• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Sniper Help

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Soooo, I just got the game and I'm loving it so far. As of now, my favorite class is the Tech and I do fairly well playing as one, however I want to play as a sniper too!

I gave it a try, heck I gave it multiple tries! I just cannot seem to hit ANYTHING with the sniper rifle... Players are moving so ast and so unpredictably that I just cannot hit.

I've perused the forums and quite a few of you seem to actually kill tons of people while sniping... As of now, I've not seen a single sniper hit anyone in the games I've played in (about 20).

So what's the deal? Is there a magic button?
<

Thanks for any help,

Quiiliitiila

Aaltair

by the time you reach our lvls you will see much better snipers, snipers who have been playing since the beginning.

ingsoc

If only I could exchange level with you.

Grab phase and practice.Get falcon for easy kills.(though I see much more sentinels with nova maybe they have enough of being called a class for scrubs which can't hit with projectile
<
or realized that nova can kill heavy target even 4 times faster than falcon)

Trysaeder

1. Put crosshair on target

2. Click

3. Repeat

Simple. You can tell when you're getting better by the fact that you finish first on the scoreboard in kills. You're even better when you have more assists than kills (which means you're hitting the capper on the way in, or taking successful potshots to assist your defence in duels).

yunohaxor

1. Put crosshair on target

2. Click

3. Repeat

Simple.
It's really not that simple, the only people that sit around like that would be the HoF or even LoF, maybe another sentinel as well. Most players on the map are going at speeds upwards from 100 km/h so as a sentinel you will need to learn how to lead so you could land shots on those fast players. If you know how to lead well then you have the makings of success for being a sentinel.

ingsoc

Mortar:50% inheritance,slow projectile speed,projectile travels in arc,detonation delay if didn't travel long enough - generally considered as

spam and no skill weapon

Sniper rifle:point and shoot - peak of skill
<

PapiJumpable

You know what I mean, more like following then.

I think he knew what you meant (is it ment? Or is that just short for mental...)

<

Waste all your XP on it, get a gaming mouse and a good sensitivity. Make sure you don't have lag (lower settings if you need to). And ping is your worst enemy.

And practise. Start aiming at slow targets dueling, from the proper distance. (On a hill.) or by the flag if using phase + rage perk.

Thank you everone! I'll practice, but I may end up sticking to my tech... I'm really quite good as one and I want to get better, only way to do that is through practice and it'd be best if I was not focused on 2 classes at once.

-Quiiliitiila

Avalon81

Thank you everone! I'll practice, but I may end up sticking to my tech... I'm really quite good as one and I want to get better, only way to do that is through practice and it'd be best if I was not focused on 2 classes at once.

-Quiiliitiila

You need at least 2 classes, otherwise u are no real help when u join a game and there are already enough or to many tech. And if u want to play a pug (better organised 7vs7 to 9vs9 game with everyone playing a particular role) there is no real need for a tech (or a Brute for that matter).

You need at least 2 classes, otherwise u are no real help when u join a game and there are already enough or to many tech. And if u want to play a pug (better organised 7vs7 to 9vs9 game with everyone playing a particular role) there is no real need for a tech (or a Brute for that matter).

I see where you're coming from on this, but I disagree. I know when I'm not needed in the Gen room or at the flag stand, so as a good tech, I work on shoring up defenses elsewhere around the base or midfield.

More often than not (against a strong opposing team) I've seen that our base assets (save the gen) are neglected by other techs who are to busy trying to keep the flag and gen safe. Even me if I'm stuck defending the gen too! So if you know what you're doing as a tech, the more the merrier in a match. A team with 4-5 good techs will and should have an almost un-penetrable base and flag stand.

-Quiiliitiila

snekadid

^ except dont lead really, the sniper rifles are hitscan

exactly what i was thinking, i think yuno is trying to sabotage future snipers so he doesn't get railed so hard with the next gen.

and fuck you avalon! everyone needs more brutes! We're the sexy beefcakes of tribes.

yunohaxor

exactly what i was thinking, i think yuno is trying to sabotage future snipers so he doesn't get railed so hard with the next gen.

and fuck you avalon! everyone needs more brutes! We're the sexy beefcakes of tribes.

Yes, Brutes are master race. Need to capture a flag? Brute can. Need to destroy defenses? Brute can do the job perfecty. Need to go 250 km/h? Brute cannot. We need a buff for Brutes for more speed. Pls Hi-Rez, fix this class.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk 2

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements