• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita VITA ORIGINAL GAME CONCEPT GIVAWAY! - Win AC: Liberation console!

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Hydrographer

bannery.jpg

Hi Guys & Gals,
Competition time. I have noticed that many of you have some great ideas for how games could be improved, especially on how they could be tailored for the vita specifically.
This got me thinking. Wouldn't it be great if we had the recourses to make our own game?! A team of programmer geeks at our disposal to create our ultimate vita exclusive game that would be our legacy.
Well, we may not be able to MAKE that game, but we could certainly plan it.
So, that is the competition. To post details of our own game for the vita!

Anybody wishing to enter may make 1 post, no updates.
In that post they can detail whatever they want about their fantasy game. Such as......
· Plot
· Character back story
· Controls
· Multi Player and cross play options
· Music
· Concept art and graphical style
· Use of vita controls such as touch screens camera and gyro
· Game goods

Here be the rules, so listen up. :D
Like I said, 1 post per entry (comments from others and answers to questions is of course fine).
The closing date of the competition with be October 25, 2012. All posts need to be made by this time in order to give us a chance to sort the entries.
No moderators are eligible for entry. Sorry guys but I would like you to muck in and help choose the winner and runner up.

Prizes:
The prize for the best original vita game concept will be the Assassins Creed: Liberation Crystal white bundle.
The best runner up will receive a copy of the Assassins Creed: Liberation game.
That's it folks. Looking forward to seeing what amazing ideas you guys come up with over the next two and a half weeks. Good luck.

Lethal

Retired Moderator
First off, I want to let everyone know this member is doing this out of his own kindness.

The prizes are legit and I have the invoices for these purchases in my mail box.

Hydrographer is only allowing you to have one shot at this! So make sure you are completely ready before you post.

Good luck everyone!!!!!!

P.S. ONE POST!!!!!!!!! So I personally do not expect to see any posts for a day or 2. :)

Also, if it were me, I would be designing story boards as well. Anything that can make your idea look the best.

Hydrographer

hsould we pm you our entry? it can refrain from idea leaching....
Hi A410c, Yes if you want to do that thats fine, or you could even send a link to a site or page you have created elswhere if you are that ammbitious. After the enrties are all in by the 25th I could then speak to the mods about publicly posting any ideas that were sent privatly so everyone can comment and discuss(y)

Hydrographer

Just a quick update for all y'all planning to enter. i had a very valid message from a forum member asking if the game had to be a FANTASY game.
I probably didnt word the post too well (if i was not typing this would be in "crayon fist" and my tongue would be sticking out)
Anyway when i used the phrase "fantasy game" I only meant as in your fantasy, your dream game. It can be any genre you want...or even make a new one thats never been done before if you can!

Lethal

Retired Moderator
Once again, I just want to say how awesome it is that you are even doing this for the members. $300+ out of your own pocket!!!!!!

Just in case you guys did not read it, but Hydrographer already paid for these prizes and the invoices from Amazon are in my mailbox. So the prizes are very real.

Ace

Hi A410c. Im not sure what "M" rated is (is that like 18 rated in the UK?), but its your game, you can do anything you want...so long as the vita is capable of it!

by M, I meant mature, 18+, etc.

Ok then, just didn't want to make a huge thing and it not being able to be used.

Hydrographer

by M, I meant mature, 18+, etc.

Ok then, just didn't want to make a huge thing and it not being able to be used.
Good, luck, looking forward to seeing your concept.
Once again, I just want to say how awesome it is that you are even doing this for the members. $300+ out of your own pocket!!!!!!

Just in case you guys did not read it, but Hydrographer already paid for these prizes and the invoices from Amazon are in my mailbox. So the prizes are very real.
Thank you Lethal, it is my pleasure. Gives me something interesting and cool to read so worth every penny to me! Next time hopefully i will do something solo so that mods wont need to be excluded. The moderators assisting with this one, your help and approval is much appreciated. Thanks

Elli27

shouldn't you have a minimum number of post requirement, so that somebody doesn't make a lot of account just so he/she could have multiple entries like Lethal_NFS's giveaway?

Hydrographer

shouldn't you have a minimum number of post requirement, so that somebody doesn't make a lot of account just so he/she could have multiple entries like Lethal_NFS's giveaway?

Hi Elli, yes the comp rules are one entry post per person, no edits on that post, so make sure its how you want it before posting. Also if you want to PM me your entry or send me a link to keep your diabolical scheme a secret then thats fine too. i will then just publicise all the entries after the 25th cut off date for people to review and discuss. On the 30th we will announce the winners and Lethal will get the prizes sent out with all due haste, Im sure :)

Ah i think i misunderstood your post Elli, you were saying that some cheeky c*nts were making more than one account to try and increase their chances. Well to be honest if someone is going to submit many ideas than this will be shown in the quality of their work i think. Somebody spending a lot of time on one idea and really putting effort into a single concept is going to have a far greater chance of winning than some goon who just jots down a dozen half arsed ideas on the back of a fag packet and submits them(y)

Elli27

Hi Elli, yes the comp rules are one entry post per person, no edits on that post, so make sure its how you want it before posting. Also if you want to PM me your entry or send me a link to keep your diabolical scheme a secret then thats fine too. i will then just publicise all the entries after the 25th cut off date for people to review and discuss. On the 30th we will announce the winners and Lethal will get the prizes sent out with all due haste, Im sure :)

Ah i think i misunderstood your post Elli, you were saying that some cheeky c*nts were making more than one account to try and increase their chances. Well to be honest if someone is going to submit many ideas than this will be shown in the quality of their work i think. Somebody spending a lot of time on one idea and really putting effort into a single concept is going to have a far greater chance of winning than some goon who just jots down a dozen half arsed ideas on the back of a fag packet and submits them(y)

still I think it would be better to give that requirement, winning $300 worth of goods is enough for somebody to do something you know, like he can get his friends to join and what not.. anyway just a suggestion, if you don't mind that then go on

Hydrographer

still I think it would be better to give that requirement, winning $300 worth of goods is enough for somebody to do something you know, like he can get his friends to join and what not.. anyway just a suggestion, if you don't mind that then go on
I will try to judge relitivly mate, and will be discussing with mods before making a decision on winners. I myself have less than 200 posts and would be pretty down if I was excluded from a competition just because i was more of a reader than a talker

Ace

I will try to judge relitivly mate, and will be discussing with mods before making a decision on winners. I myself have less than 200 posts and would be pretty down if I was excluded from a competition just because i was more of a reader than a talker

I think you should just check for ips, or more so the moderators. You have a tremendous point but I think people shouldn't cheat the system. As there are people really trying and having fun with this that aren't cheating. i doubt anyone here would do that but there are people who would sign up and do that.

Hydrographer

I think you should just check for ips, or more so the moderators. You have a tremendous point but I think people shouldn't cheat the system. As there are people really trying and having fun with this that aren't cheating. i doubt anyone here would do that but there are people who would sign up and do that.

I dont know what ips is. But if its something that can be checked to stop people just creating an account to snag a prize then maybe the mods can sort that out if they are reading? Unless ips is something delicious that can be eaten, in which case i will deal with it myself :)

Ace

I dont know what ips is. But if its something that can be checked to stop people just creating an account to snag a prize then maybe the mods can sort that out if they are reading? Unless ips is something delicious that can be eaten, in which case i will deal with it myself :)

IP, short for IP Adress is kinda like an adress for your computer or internet more so, so you can tell wether another person is using another account by their IP adresses they use. You can't check but the mods can take care of that.

Hydrographer

IP, short for IP Adress is kinda like an adress for your computer or internet more so, so you can tell wether another person is using another account by their IP adresses they use. You can't check but the mods can take care of that.
Ah ok im with you. Yes i will be running the enties up for serious consideration past the mods to make sure that they are legit and not just some chancer trying tyo win some ebay foder so they can buy crack....or quiche

Lethal

Retired Moderator
The staff will certainly help Hydrographer determine the winner. We will not allow any cheaters to win.

Maybe we will not allow any by members that joined after the date this contest started. That is probably the only real way to keep this fair.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements