• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Should I buy Titanfall?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Jamie

Founder of FPSForum
Contributor
I have an Xbox One - would you recommend I buy Titanfall or not?

Bradley

I wouldn't recommend it if I'm being honest. I was able to try it out at a friend's and it's nothing special. In my opinion, it plays and has the feel of Call of Duty with a few major feature additions. Running up walls and jetpacks sound cooler than they actually are since they're not used as much as people would think. I do really like the titans, but feel they're destroyed way too fast by anti-titan weapons.

Jamie

Founder of FPSForum
Contributor
I wouldn't recommend it if I'm being honest. I was able to try it out at a friend's and it's nothing special. In my opinion, it plays and has the feel of Call of Duty with a few major feature additions. Running up walls and jetpacks sound cooler than they actually are since they're not used as much as people would think. I do really like the titans, but feel they're destroyed way too fast by anti-titan weapons.
I felt this when I watched jackfrag's gameplay video of it.

I played the demo and thought it was quite cool, but felt like I'd get bored of it quickly as it didn't have much depth to it.

Bradley

I felt this when I watched jackfrag's gameplay video of it.

I played the demo and thought it was quite cool, but felt like I'd get bored of it quickly as it didn't have much depth to it.
Tell me about it. After 1 hour of playing, I basically said that I had enough of it. It gets boring just blowing up titans and killing like Call of Duty. I'm not just slating the game because it's an Xbox One exclusive, I just feel it's nothing new and lacks any unique features apart from jetpacks, wall scaling and titans, but as said, these get boring quick and aren't used much.

Jordan_FPSForum

Contributor
Well, if you had played the demo and had no fun playing it then don't get it xD
Everyone has their own opinions of it.
Running up walls and jetpacks sound cooler than they actually are since they're not used as much as people would think.
A lot of players think that the invisibility and burn cards are a must in Titanfall and it is what makes the player. However, Invisibility is only good against titans as you can be seen pretty clearly by other players even from across the map. Not to mention as soon as you shoot one bullet it turns off. The burn cards only last until you die, and every other player has them as well so its not much of an advantage. Honestly, to become a good decent player in Titanfall, you cant be like you are in CoD. You can't just hide behind things and shoot or camp, or just jump or double jump when other players are shooting. In fact, if you are playing Titanfall the way you would play CoD, you are basically a sitting duck for those more experience Titanfall players.
You HAVE to utilize that parkour in Titanfall, and yes it is used a lot. If you yourself don't use it as often as you should then that is up to you but there is a huge advantage point when you do. It is awesome to have an epic battle between to experienced Titanfall players who are utilizing the parkour and trying to kill one another. Unless one of your team mates come around and helps you out and scopes them, it can be pretty difficult to get the other player (or them get you) when your both utilizing this feature in the game. Not to mention it makes the game that much more fun ;)

I do really like the titans, but feel they're destroyed way too fast by anti-titan weapons.
It would also depend on what level you are. I can understand when your a lower level with no shields or nothing to help dodge the bullets or misiles, then ya it can be difficult and you a die pretty fast. However, I find anti-titan weapons don't do much damage unless your just standing there waiting to get hit. Your main concern are other titans ;) You can also last an entire match with your titan if played eloquently. Though, it also depends on the match, your opponents, your play style, and if your being gang raped by 3+ titans or not xD

Everyone has their own taste in First Person Shooters. If it be Battlefield (Which I personally like over CoD) or CoD, or now even Titanfall.
I do like Titanfall, and I would personally recommend players to try the demo before purchasing. However, I did like it and would not mind more players to play with!

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements