• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

What do you think about the villager update in Windows 10/Pocket Edition Minecraft?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Soulwatcher

I was completely bummed when I found out that you couldn't trade with villagers in the Windows 10/ Pocket Edition version. But they have since updated the game and now you can trade with the villagers. I have a village just on the outskirts of the town that I am building. I have traded with them a couple of times. But I plan on trading a lot more once I get settled in and I finish the town I am building! I use to be a huge MMORPG player and I love the idea of farming and making money to buy stuff. Villager trading is right up my alley! :)

Mariana

I am exactly like you. A big MMORPG fan and gamer, I've played many different games that fit that genre, including the World of Warcraft. The option of finally being able to interact with the villagers instead of them being A.I.'s that pointlessly walk around is sooo good. I wanted this update for a very long time. I remember when I encountered the villager for the first time and I found out that they aren't too useful... I was a bit disappointed. But now Mojang pushed forward the trading feature! Have you tried breeding the villagers yet? Also, you have to be careful when trading them because some of them try to rip you off, haha :D

I also like that you have different kinds of villagers/merchant; farmer, cleric, librarian, blacksmith, butcher, ... a great update!

Soulwatcher

I haven't got into the breeding thing yet. But I am building up in their village in hopes that they are going to occupy the farm and the new homes that I am going to be building. I think that I will try breeding them after I get it all built. :) I will be sure posting pictures of the new village after I finish making the rest of the buildings and I will let you know how the breeding goes. ;)

airfightermax

I was completely bummed when I found out that you couldn't trade with villagers in the Windows 10/ Pocket Edition version. But they have since updated the game and now you can trade with the villagers. I have a village just on the outskirts of the town that I am building. I have traded with them a couple of times. But I plan on trading a lot more once I get settled in and I finish the town I am building! I use to be a huge mmorpg player and I love the idea of farming and making money to buy stuff. Villager trading is right up my alley! :)

I remember the early days when we didn't even have villagers on Pocket Edition! It was 0.7.0 back then and the world was very limited. But now, we have villagers and we can even trade with them! It really is nice when I look back at the game and see how far it is now, kinda makes me nostalgic of the early days...

Soulwatcher

I remember the early days when we didn't even have villagers on Pocket Edition! It was 0.7.0 back then and the world was very limited. But now, we have villagers and we can even trade with them! It really is nice when I look back at the game and see how far it is now, kinda makes me nostalgic of the early days...
I think I started pocket edition at 0.8 and when 1.0 was released it destroyed my game save and I tried to fix it for 4 days and I looked up every single trick on google and nothing fixed it. I am so glad that the Bedrock version is here because it seems pretty problem free!

Tania997

I think I started pocket edition at 0.8 and when 1.0 was released it destroyed my game save and I tried to fix it for 4 days and I looked up every single trick on google and nothing fixed it. I am so glad that the Bedrock version is here because it seems pretty problem free!
I remember reading about problems like these, I decided to stay away from that version because only the thought of losing my save would make me shiver. I'm so glad we have a bug free version update with villagers now. Anyway, I look forward to seeing your village :)

Soulwatcher

I remember reading about problems like these, I decided to stay away from that version because only the thought of losing my save would make me shiver. I'm so glad we have a bug free version update with villagers now. Anyway, I look forward to seeing your village :)

The beta was a lot of fun times and I really don't regret playing the beta, and I only had the one problem but I was able to revert to an older save and save the world. I just had to use a week old save and just had a little rebuilding to do. At least like you said Minecraft is rock solid now and there shouldn't be anything to worry about now that it's out of beta.

Tania997

The beta was a lot of fun times and I really don't regret playing the beta, and I only had the one problem but I was able to revert to an older save and save the world. I just had to use a week old save and just had a little rebuilding to do. At least like you said Minecraft is rock solid now and there shouldn't be anything to worry about now that it's out of beta.
If you were able to fix it then it's all good, I remember reading about people losing their saves forever, with no hope of getting it back so I decided to stay away from it because that would drive me crazy. And yeah, they did a really good job in releasing a stable version, nowadays you almost never hear about these kind of things happening.

Soulwatcher

If you were able to fix it then it's all good, I remember reading about people losing their saves forever, with no hope of getting it back so I decided to stay away from it because that would drive me crazy. And yeah, they did a really good job in releasing a stable version, nowadays you almost never hear about these kind of things happening.
I agree I don't know of anyone that has had a corrupt world lately. But when it was in beta they were making major changes left and right. And whatever they did in .90 something broke my Realm on 1.0. But we're now at 1.29 and I never had a problem since.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements