• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

SEGA vs. Nintendo

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

mett1982

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]While growing up I was always a SEGA kid. I had the original SEGA console, SEGA Genesis and even the SEGA CD. I even had the SEGA channel which was provided through Time Warner Cable and gave you 30 or so SEGA games every month. I never really liked the Mario games and never got into playing Nintendo. Even to this day I love Sonic far more than Mario. I thought SEGA had better games than Nintendo.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So what kind of kid were you? Were you a SEGA or Nintendo kid?[/font]

SLTE

Nintendo. Once our Atari went kaput my brother decided on the NES, and that was pretty much that for me. I became hardcore anti-SEGA for a loooooong time, and not for any reason beyond liking Nintendo. It wasn't until I actually played a SEGA game - Sonic, naturally - that my decision started to waver a little. Never did wind up owning a SEGA system when I was a kid, though.

ACSAPA

Though I got into it late in life, I'd say I'm a SEGA fan. I just love SEGA games more than Nintendo. I play more Sonic than Mario, and other SEGA franchises like Crazy Taxi, Space Channel 5, Shenmue, Virtua Fighter, and more. Granted, Legend of Zelda and Metroid are good games too. The only Mario game I like is Super Mario Galaxy, but it doesn't quite play like a normal Mario game.

rainhero

I loved both. My mother always kept us with the latest gaming consoles because she was awesome like that, so we had both. We had a Sega Saturn, a Sega Genesis, and later the Sega Dreamcast where we played Dead Or Alive 2 to death, lol. The majority of the games we played on Sega's were Sonic, and I wanted Shenmue so bad because it sounded interesting, but never got to get that game. I don't remember which Sega console he was on though.

We also had the NES, the SNES, the Nintendo 64, and later on the Gamecube. On those we mostly played Mario Bros games. We still do play both franchise games Sonic, and Mario and we still have most of our old consoles. We just have Sony added to it too now, lol. My brothers love Super Mario Galaxy, but it was too complicated for me than the regular Mario format of games. I didn't like it, and I hated Super Mario 64.

I've never had a SEGA gaming console. They were pretty much unheard of here in Poland. Only the biggest geeks were aware of them.
Local gaming magazines had a column about (mostly failed) gaming systems of the past. I enjoyed reading about Saturn, Genesis and the like.
I remember briefly seeing a Dreamcast in a mall, and reading reviews of Shenmue. Sadly, I never got the chance to own the console.
I had GBC and N64, and later on GC (before I got PS2! You can see that I was a fangirl).

Tsuzuko

Definitely a Nintendo kid, and I still feel that way. I only ever got to play Sega at my cousin's house and while I did like it, especially the Sonic games, I never felt a strong urge to ask my parents for a Sega system over Nintendo. I had an NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advanced. I never got a Game Cube because I got a PS2 after that, but I played it at my best friend's house and thought it was a lot of fun.

AceTy31

I like them both, but I have to say that I'm more Nintendo-leaning. I think my favorite game on Sega was Virtua Fighter, though. I also have to say that I thought it was cool someone mentioned it earlier. Most people have no idea what I'm talking about when I mention Virtua Fighter or its characters.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements