become.

Marvadaum

Well, i don't see no reason not to. I have made into my twenties and I still have a healthy taste for gaming so I don't see any reason why I wouldn't be playing for the next 10 or 20 years. I won't go as far as saying 30 years from now on because many things can happen and I don't even know if I am going to be alive by then. JK hahaha

ballyhara

Actually that's a good idea, we all bunch of elders survivors of Minecraft... we are going to have so much fun playing without thinking about working like slaves. At least I'm going to have a blast, just laughing at myself while I try to handle the game with my elder hands hahaha. Surely I will keep playing, my inner child will demand it.

amitkokiladitya

Gaming is the essence of my life. I cannot breathe if I don't play my favorite games. So, no matter how old I become my addiction for gaming will never subside. Maybe my eyes will turn weak and fail to bear prolonged exposure to screens but a hour or two per day will do no harm.

The best part of playing video games is that it requires minimal physical activity so there will be no fear of weak bones and achieve good muscles. My life and my games will always remain together.

Kira1

Haha, we will all be so old :D we can meet up in a retirement home and play Minecraft if it's still alive!
This really sounds like a good idea. Hehe. We will be all in our virtual headsets playing Minecraft on a camping site bumping each other's heads haha! But yeah, I also hope I can still be able to have energy to click a mouse or push a button. @_@

Soulwatcher

This really sounds like a good idea. Hehe. We will be all in our virtual headsets playing Minecraft on a camping site bumping each other's heads haha! But yeah, I also hope I can still be able to have energy to click a mouse or push a button. @_@
I never thought of it that way and that does sound a bit scary because in 30 years I will be 72! And I saw some people in their 70's move around like a 50-year-old and I have seen some barely able to push a walker!

fishmonk

I think I will still be a game at that age. The problem would be how frequent can I game. As we grow older, there is more responsibility for us. I will most likely play building and strategy games then.

Soulwatcher

I think I will still be a game at that age. The problem would be how frequent can I game. As we grow older, there is more responsibility for us. I will most likely play building and strategy games then.
Yes, this is true for a certain age group. However I am 42 years old, I would like to think that I have all of the responsibilities that I am ever going to have in my lifetime LOL. :cwl:

JoeMilford

This is a great question. Actually, yes, I think I will still be gaming if I am still around in the next 20 to 30 years. I anticipate incredible advancements in gaming technology as well which will be exciting to experiment with well into my ripe old age.

Dexter Morgan

I’m a gamer. I love playing games. I’ve been playing video games since I was a kid. 30 years from now? I would be 55. Perhaps a proud granddad, still being a gamer.
Yeah, I would continue playing video games until I no longer can. Hopefully I can be of some good competition for my grandchildren LOL.

Tania997

I've been playing games for a long time and I'll continue to do so even when I'm older. Time won't kill a passion, it won't stop you from enjoying something. I still enjoy games from 10-15 years ago. It would be fun to meet up on a minecraft server, if it still exists and build some kind of retirement house where every player from this period of time would have fun :)

Soulwatcher

I've been playing games for a long time and I'll continue to do so even when I'm older. Time won't kill a passion, it won't stop you from enjoying something. I still enjoy games from 10-15 years ago. It would be fun to meet up on a minecraft server, if it still exists and build some kind of retirement house where every player from this period of time would have fun :)
LOL LOL LOL LOL I can just imagine building a retirement house in Minecraft 30 years from now. I would be 73 years old. :cwl: I do know one thing for sure I am going to game until the day I die or my hands cripple up. :cwl:

overcast

Gaming is the essence of my life. I cannot breathe if I don't play my favorite games. So, no matter how old I become my addiction for gaming will never subside. Maybe my eyes will turn weak and fail to bear prolonged exposure to screens but a hour or two per day will do no harm.

The best part of playing video games is that it requires minimal physical activity so there will be no fear of weak bones and achieve good muscles. My life and my games will always remain together.
After 50s I doubt gaming would take priority. If memory stays consistent then it's another thing. But most likely it won't be that good that for many of us. So addiction has to be adjusted before we hit 50. And on that basis I can tell you that it should not be primary activity in that age. Health should be the priority instead. But yeah each to their own on their life with or without gaming.

amitkokiladitya

After 50s I doubt gaming would take priority. If memory stays consistent then it's another thing. But most likely it won't be that good that for many of us. So addiction has to be adjusted before we hit 50. And on that basis I can tell you that it should not be primary activity in that age. Health should be the priority instead. But yeah each to their own on their life with or without gaming.

I agree that after 50's priorities of life will change. And why only after 50's? This is a scenario which occurs after every decade of life.

Our priorities change with age and we mold our lives accordingly. But, there are some passions which remain unchanged. For me this includes my love for gaming. Though there might me a change in frequency and intensity of gaming hours but it shall never wean off completely.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements