• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

[PSVita] Dragon's Crown - Initial Impressions

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

VITA_Lover

I heard that this game was made on a budget of one million dollars - for that price I say we got quite the game here. Keep in mind that Final Fantasy 7 back in the 90's cost 25 million to make.

To me, this game is a masterpiece. The gameplay is simple enough for casual play but offers deep RPG depth as well. For any VITA owner, this game is a must buy.

This game is one of the most beautiful and fun games that I have ever played on the VITA or any system. Dragon's Crown is one of the VITA's best titles to date. Dragon's Crown is a beat`em up at heart that is solid, plays well and has depth to keep you coming back for more.

Years from now when they rate the best games on the console this game will be on the list. This game has collectable written all over it.

I believe this one is up there with the ranks (potentially) of Killzone Mercenaries and Tearaway.

Gameplay is easy to get into, yet has a lot of depth to it - it's a perfect blend. I feel like the game has the pick up and play in short bursts, which is needed for mobiles, yet has a lot of layers to it that it'll keep you coming back.

If you have a Vita, you definitely need this in your library. Replayability is augmented through quests available by revisiting stages and unlockable routes and bosses. And when you're done, there are a ton of other characters to play as (fighter, sorceress, etc).

Needless to say, I highly recommend this game.

It is actually easier than I thought. I'm playing the Sorceress, which I've heard is a difficult character to play and I'm making it through the game with no problems at all.

Now here is a question:

Buy it now -

New, with artbook - $39.95

Or wait a few months and

Used - $27.95

I bought 90% of my VITA games used - but this one I bought brand new.

632915_20130731_640screen027.jpg

I bought mine from PSN yesterday and I have no regrets whatsoever! =)

I like to savor a game. Not to rush through everything and smell the proverbial roses. And what a beautiful and fragrant rose Dragon's Crown is. Artwork, gameplay, replayability, depth, it's the whole friggin package! And I'm saying this even if I'm only at level 5, I see how lengthy and fun this game will be for me in the long run.

If you have a Vita, BUY. THIS. GAME. Vanillaware deserves all our support if these are the kind of games we can expect from them. =D

Mike3

excellent posts guys and I agree it's really awesome, im loving it, im only 1 hour in though! but I cant wait for my next opportunity to play :)

VITA_Lover

The game is very fun - yet challenging at the same time. I hear that this game will be released in Europe shortly.

RTRSPCT

Not much more to add! I give it a 9.6/10

Beautiful graphics - and rich in detail; both obvious and subtle. Interesting game-world and story. Soothing, beautiful soundtrack. Great controls. It's loaded, and I mean LOADED with content; creating a really high replay-value. + that artbook...

LesTom1

If indeed this game is not coming to Europe until the end of the year then I shall be forced to buy from eBay from a Canadian/US seller :) Ah the lengths we will go to for our hobby (y)

VITA_Lover

One of the many wonderful things about the VITA is that it is not region locked. An American copy will play just fine and can be the best way to get the game if you can't wait for the European release. This game is fabulous, so I'd get a copy now if I was you.

matrixxGT

I am lvl 17 about 7 hrs in and I can just tell I will be playing this for a while. Should keep me busy until killzone/tear away.

Well worth the money I spent that's for sure.

Doc4000

I agree with you, TC. Dragon's Crown is a masterpiece and it automatically shot up to one of my favorite games of all time. I started out with the Amazon and after her campaign I plan to use the Sorceress next.

VITA_Lover

I love this game. Sadly, I had to stop playing it because my "The Walking Dead" came in. Then 'Sweet Fuse' come in.........to me - the VITA has plenty of games to play and lots more coming.

I will get back to this game as soon as I can. The good thing is, where I am is a good place to take a break and I've got 14 hours of gameplay done.

AlexShockwave

I planned on getting the game soon, looks like a really good game with good response. Gravity defying anime boobs seem way larger then usual... could just be me though.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements