• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PS3 PS3 replaced (bad lens), getting it back this weekend

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Chris

I haven't played it for a while. My blu ray drive has been awful since last fall but until now, I just decided to deal with the annoyance. Tried a cleaning disc, but that didn't fix it. I'm getting a different PS3 back, a refurbished model apparently. I'm hoping it's like new, and lasts longer than a year.

Buckybuckster

I haven't played it for a while. My blu ray drive has been awful since last fall but until now, I just decided to deal with the annoyance. Tried a cleaning disc, but that didn't fix it. I'm getting a different PS3 back, a refurbished model apparently. I'm hoping it's like new, and lasts longer than a year.

Hopefully longer seeing that the PS4 way off in the distance. When it comes to electronics, the term "refurbished" has always raised the hair on the back of my neck. I've got my fingers crossed for you;)!

Chris

Hopefully longer seeing that the PS4 way off in the distance. When it comes to electronics, the term "refurbished" has always raised the hair on the back of my neck. I've got my fingers crossed for you;)!
We'll I just got it and it is refurbished but it looks like they put it in a brand new case. I have yet to connect it. I'm hoping they messed up and accidentally gave me a 160GB instead of the 120GB hard drive I had before since 160GB is now the smallest model. It's not a big deal either way for me.

Chris

The new PS3 has almost the same issues as the last one. It reads the disc every time, but it constantly has loading errors when I go to run the game. :eek:

Chris

hey my ps3 120 gb bluray lens is crashed too...yeah -.- and it's older than 1 year and i dont get a new back -.-
I had a warranty from Best Buy. This time I ordered one without a warranty and I'm hoping for luck. Later I'll have to decide if I want a warranty for the NGP or not.

when I buy my ngp...with warranty!...do you know the reason why your bluray lens are broken ?
I watched DVDs on my PS3 and they corrupted my bluray drive!

Chris

when I buy my ngp...with warranty!...do you know the reason why your bluray lens are broken ?
I watched DVDs on my PS3 and they corrupted my bluray drive!
I really have no clue. I would assume most problems are from dirt/dust getting into the system but I've also heard of the blu ray laser failing.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements