• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Rank the worth of your collection by system

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Venom1

If you use IGN (and maybe Gamespot, I'm not sure) to keep track of your collection this will probably be easier, but even if you don't - rank the worth of games you have by system, according to websites or just what you THINK would be worth the most.

1. Super NES
Reason: I've got many of the rare or high-demand games like Secret of Mana, Earthbound, Super Mario RPG, Super Metroid, Zelda: ALTTP, Final Fantasy III, and some others.

2. Playstation 2
Reason: I have the most games for this system, and own a couple of rare (or rather high demand) games in the form of Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 and Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II. I may own a few more that are worth more than I know, I'm not sure, but just the amount of games (50-60 range) I have would be worth a lot.

3. Playstation 3
Reason: Most of my PS3 games are newer and still sell for only a little less than the new price.

4. Playstation 1
Reason: Klonoa: Door to Phantomile, Tomba!, Silent Hill, and maybe a few others are worth a decent bit of money.

5. Xbox 360
Reason: Most of my games still sell for close to retail value.

6. Wii
Reason: A few of my games would sell for near retail value.

7. NES
Reason: I own at least one rare title - Contra Force - and a handful of other games that are popular or harder to come by that would sell for a little bit more than most games.

8. Gamecube
Reason: I have a few popular GCN titles that I could easily sell for $15-$20 each, plus I have one or two that I've seen go for insane prices like Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes.

9. Nintendo 64
Reason: Most of my games aren't hard to come by, but they're the really popular games that still sell very well, for the most part.

10. Nintendo DS
Reason: Only a few of my games still sell for a decent bit of money.

11. PSP
Reason: A few games I have sell for around $20-$30.

12. Dreamcast
Reason: Powerstone 2.

13. Gameboy Advance
Reason: I don't have a lot of games, and as far as I know none of them sell for much.

14. Original Xbox
Reason: I only have Halo, Halo 2, and Fable: The Lost Chapters.

15. Original Gameboy
Reason: Super Mario Land, Wario Land, and Donkey Kong 94 are the only games I have.

16. Gameboy Color
Reason: Super Mario Bros. DX is my only GBC game.

Those are rough estimates, but I think it's pretty close if someone was to actually calculate the worth of my collection. So, who else wants to give it a go?

Ahhhhhhh! I was waiting for one of these topics:

1. PlayStation 2:
Reason: The mecca of gaming for my game collection. Uncommon games include Disgaea 1 (though not as profitable since the PSP release and the upcoming DS version) and 2, the original Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly, Growlanser: Heritage of War, La Pucelle Tactics, Magna Carta, Makai Kingdom, Shadow Hearts 1 and 2, Suikodens 3, 4, 5, and Tactics. Popularity power is in full swing (MGS 2 original and Substance, and MGS 3 Subsistence, FFX and X-2, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil: Code VERONICA X, Xenosaga, and WWF Smackdown series). There's also appeal to Nippon Ichi fans (the aforementioned, along with GrimGrimoire, and Phantom Brave), and Wild Arms fans (3, 4, 5, and Alter Code F), plus games that are cult classics due to their own problems (Castle Shikigami 2's...unique...use of English).

2. PlayStation:
Reason: Nippon Ichi fans may pay good for Rhapsody (with the CD). Persona 2 may get a good price on the fire of Persona 3. Evil Zone and the three Battle Arena Toshindens may have fighter appeal, and the RPG library, consisting of the likes of Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy 9, Legend of Legaia, Lunar Silver Star Story, Suikoden, Tales of Destiny, Threads of Fate, Vandal Hearts, and both PS1 Wild Arms, can go for decent prices (except for WA1, which has a Blockbuster disc). My other games have popularity power (MGS and MGS VR, all three Syphon Filters, and WWF Smackdowns 1 and 2, among others).

3. SNES:
Reason: Earthbound, Kirby Super Star, and Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past all go for good totals. Popularity works here (Mario games, F-Zero, Star Fox, and Donkey Kong Country), and possible nostalgia and game themes (Nickelodeon Guts, Super Mario All Stars, Wheel of Fortune (the old version of Sajak's), and Clue)

4. Game Boy Advance:
Reason: The RPG and adventure library on here (all GBA Castlevanias, Final Fantasy VI, both Fire Emblems, Lunar Legends, Metroid, Pokemon Sapphire, Riviera: The Promised Land, Tales of Phantasia, and Zelda II).

5. Nintendo Gamecube:
Reason: Skies of Arcadia Legends and The Legend of Zelda Bonus Disc. I'll take Venoms advice on Metal Gear Solid: the Twin Snakes as well.

6. Nintendo 64:
Reason: Popular games, World is Not Enough.

7. Genesis:
Reason: Marvel Land, NHLPA 93, and Flashback. Klax may also be a decent seller, but not sure.

8. Atari 2600:
Reason: Pristine ET. The Swordquests may find homes in nostalgia, and Berserk and Q*Bert would sway the die-hard retro gamer.

9. X-Box:
Reason: The only game I have for it is an unopened Kakuto Chojin, complete with strategy guide. Given Kakuto's...history, that alone may make it a seller, though because I a) lack an X-Box, and b) keep it wrapped, I've no clue if it's the original with Muslim chant, or the rerelease.

10. Nintendo DS:
Reason: Phoenix Wright series, and both Castlevanias. DS stylus fanatics would like Trauma Center and Apollo Justice, but little else.

11. Dreamcast:
Reason: All my games are common finds and most of them can be found on other systems.

12. Game Boy Color:
Reason: MGS, Zelda: Oracle of Ages, and Pokemon. The others are not much to note, and one of them even has a corrupt battery that prevents long term saves.

13. NES:
Reason: Four Tengen games (excluding Tetris, which I don't have), SMB, and for platformer fans, Monster Party is worth a play for the experience. I also have Metal Gear and Castlevania.

14. Game Boy:
Reason: Pokemon Red and Yellow plus Bomberman. WWF Warzone is useless as far as price goes.

15. PC:
Reason: Few rare games. Only bestsellers would be Roller Coaster Tycoon and the Loopy Landscapes expansion. Outside these, the rest are easy to come by.

Marcius

THEY HACKED...INTO...MY FUCKIN' CAR!
1. Super NES
Reason: I've got many of the rare or high-demand games like Secret of Mana, Earthbound, Super Mario RPG, Super Metroid, Zelda: ALTTP, Final Fantasy III, and some others.

Yeah, I have those too. My favorite of the "high-demand" games, though, has gotta be Earthbound...or maybe Super Metroid. It's a toss up, really. I also, along with those games, have Soulseek, or w/e the fuck it's called...Illusion of Gaia...and, since I'm not home right now, I can't list the rest. These are just what came to mind.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements