• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

What was the latest movie that you watched?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in

Soulwatcher

The other day my wife and I went to the dollar show and we watched "Captain Underpants". Needless to say, it wasn't the greatest movie and my wife and I decided to leave the theater before it was even over. What was the latest movie that you watched?

Kira1

The last movie I watched was Alien: Covenant. It's a sequel of the Alien movies. That was yesterday though. I also watch a tv show today if it's considered as one. It's the second episode of the 7th season of Game of Thrones. :)

morgoodie

The last movie that I seen in a theater was Despicable Me 3 and it was really cute. I have watched one at home since then and that was Hidden Figures which was a really good movie with many funny parts in it. I would recommend Hidden Figures to everyone if they haven't seen it yet. I am disappointed that Captain Underpants was that bad. My son loves the books and wanted to see it but we haven't yet. I almost forgot we watched The Lego Batman movie the other night as well. Hilarious!! Loved that movie and look forward to the next Lego movie coming out.

Soulwatcher

The last movie that I seen in a theater was Despicable Me 3 and it was really cute. I have watched one at home since then and that was Hidden Figures which was a really good movie with many funny parts in it. I would recommend Hidden Figures to everyone if they haven't seen it yet. I am disappointed that Captain Underpants was that bad. My son loves the books and wanted to see it but we haven't yet. I almost forgot we watched The Lego Batman movie the other night as well. Hilarious!! Loved that movie and look forward to the next Lego movie coming out.
Well, you never know you and your son mike like it. And I would wait to rent it from Redbox unless you guys have a dollar show in your area. Because I wouldn't spend a lot of money on t encase you guys don't like it.

ballyhara

The last movie I watched was Alien: Covenant. It's a sequel of the Alien movies. That was yesterday though. I also watch a tv show today if it's considered as one. It's the second episode of the 7th season of Game of Thrones. :)
waiting for this one to hit cinemas in my country, I'm an Alien fan since the first one with Mrs Sigourney Weaver, although my favorite still is the second one Aliens... the last one I just saw is the newest of Transformers saga... great action-visual effects, and GOT is the heck of a series, hope Khaleesi burns the Lanisters with those dragons.

BatmanWayne

The last movie that I have seen was the Spiderman new movie, it was very very good and, if you are a fan of the superhero or fan of your friendly neighbor Spiderman, I recommend to see this, is a new beginning to this awesome character of the Marvel universe, you will love the movies and you will feel connected to the movie and every character on it.

wallet

Hi, the last movie I have seen was Amityville: The Awakening a thriller movie that I saw last night with my wife to the cinema. We went out for a few hours, eating at KFC, seeing a movie and walk down to our home....just as we did when we were younger!

Mariana

I have never heard of the Captain Underpants. I am sad to hear that it was terrible and that you had to leave early... what is it even about?

The last movie that I have seen was Wonder Woman. It was very recently. Me and two other friends decided to give it a try even though that we don't typically go and watch the superhero movies. Anyway, we all grabbed some yummy popcorn and sodas, went into the theater and were met by a completely full room! It was so packed. I was pleasantly surprised because the last time that I went to the cinema, it was half empty, haha. The movie actually surprised me in a very positive light. I didn't expect it to be amazing but it really was. I think that Gal Gadot did an outstanding job portraying the Wonder Woman. I'd highly recommend the movie to everybody :) you won't regret the watch!

Soulwatcher

I have never heard of the Captain Underpants. I am sad to hear that it was terrible and that you had to leave early... what is it even about?
Without giving any spoilers it's a cartoon about a superhero that goes around in his underwear lol. :cwl: Other than that you're going to have to watch it for yourself. Because a lot of people get very upset when you post spoilers.

Kira1

waiting for this one to hit cinemas in my country, I'm an Alien fan since the first one with Mrs Sigourney Weaver, although my favorite still is the second one Aliens... the last one I just saw is the newest of Transformers saga... great action-visual effects, and GOT is the heck of a series, hope Khaleesi burns the Lanisters with those dragons.
I think you can purchase it online. But cinemas are better I agree. I am not really a fan of Alien series I just watch it because I have watched some of the prequels. Transformers is a good movie to binge watch. Ah yes, GoT is very, intriguing lol. Although one or two has to die. I'm thinking that the dragons will die instantly because of those ballistas. I'm sure there would be many of those huge weapons.

fishmonk

I watched Dunkirk recently. It's an excellent film by Christopher Nolan once again. It's not the normal blockbuster film but I like it since it's related to a real event which has happened.

overcast

This Saturday I watched "Phoenix Forgotten". It's on the premise that during the last 50 years there were some Alien visitation in the phoenix region. And the phoenix lights were appeared. And that's the place where few teens also gone missing. And what happened to them. I am guessing it's not a very high grade movie. As it's mostly into found footage genre. It was good one though, just didn't found it exciting, one time watch type.

Mariana

Without giving any spoilers its a cartoon about a superhero that goes around in his underwear lol. :cwl: Other then that your going to have to watch it for yourself. Because a lot of people get very upset when you post spoilers.
Haha! It does sound very ''exciting'' :D but since I read your review about it, I won't be seeing it. Thanks for saving me some time.

@fishmonk wow, you have already watched Dunkirk? It isn't in cinemas here yet... I have been waiting so long to see it. I've been reading about how they've filmed it and everything related because it's the type of movies that I enjoy the most. What rating would you give it out of 10?

ballyhara

I think you can purchase it online. But cinemas are better I agree. I am not really a fan of Alien series I just watch it because I have watched some of the prequels. Transformers is a good movie to binge watch. Ah yes, GoT is very, intriguing lol. Although one or two has to die. I'm thinking that the dragons will die instantly because of those ballistas. I'm sure there would be many of those huge weapons.
Yeah, Cersei is the evil incarnated, pretty sure those weapons will kill one or two dragons but I don't think they will kill them all. Also, agree, at least 2 principal characters will die too. So far this season goes better than the sixth, that one was super slow. Deaths will be more cruel than ever with that bunch of queens on thrones.

Kira1

Yeah, Cersei is the evil incarnated, pretty sure those weapons will kill one or two dragons but I don't think they will kill them all. Also, agree, at least 2 principal characters will die too. So far this season goes better than the sixth, that one was super slow. Deaths will be more cruel than ever with that bunch of queens on thrones.
Yup. This season I believe is far better than all other seasons because only in this season, that there are a lot of major things happening. Unlike the previous ones wherein the major things only happen at the end.

amitkokiladitya

The last movie which I watched was a Bollywood movie named Hindi Medium. It was a nice movie based on present education system . It was a nice movie and I enjoyed every bit of it. It delivered a great message and that too in a comical manner.

Xilkozuf

The last movie I saw was War for the Planet of the Apes, the last chapter of the recent trilogy reboot. And it was.. nice, not the best one in the trilogy (that is still the first one) but it was a nice conclusion anyway, a fitting ending for some movies that no one - me included - expected to be that good.

ballyhara

The last movie I saw was War for the Planet of the Apes, the last chapter of the recent trilogy reboot. And it was.. nice, not the best one in the trilogy (that is still the first one) but it was a nice conclusion anyway, a fitting ending for some movies that no one - me included - expected to be that good.
I've been waiting for this movie to come, apparently is the end of the whole plot, and really want to see how these two societies end up. Totally agree, the first one is by far my favorite, really well done, story, characters, drama, action scenes, visual effects. Second one is not like bad, but never as good as the first one. So, this one has to close it up. Please no spoiler alerts, I love to live the moment, but based on what you say, it deserves to be watched on cinema. Let you know my opinion once I saw it.

vinaya

Two days ago, I watched Spiderman Home coming. While the movie had a good storyline, I will not like the movie. I think I am done with Spiderman movies. A day before I watched spiderman, I watched Wonder Woman. The movie had nothing new except the action sequences. I really liked the girl action.

jkeypad

Kong: skull island. The king is back! it was good. Again, you'll see where the story goes. However, this time the effects and the graphics are splendid. :)

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements