• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Announcement We're moving - Teaser #1.

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Okay, I'm going to leave the story for a later time, but I've won an auction on a domain registrar today, and the domain is now in my hands. However, the rest of the content is something I have to work on getting. I still owe the person, but nonetheless, I am happy to announce that we're moving soon. DestroyRepeat.com is the new domain. DestroyRepeat was a TitanFall community, that I've been wanting to acquire for a long time.

The site covers FPS as a primary focus subject, but that has been expanded to include console gaming. That means that even though the focus point is FPS, there's a lot of diversity in it.

I love the name so much I am willing to spend a lot of money to get it.

The mainpage looks like this when you open up the site:
DestroyCarlos.png
When you log in, you can select a new style... My favorite is this one:
DestroyCarlos1.png

I am not going to point the site to DestroyRepeat until I've completed the actual purchase, and the merge between the two sites.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
So does this site have more traffic then the vita forums?
Not necessarily "more." It used to be really popular, but when I offered to buy the site, the fanbase started to "leave." We did not make a formal announcement about sale, yet, but like Chris did, the owner didn't want to add more traffic. I can fix this once everything is finished. PSVita Forum presently does more. So, I really am not worried about traffic to the site at the moment.

In fact, it worked to my favor than not. I'll talk about the story later. Right now, I just want to get this over with so I can move forward with my plan.

Lord Phelan

Destroy Repeat?

not really sure about that.

It reminds me... truth to be said pretty much nothing at all. It might be "cool" but it's not useful.

Right now we have "PSVitaforum" aye?

And what is going to be first site you will find in google after you type "Vita + forum"... simple aye? Of course there is also matter of positioning and stuff... but name is bloody important. And better for it to be self-explanatory one.

On the other hand... I don't really know what would anyone want from the site named DestroyRepeat. I mean maybe someone would get curious and open it after looking for "how to repeatedly destroy console" or something... or one of those fancy channels that disamble things.... but I'm going to say it honestly that I wouldn't visit it for the first time if I ever looked for something related to games. I would just ignore it and open something with either "consoles" or "games" in the name.

Because people like simple things.

I'm not really saying that we HAVE to stay with PSVitaForum... because with SONY cutting off support there is less and less to write about it. But name should have something to do with either consoles or gaming... or something...

Maybe DestroyRepeat fancy name for site that deals with 1 game.
But as a name for site that offers much more... don't really think that it would be good idea.

What is more... FPS fans are kinda... ya know...vague thing. I mean most of times people don't like FPS per se but X brand. Like... one likes COD but hates Battlefield....

Plus I don't really think that majority of current members group is even interested in FPS. So there is sadly risk of loosing ducklings.

On the other hand it should also have precise target group... "gamers" or "FPS" fans imho are too wide target group. You can already find bigger sites for that. So imho better would be going for either PS only or Console only.

But hey... it's opinion.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Right now we have "PSVitaforum" aye?

And what is going to be first site you will find in google after you type "Vita + forum"... simple aye? Of course there is also matter of positioning and stuff... but name is bloody important. And better for it to be self-explanatory one.
PSVitaForum expires in 2017, sooo... I have enough time to redirect the site to the new site. I will enable 301 redirect which means permanent redirection. Google will still be indexing the site, so therefore anyone using "PS Vita Forum" or any variation will be coming to the site from any one of the keywords. :)
On the other hand... I don't really know what would anyone want from the site named DestroyRepeat. I mean maybe someone would get curious and open it after looking for "how to repeatedly destroy console" or something... or one of those fancy channels that disamble things.... but I'm going to say it honestly that I wouldn't visit it for the first time if I ever looked for something related to games. I would just ignore it and open something with either "consoles" or "games" in the name.
We need a general purpose gaming site, and a cool one, at that. When I first saw the name, I instantly thought, "what a nice name, it has a ring to it, too!" The name, also expands outside of just FPS. Many games today are about destroying stuff. Like in GTA, I noticed that half the time, people want to find a bazooka, or a tank and blow things up. There are even cheats for this. With the name, I could even launch a blog, or a tournament event, or something else gaming related. I see a lot of uses for it.
Because people like simple things.

I'm not really saying that we HAVE to stay with PSVitaForum... because with SONY cutting off support there is less and less to write about it. But name should have something to do with either consoles or gaming... or something...
Well, most gaming domains have been used, or have been taken. I find myself moving away from "gaming" or "gamers" keywords. It's too saturated. We need a unique identity, and I believe that with DestroyRepeat, I've found it.

On top of that, the previous owner says he could easily help the site gain more followers, gain more gamers.
Maybe DestroyRepeat fancy name for site that deals with 1 game.
But as a name for site that offers much more... don't really think that it would be good idea.

What is more... FPS fans are kinda... ya know...vague thing. I mean most of times people don't like FPS per se but X brand. Like... one likes COD but hates Battlefield....
Well, that's why it's a general purpose FPS site. :) DestroyRepeat has a COD forum, it has a battlefield forum. And it so happens, I own a network of gaming sites. When a site isn't working, I merge it into a forum. I merged my smaller forum into this site for example.
Plus I don't really think that majority of current members group is even interested in FPS. So there is sadly risk of loosing ducklings.
It covers all subjects. Look at the site right now. If you can access it, you will see a dedicated FIFA forum, you will see a dedicated Battlefront forum, you will see a dedicated PSVita Forum, and a dedicated general gaming forum.
On the other hand it should also have precise target group... "gamers" or "FPS" fans imho are too wide target group. You can already find bigger sites for that. So imho better would be going for either PS only or Console only.
And I will buy those sites. Just not right now. ;)

3VOLVE

I <3 Innuendos.
Well the way I see it a name change wouldn't be too bad, reason being is that we've all seen Sony's garbage PSVITA support outside of Japan its just not going the way it should.
So a name change I guess wouldn't be bad HOWEVER if the site has a maintained focus such as shooting games, Xbox, or FPS I don't think its a good idea.

DuhWhitePanda

Gaming illumiNaughty
Not worried about the URL. The fact the forum has a lot of subforums dedicated to specific games, and very little members, is what worries me. It'll look dead without a huge userbase, especially when it comes to the longevity of certain games.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Well the way I see it a name change wouldn't be too bad, reason being is that we've all seen Sony's garbage PSVITA support outside of Japan its just not going the way it should.
Yup, yup. I love Sony, but the Vita support seems bad so far.
So a name change I guess wouldn't be bad HOWEVER if the site has a maintained focus such as shooting games, Xbox, or FPS I don't think its a good idea.
I want the FPS market... badly. 20 million people. I focused a lot of my work around multiplayer gaming, and FPS gaming. For fuk's sake I buy a lot of FPS sites.
Not worried about the URL. The fact the forum has a lot of subforums dedicated to specific games, and very little members, is what worries me. It'll look dead without a huge userbase, especially when it comes to the longevity of certain games.
Don't worry so much. FPS is here to stay, and will continue in the next 5 years.

EA plans another 5 Battlefield titles down the line. In fact, they went so far to register domains for 5 through 10, or something like that.

COD still has to finish BO3, Ghosts 2, 3, and the Advanced Warfare trilogy.

Battlefront is obviously going to be a franchise.

My point is, I'm not worried. I have other plans in the frying pan ATM. I want to capture an Xbox community, a PlayStation [4] community, and maybe a PC community. PSVitaForum has a few PS4 players thanks to the high ratio of hardware attach rate between PSVita & PS4.

DuhWhitePanda

Gaming illumiNaughty
Realistically though, how long can people talk about COD for example. How many topics can be created? You'd be better off calling the forum Gaming Battle Ground and getting fanboys from all camps to fight it out in text form via a debates sub forum, while having main forum used for news. and regular discussions for each platform.

Just my opinion, but I'm willing to see how this turns out.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Realistically though, how long can people talk about COD for example. How many topics can be created? You'd be better off calling the forum Gaming Battle Ground and getting fanboys from all camps to fight it out in text form via a debates sub forum, while having main forum used for news. and regular discussions for each platform.
Well, just to assure you, I have 2 main COD Forums. If COD "dies off" I can just merge them into DestroyRepeat and call it a day. It'll be fine. Trust me. I know the COD market is going to die off eventually. So, even if they "leave" the COD franchise behind, I still have their accounts, their posts, and whatnot. Some gamers jump from one franchise to the other. Example: Battlefield fans sometimes jump to COD, and vice versa - COD fans sometimes jump to Battlefield. TitanFall fans, for another example, jumped to COD again to see how it's doing. So, I know that it happens.

I've been a member of an extremely popular Nintendo forum, and it became a general purpose gaming forum because the owner did the same exact thing I am doing right now.

The pathway for him was this:

- Bought a general purpose name for a forum/blog. (The domain was originally a business blog, FYI.)
- Bought the Nintendo Forum.
- Bought a PlayStation Forum.
- Tried to buy an Xbox Forum and failed because of forum wars. Tried again by creating a homegrown Xbox site and failed.
- Bought a Rap site to compliment the "cool" atmosphere.

End result? 2 Million posts. Want more assurance? Go to this thread. They all said I was going to fail - Guess what? Black Ops 3 is the final name, and I am going to reap the rewards at E3, then during Gamescom, then at launch. :)
Just my opinion, but I'm willing to see how this turns out.
I want you to post more, so go ahead and tell me what you want. You want an Xbox community?

The_Legend77

Forgive me if I'm reading all this wrong, but I'm just not big on this. I can't stop you, nobody can, and it's your call. I'm not trying to fight or argue, but as a member I just want to give my honest opinion.

I love what you did for the vita forum, Carlos. I think it looks amazing and the tune up for the site is great. But a FPS site?

While there are other sub forums on here, my main focus when I come to this site is Vita. I honestly don't give a crap about FPS games at all. It seems that your focus for the move is mainly for the FPS?

We can agree Sony has dumped the Vita like a turd in the States, but there are those who want to visit a Vita forum, are looking for one...and will probably miss out on the new area cause of the name and the focus.

GameFAQs is crappy, but it hosts tons of forums for people to visit, and honestly has been around for many years and is well known. It has a Vita forum, that quite honestly, seems to get a lot more traffic and posts compared to this site. So why would some people, who want to mainly focus on Vita, transition to the new site, that again seems to be a FPS focus? I'm not saying people will or won't, but down the road people might decide to up and leave and go elsewhere.

I come to this forum, with far less traffic, because it had a purpose and fulfilled what I wanted...a dedicated Vita forum (with various sub forums). Sure, G-Faqs might have more traffic, more members, more posts...but I like this forum. I like THIS site. But if we move and transition to focus more so on FPS games...then it kills off, to me, what this forum stands for. That's not saying you won't have a Vita sub forum, cause it sounds like you will...but the site itself won't stand for Vita anymore...it will stand for FPS.

I know you feel you will do what's right for the site, and I hope your plans work out. Again I'm not trying to bad mouth you, start a fight or anything...I'm just giving my opinion on something I might be reading wrong. So if I am, I apologize. Maybe it's just me being up too early :p

3VOLVE

I <3 Innuendos.
I have to agree with @The_Legend77 , if the site turns into an FPS focused site which is a genre instead of an actual console/handheld based site which can contain any genre its not going to interest most of us.
While my Vita is dead in the minds of Sony, I still play it and support it very much, I still create Vita based wallpapers, I still buy Vita games, I still import Vita games, and I still ask my friends if they ever will grab a Vita.

For the site to make that dramatic of a change would definitely make a dramatic change within our members as well.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
I love what you did for the vita forum, Carlos. I think it looks amazing and the tune up for the site is great.
Thanks for the kind comments! Keep those comin'! :D
But a FPS site?
The previous owner calls it a gaming forum, I call it a FPS site because it looks like, and sounds like a FPS site. Either way, you're getting the best of both worlds.

Here's the Facebook description for DestroyRepeat:
Destroy Repeat is your No.1 Community for all things gaming on all platforms. Join us today and become a part of something awesome!
So, really. It's really broad.
While there are other sub forums on here, my main focus when I come to this site is Vita. I honestly don't give a crap about FPS games at all. It seems that your focus for the move is mainly for the FPS?
I don't have a preference, really. I wanted a place for multiplayer gaming. I almost bought a clan site, but they said no. Most clan sites don't want to sell their sites.
We can agree Sony has dumped the Vita like a turd in the States, but there are those who want to visit a Vita forum, are looking for one...and will probably miss out on the new area cause of the name and the focus.
That's why we're changing. I like the Vita, don't get me wrong, but I don't see anything I can do to save PSVita Forum...

New Redesign - Check.
Forum Upgrade - Check
Active Administrator - Check
Active Moderators - Check, but they have to step up their game

Really. What else should I do to make this site grow more? The keywords are working, even without applying keywords onto the site. That means, the one constant we have here is the old traffic. It boils down to you, now. @DuhWhitePanda wanted a general purpose gaming forum, we have it. Other people are moving from Vita to PC gaming, like @Abiel is - going back and forth between gaming on PC, or Vita. I want to give you guys more room to talk about whatever subject you want without being constrained to PSVita.

The one thing I notice about PSVitaForum, the activity only picks up when there's announcements for PSVita. Most gaming forums, especially FPS games... their activity picks up in the Winter, then in the Summer, then the Fall. Sometimes it picks up in the Spring, but what I am saying is:

Major releases are in November.
New releases are in December through February.
Major reveals are usually in the Spring.
Sometimes games release in the Summer, but rarely.
E3 is obviously in June, that's when the steam picks up everywhere in the industry.
January, March, April, May, July, August, September, October are the quiet months.
Call of Duty, Battlefield reveals are usually from March to May, Multiplayer reveals are usually between August and October depending on the game.
Gamescom is usually around August. BO3's multiplayer reveal is said to take place there, and into the launch of BO3.
GameFAQs is crappy, but it hosts tons of forums for people to visit, and honestly has been around for many years and is well known. It has a Vita forum, that quite honestly, seems to get a lot more traffic and posts compared to this site. So why would some people, who want to mainly focus on Vita, transition to the new site, that again seems to be a FPS focus? I'm not saying people will or won't, but down the road people might decide to up and leave and go elsewhere.
We've already had that. A lot of people left in Feb, remember? We're still here! :)
I come to this forum, with far less traffic, because it had a purpose and fulfilled what I wanted...a dedicated Vita forum (with various sub forums). Sure, G-Faqs might have more traffic, more members, more posts...but I like this forum. I like THIS site. But if we move and transition to focus more so on FPS games...then it kills off, to me, what this forum stands for. That's not saying you won't have a Vita sub forum, cause it sounds like you will...but the site itself won't stand for Vita anymore...it will stand for FPS.
Well, what would you have me do? Keep it as a PSVita Forum? 'cause it's not viable in the next 2, or 3 years, even if Sony creates a new PSVita model.
I know you feel you will do what's right for the site, and I hope your plans work out. Again I'm not trying to bad mouth you, start a fight or anything...I'm just giving my opinion on something I might be reading wrong. So if I am, I apologize. Maybe it's just me being up too early :p
I'm open to suggestions, so don't feel bad! :) So, bring on those suggestions, feedback, I mean... Hit me hard. Tell me what you want, and I will figure out the next move.
I have to agree with @The_Legend77 , if the site turns into an FPS focused site which is a genre instead of an actual console/handheld based site which can contain any genre its not going to interest most of us.
It's a console-based site. Go back and read what I just said.
While my Vita is dead in the minds of Sony, I still play it and support it very much, I still create Vita based wallpapers, I still buy Vita games, I still import Vita games, and I still ask my friends if they ever will grab a Vita.
Tell me what you want... It's the same question I am asking @The_Legend77
For the site to make that dramatic of a change would definitely make a dramatic change within our members as well.
They said that about the Nintendo forum, but when it changed into a general purpose gaming forum... Everything took off from there. Activity took a nosedive 2 years later, because of many factors, not because of the change. It was just life changing for a lot of people. However, the one thing they never had; a handheld community. I have it here.

Wyt Myk

You've done good here @Carlos. No doubt about that. My worries are the same as the others. When put in the ring with other platforms, the Vita gets left behind because of Sony's lack of commitment and a poor media image from the get go. The only thing keeping her alive is us, the Vita faithful (and 3rd party developers). This forum is like a support group for those who keep the Vita alive. I'm here because everything else I look at tells me the Vita is dead. I know that even without Sony the Vita is alive. They created a monster and only a few of us even know it. We need a place to remind us that individually we are not crazy. The Vita is indeed life.

3VOLVE

I <3 Innuendos.
Well I'll just blame Sony and call it a day.
As long as the new site doesn't necessarily have a genre focus I think we are good that or any console focus that would cause a dramatic change I'm fine.

JoeCool

Suck the weenie!
Well I'll just blame Sony and call it a day.
As long as the new site doesn't necessarily have a genre focus I think we are good that or any console focus that would cause a dramatic change I'm fine.
/thread lol.

I'm actually open to this transition, but of course the main focus of the site is of highly importance.

Although to be honest, the name is actually pretty catchy, only thing is that when I think about it, my mind pictures a science/experiment/DIY website that entices everyone to make something, destroy it, and make something else again.

That would be a nice blog idea lol...lets all put our geeky minds together and come up with awesome DIYs that involve electronics, science, and boobies...because science. lol

The_Legend77

Thanks @Carlos. You answered my questions and I'll just say that I will go along and see what the future holds. Unlike many haters when you bought this site, I stood by to see what you did and you have again done a great job. So I will make the transition and see what goes on from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements