• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Official Thread What do you think of the new PSVitaForum?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Okay, I understand that some people don't like the new forum. So, here I am, making a thread where you can post your feedback.

As of yesterday, "Dark 2" has been removed. The light skin that used to be in the old site has been removed. Here is why. "m" as in mobile has been removed, and replaced by two things: Tapatalk, and the new default skin called "Apex." There's a light version, and I'm going to launch it soon for your viewing pleasure. :D

I chose Apex because I don't have any other option as a temporary skin. I can go out and find a skin that you are in love with. But you're going to have to tell me which one you want...

There are few top designers in the industry right now:

- PixelExit: Well known to create gaming skins. Some of their skins have other uses, but have been used on gaming. One example is Core, it has been used on TitanFall, COD, and other niche gaming sites.
- Audentio: Also well known to create some gaming skins.
- Artodia: Most of the skins by Arty has been exceptional, but most of them cater to other uses - however, some skins have been used by gaming sites. Like for example, the legendary "Black Responsive."

Most most skins out today are mobile responsive, so don't even worry about that. xenForo handles mobile sites just fine, now than before. Before, xenForo had to be modified to conform to mobile devices. Not anymore, that's why I removed that "m" skin.

Shoobs

It all looks spiffy and new. But Spam bots still have no trouble getting in and posting. And alot of my favourite forum members have either left or been banned....
Not sure on my opinion of this place yet.

JoeCool

Suck the weenie!
I'm still here BRO (babe).

I'm liking this theme but it's a bit too dark.
but I also don't want something that is too light ya know. Something subtle and soft like a delicious cheesecake...yummy!

As for spam bots, it's a process but I'm sure Carlos will put something in place! In the mean time I take care of spam as soon I get a chance ;)

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
It all looks spiffy and new. But Spam bots still have no trouble getting in and posting. And alot of my favourite forum members have either left or been banned....
Not sure on my opinion of this place yet.
We'll take care of the spam bots. It's nothing we can't handle, as a matter of fact... we've seen a decrease of spam than ever before. That's better than the old PSVitaForum IMHO. I'll add more spam protection soon. Right now, I'm trying to rest, and sleep.

As for the banned members, I'm sorry, but it had to be done. Some of them are perma banned, and some of them have a date of Dec. 31, 2015. Those with the Dec 31st date, must return with a calm attitude, and a better one. Because if those members come back and they misbehave... I'm not giving out the next chance.

I'm a nice guy, and I'll give a chance when they want it. If they don't want the chance? Fuck up, and I just might give that person the ban.

JoeCool

Suck the weenie!
Shoobs, think of it as their way of letting steam off outside the train station. They'll think about it when they return. ;)

TasheRAWR

I agree with Shoobs, everytime I come on and look through the new posts I have to filter through a bunch of spam. The mods are doing a good job when they are able to be online but considering some members have different time zones it can be a problem for those that live outside the US who are on before the mods are even awake and when the spam bots come alive ^^

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
I'm up, beating the spammers alive. Keep those reports coming, people.

There's a reason why I've moved old threads into "archive" and "completed suggestions." So, I don't have to find the spam.

The reason for the spam, is mostly because there's a noise in search engine that tells other spammers that the forum is easy to attack, and spam. In other words... "unprotected."

I've been doing the process that I've applied onto CODForums, here. So, when for every spammer I ban, I apply the IP discourage/ban. This gives the spammers no room to do their "job." Thing is, most of the spam is coming from a few countries: Pakistan, India, and the occasional other countries, like Canada.

Today, I only get a few CODForums spammers. Only a few. So, stay patient, and I'm going to suppress the spam as far as possible.

Lord Phelan

Hmmm....

are there any chances for more options of formating both text and media? It would be great to be able to change size of picture without the need of editing picture itself.

Also I think that static top bar would be better. Less animated stuff the faster and better site will work. And from times to times because of it I get too see things like this:

Ar4Cmhb.png

Anyway good job.

JoeCool

Suck the weenie!
The site's speed is fine for me, but that's because I have good internet at work lol.
But what's with that screenshot? its all distorted!

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Hmmm....

are there any chances for more options of formating both text and media? It would be great to be able to change size of picture without the need of editing picture itself.

Also I think that static top bar would be better. Less animated stuff the faster and better site will work. And from times to times because of it I get too see things like this:

Ar4Cmhb.png

Anyway good job.
Those "glitchy"/distorted looking bars on the side and at the top, you're not supposed to see those. Flush the cache on your system.

Some people are seeing the old site, and some people are seeing the new site.

Anyhow, I'll work on the font in the next few hours. It's 5am here in Cali.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Hey, I haven't slept for 2 days!

But, alas, I'm here busting my ass to fix the site.

Lord Phelan

Those "glitchy"/distorted looking bars on the side and at the top, you're not supposed to see those. Flush the cache on your system.

Some people are seeing the old site, and some people are seeing the new site.

Anyhow, I'll work on the font in the next few hours. It's 5am here in Cali.

Nah, I'm using internet both at work and at house in private mode. So cache is nice and clean every time I open browser.

If I had to guess... than probably it's the matter of plugins or something... current version of browser might not be ok with older OS.

Anyway... it's fine either way, I'm not too bothered by it. If it works for everyone else, than its ok.

Shoobs

@Carlos you are doing a good job, keep it up.
1st week you've had the forum and you've already made big changes, and obviously pulled some big hours to do it.
And @JoeCool I see you still here baby! It's all good, I'll hang around too. Gotta keep the Vita Forum to Beard ratio up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements