• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Shrikes too cheap?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Orlandeau

Anybody think that shrikes are too inexpensive? It seems that whenever I kill a flier he just buys another, and another, and another. I'm fine with them existing, but when you have two guys running them the whole game stopping caps by themselves, it becomes repetitive.

I'd like them to be 1.5x to 2x more expensive. It just gets me when the leading points guy had 30 kills, 28 of them while in the shrike, while going through 4 shrikes.

Anybody agree/think they're fine?

Orlandeau

Even William Faulkner would like that stream of consciousness. I had forgotten about wheel deal. I suppose that's more of the issue. And these forums are just so aesthetic and not a hive of scum and villainy...well, that's up for debate. I'm glad you like it though. Ok now, bye bye then.

yunohaxor

Ender_lance said:
... the reason they have cheap shrikes is because they bought wheel deal i like wheel deal go away and this isnt the real forumsi beleive that covers it all goodbye kind sir.
Damn it Ender, you scared him away with your vocabulary/spelling.

Runo

Shrikes annoy the crap out of me not because they're difficult to deal with, but because they're so simple to get a hold of. Kill a guy or two and wreck a base asset or a few and suddenly you're swarming in enough credits to fire up a Shrike. And even if you get killed off early, you've still probably got enough credits to call in another. I've actually gotten to the point where I have a third DMB slot unlocked with the Saber Launcher just to nail shrikes out of the air. Even if I'm not on a DMB at the time, they still piss me off so bad that I find myself switching to that loadout for the sole purpose of cooking them birds.

...ranting aside: I agree with your idea, is what I'm getting at. <.< I wouldn't complain if shrike costs were increased.

It's an entirely different note but still relevant to the topic I hope, but: What I'd REALLY like to see is some kind of call-in option for the 6-key that costs a little more than actually calling in a Shrike at the vehicle pad, but acts as an anti-air weapon only against shrikes. Maybe an orbital cannon that locks onto and tries to take out a shrike or something. The biggest issue with this would be that it'd make the Saber Launcher even more obselete. lol.

ingsoc

Actually shrikes are difficult to bring down since automatics (what an irony AA weapon) deal even less dmg against them than against players and while explosives deal massive dmg the only time you would have a chance to hit them is when they're charging directly at you which before patch often ended in half hp shrike and you dead.Bah even if you destroyed it most people use pilot perk which means that a healthy technician just jumped out of destroyed vehicle (that's stupid in Tribes 2 at least you was damaged after destruction) and SMG-ed you before you could even reload spin assuming that you were damaged which is most often the case.And saber launcher I'm pretty sure it still can outrun it.Thanks Hi-Rez now we have safefall.

So 2 things that Hi-Rez should do:

-leave shrike cost as it is but reduce the cost reduction by wheel deal

-change pilot that after ejecting out of destroyed vehicle you have at least less than 50% hp

gnome

Just use safefall now and they'll just end up pushing you further along to your flag base when they try to ram you..

Atlas48

They can be a nuissance but I don't think it has reached that point yet on most pubs. There are the occasional matches where you have a few skilled players which I enjoy shooting them with disc while they chase me, the "shrike down" badge is a nice 500xp grab.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements