• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Two suggestions :cool:

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake_Imported_7

Hello, seems like I'm full of suggestions today! :)

Ok so one is just a simple one which i have already talked with nick about (just to bump him)

Suggestions:
  • Server/site maintenance time!
  • Site forms for multiple use!

Server/site maintenance time:
Just wait its called really, would be good for members to know when site may go down for a while.

Site forms for multiple use:
Now a long time ago GH already had a forms plug-in installed, due to the site being quite slow we could not have on the current version of GH.
Now that the server is running fast I think it's time to add it back as it was a very useful think! :)
Forms can include referring a member for staff or well, just about anything. :cool:

Thanks for reading!

Connor_Imported_7

I'm not sure about the people referring other peers for staff, I think that'd end up like friends voting for friends and form4form or something :S

Jake_Imported_7

I'm not sure about the people referring other peers for staff, I think that'd end up like friends voting for friends and form4form or something :S

True but that was just an example.
Forms can be used for many kinds of things :cool:
(I think there is a option for 1 form each user)

N

Nick

Server/site maintenance time:
Just wait its called really, would be good for members to know when site may go down for a while.

We dont go down for server maintenance.
When the site backs up, it backs up without going down :D
So our uptime should be 100%.
Also anything gH has gone down for scheduled maintenance I made a thread about it :D

Juzzy

I think both ideas are great. The forms would let the administration team to see who has experience and what-not, and decide who will do a good job.

Vizuh

I think the only time the site goes down is when Nick does his daily SQL backups. Maybe he could set a Cron Job to do it and then post a thread with the time it will go down for every day? :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements