• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita Speculation that "Phantom pains" is a new exclusive metal gear vita game. (Not a Vita title)

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle L

I'm going with No. This is definitely MGS 5 and it won't be on the Vita. Either way more Metal Gear is always good.

larryhova

I'm leaning towards yes solely Becase on moby dick's website the screen shots are in vitas native resolution
Also thi game ha been debunked to being a part of ground zeroes

jimmy_123

i don't want my hopes crushed so until i don't see any concrete evidence that its coming to vita i'm not keeping my eye on this

hkgamer

I'm leaning towards yes solely Becase on moby dick's website the screen shots are in vitas native resolution
Also thi game ha been debunked to being a part of ground zeroes

only problem with that theory is that vita can no way prosuce anything close to those visuals.
im just hoping that ground zeroes will be released next year. its been way too long since mgs4.

akhi216

I ain't sign up for that
only problem with that theory is that vita can no way prosuce anything close to those visuals.
Virtua Tennis 4 World Tour Edition aka Power Smash 4 for Vita says hi:

virtua-tennis-4-world-tour-edition-playstation-vita-1316157240-027.jpg

Gorvi

Maybe Vita as well? On the website it's listed as a PS3/360 game. If it were on all three I'd buy it on Vita.

larryhova

im just hoping that ground zeroes will be released next year. its been way too long since mgs4.
Maybe Kojima unlocked vitas full potential

Tygamr

Banned
I'm not quite sure what it is. I doubt it is MGS 5, because it would be weird to announce it when we have hardly seen anything of the prologue game 'Ground Zeroes'. I also have a hard time believing that they would release two MGS games in parallel development prior to MGS 5. It could be the same game as Ground Zeroes, but that also wouldn't make sense, because why try to hide it's identity as a MGS game? There are definite links between the two though.

In defense of it possibly being a Vita game, it doesn't look nearly as incredible as the Ground Zeroes trailer, and they have gotten Fox Engine running quite well on the Vita before. Though I don't think that it is indicative of much. I'm remaining doubtful for now, but on pretty much every front, as this game is almost a complete mystery other than the fact that it is clearly a MGS game.

hkgamer

I'm not quite sure what it is. I doubt it is MGS 5, because it would be weird to announce it when we have hardly seen anything of the prologue game 'Ground Zeroes'. I also have a hard time believing that they would release two MGS games in parallel development prior to MGS 5. It could be the same game as Ground Zeroes, but that also wouldn't make sense, because why try to hide it's identity as a MGS game? There are definite links between the two though.

In defense of it possibly being a Vita game, it doesn't look nearly as incredible as the Ground Zeroes trailer, and they have gotten Fox Engine running quite well on the Vita before. Though I don't think that it is indicative of much. I'm remaining doubtful for now, but on pretty much every front, as this game is almost a complete mystery other than the fact that it is clearly a MGS game.

Pretty much agree with everything you said. It surely is strange, but thats just Kojima messing with us I guess.

This trailer definitely does not look as good as the ground zeroes trailer, I think there could be two reasons for this:
1. Limitations of the fox engine. GZ trailer was dark and had rain to cover whilst this trailer was alot brighter.
2. This is actually running on a PS3/360. GZ trailer was said to be running on a PC with similar specs.

The 2nd is the most likely option for me. People were doubting that GZ would look that amazing on the PS3/360, so Phantom pain which is graphically slightly inferior to GZ could actually be running on the consoles. Vita version could be planned but I really doubt the Vita can produce cutscenes anywhere close to what we see in this trailer.

Yanikun

If you look at the screenshots at their intended resolution, it does look Vita-ey. Obviously it would be the best-looking game on the system, but it doesn't look impressive enough for PS3/360/Wii U and the screenshots don't look like iOS.

larryhova

If you look at the screenshots at their intended resolution, it does look Vita-ey. Obviously it would be the best-looking game on the system, but it doesn't look impressive enough for PS3/360/Wii U and the screenshots don't look like iOS.
As I said maybe the vitas potential has been unlocked

Yanikun

Click on these screenshots to see them at their intended resolution:

vga_03.jpg

vga_04.jpg

There are some defects in them that I've seen on the Vita. Might be a Vita/PS3/360 multiplat with the Vita as the lead SKU?

slimingcheese

At the end of the trailer there's a hidden title. observe it and it says Metal Gear solid 5. Do not make any conclusion yet that this will not come to vita or it will come to vita. Let us wait until further notice. Please don't make your lives complicated and stressful.. relax..:)

John Kreese

At the end of the trailer there's a hidden title. observe it and it says Metal Gear solid 5. Do not make any conclusion yet that this will not come to vita or it will come to vita. Let us wait until further notice. Please don't make your lives complicated and stressful.. relax..:)
It actually says "Metal Gear Solid V." Obviously V in Roman is 5, but none of the other MGS titles use Roman numerals. Some are speculating the V stands for Vita. We could hope.

Ace

I think you guys are thinking too hard. It is just metal gear solid 5. It looks cool, wouldn't mind a vita release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements