• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Xbox Live Titanfall 5v5 Hardpoint Domination Tournament

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in

aNi

This thread is for the discussion of the Hardpoint Domination 6v6 Tournament

Tournament to be held on :UNCONFIRMED DATE .

This tournament is for: Xbox One (Details for CTF PC Tournament to follow soon)

Specific details and sign-up thread can be found at: COMING 13/04/2014

WaRSPiRiTUK

Why hardpoint domination? :( Yay let's all camp in a corner and win! The second most boring gamemode after Attrition.

You should focus all your efforts on making Capture the Flag the competitive eSport gamemode for Titanfall. The game is all about mobility and movement after all.

HailVectron

Father, Welshman, Cmdr
I'm not an FPS guy, but it seems to me that camping in TF is only possible when the team getting camped on, doesn't communicate. The camera shot after being sniped gives you the location of the guy. Then you just say "camper at x", and they should be sorted pretty sharpish. When nobody talks to each other though, that's impossible, and the camper can just stay there, unless you make a point of getting to him. The trouble with CTF as I understand (only having played the mode once), is that the flag carrier can mount a titan, and get to the other side of the map pretty quickly. HP is all about team strategy and cooperation.

mendes2878

i think we should introduce series, first hardpoint dom , then CTF and then last titan standing as a tiebreaker?

Evo

Honestly, Hardpoint is by the very definition of the gamemode a camp fest though.
In my opinion, CTF is far.. FAR more eventful and it requires at least if not far more teamwork than Hardpoint does.

CTF in this game is actually the coolest CTF I've ever played. Because of all the wall running, bunny hopping and massive titan knuckle cracking it's insanely intensive when played with 2 good teams on either side.

GunnerDee

Victoria Concordia Crescit
It's common knowledge CTF is the big competitive gametype but for people complaining Hardpoint is just a camp fest you will be in for a shock when you play big teams! Hardpoint is about pushing the other team to the limit, Catching them off spawn and trying to 3 cap any decent team of players will always push for a 3 cap and not camp it up.

If somebody camps up a flag to defend it that allows you to push the other 2 flags and be 1 man up against the defending team before we criticize it we should just give it a go but i understand full well how good and competitive CTF is as a game mode.

aNi

Why hardpoint domination? :( Yay let's all camp in a corner and win! The second most boring gamemode after Attrition.

You should focus all your efforts on making Capture the Flag the competitive eSport gamemode for Titanfall. The game is all about mobility and movement after all.
So what by your definition is this game mode that is totally immune from camping, because I am yet to play it on any game? We went with Domination as a starter tournament, to give people of all levels a chance to get into the tournament and have fun.

If you suggest CTF I will literally laugh my head off. The very objective of that game is Attack and Camp. Any objective mode game type has camping, simply because people want to win. There's really not much that can be done about it. We also do not know how customizable the options for CTF are yet. With no Spawn delay and touch return it is the definition of camping.

With the right rule set, CTF is awesome and is Competitive, but right now we don't know the details. That doesn't mean CTF tournaments won't happen in the future.

As for Hardpoint - if people camp, they get screwed. You spawn trap them to one flag and they are stuck. We've done it so many times, it's ridiculous. Control the map and you'll win. Controlling the map takes team work and slaying skills.

I'm surprised people are even moaning - it's not like there's a shed load of upcoming tournaments to date - we're just kicking things offf!

Honestly, Hardpoint is by the very definition of the gamemode a camp fest though.
In my opinion, CTF is far.. FAR more eventful and it requires at least if not far more teamwork than Hardpoint does.

CTF in this game is actually the coolest CTF I've ever played. Because of all the wall running, bunny hopping and massive titan knuckle cracking it's insanely intensive when played with 2 good teams on either side.
I agree with you, with some tweaks the CTF game type is the best. But to start things off, we're going with Domination. There will be other events in the future, for sure.

As it is right now, the CTF rules lack some balance however and the rules need to be tweaked a little. We can act on that once we have the information and private lobbies to do so. Right now, we cannot.

Last edited by a moderator:

DirtyArabian69

So how will this Tournament work? Because enough of this camping argument because you can camp on every Gamemode so it doesn't matter

Sony Xperia Ultra

macisaguy

Cannon Fodder
First off, thanks @TFG aNi and the TFG team. THIS IS AWESOME and I"M PUMPED!

Secondly...it makes me sad that the first response of some people is to complain (or disagree), rather than appreciate the fact that someone is organizing SOMETHING for players AT ALL, and something that sound like fun.

Thirdly....can we just agree that there's a difference between camping and defending? Defending a flag is PART OF THE GAME. Defense is a part of strategic game modes, where you protect what you've captured. Camping is something else entirely. Camping is where you hide in a little spot, not really contributing to anything but your own kill count, and you simply wait for people to pass by, not knowing where you are, and then you kill them, with minimal-to-no effort.

Hardpoint is a game mode that encourages flow...it encourages people to move around the map, as you can't simply defend a single flag and win. You have to move...you have to take ground.

Again...I for one am super excited about this, and am looking forward to winning....I mean playing.

aNi

So how will this Tournament work? Because enough of this camping argument because you can camp on every Gamemode so it doesn't matter

Sony Xperia Ultra
Details coming soon bud. I'm writing them up at the moment along with getting as much info I can from Respawn on customization ;)

KeiSon

People complaining bout campers, it happens in every game mode. Who here gets no better satisfaction then getting revenge on em :D Hardpoint is probably the most common game mode people play that requires teamwork.

No one is putting a gun to your head to enter the tournament and I'm sure this won't be the only tournament being run just the 1st of many if all goes well.

Thanks @TFG aNi for setting the wheels in motion for the fun

XXXBoXOne

Titan De-Commission Technician
Great to have a tournament, regardless of the mode chosen. Something had to be first and I think that HP is the best introduction to team.
Plenty of time for more tournaments and modes later. Let's concentrate on having fun with this one.

xBassDropYETIx

World's Friendliest Yeti
I play HP like a crazy person. This is where I throw my cares for K/D right out of the window and go get me some captures. If we have teams of people who want to win rather than rack up kills then it will be a successful tournament. And seeing as people who will be in the tournament will be able to brag all over the forums if they win, everybody is going to be going after the HP. It should be fun!

foger

While I would prefer ctf I'm glad to see any type of organized competition. it's a start and the first advertised tournament for Titanfall that I have seen so mad props

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DirtyArabian69

I think this will be a very good thing for Titanfall. Even though it is only this Forum it's quite good because it will put 'teams' to the test

Sony Xperia Ultra

Evo

As it is right now, the CTF rules lack some balance however and the rules need to be tweaked a little. We can act on that once we have the information and private lobbies to do so. Right now, we cannot.
Now you got me curious, what kind of problems do you see with CTF?

I honestly don't see much of a way how camping is effective with it, except if you C4 defend your own flag I guess..
But then again, the attacker just has to strategize and outthink the camper.

Shouldn't be too hard to do once you know he's out there somewhere.

aNi

Now you got me curious, what kind of problems do you see with CTF?

I honestly don't see much of a way how camping is effective with it, except if you C4 defend your own flag I guess..
But then again, the attacker just has to strategize and outthink the camper.

Shouldn't be too hard to do once you know he's out there somewhere.
There really needs to be a respawn delay, even if it's 2 - 3 seconds. Certain maps you kill someone and they respawn looking at you.

macisaguy

Cannon Fodder
I wonder about Burn Cards in something like this. I mean, they'd have to be ruled out, right? Otherwise an entire team could start with an Instant Titan Burn Card, and immediately drop 6 Titans into the match right from the start....which doesn't seem like the most fun/balanced way to play.

Thoughts?

GunnerDee

Victoria Concordia Crescit
I wonder about Burn Cards in something like this. I mean, they'd have to be ruled out, right? Otherwise an entire team could start with an Instant Titan Burn Card, and immediately drop 6 Titans into the match right from the start....which doesn't seem like the most fun/balanced way to play.

Thoughts?
That would be out of our hands until we see what options we have when Respawn release the private lobbies. I am pretty sure there will be an option to disable them which i think would be the right thing to do unless they ever added a BC restriction ability in the options at a later date.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements