• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Out of the Facebook!

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

wallet

I just have a bad dream the other nights, It was happening that I was kicked off the Facebook server and I could not make an account anymore. I was trying a lot of different ways but I could not enter the socializing media in any way.
This was awful and when I woke up, I tried my PC and tried to log in, I logged in and I felt so good.
What would you do if this would happen to you for real?

Soulwatcher

I just have a bad dream the other nights, It was happening that I was kicked off the Facebook server and I could not make an account anymore. I was trying a lot of different ways but I could not enter the socializing media in any way.
This was awful and when I woke up, I tried my PC and tried to log in, I logged in and I felt so good.
I would be ok with it because I don't use facebook too much anymore. And the reason why I don't use Facebook anymore is that people pretend to live these lavish lifestyles and there always happy and they think they are the model American. When I know that they are really maxing out their credit card and they also fight like cats and dogs and they are very unhappy.

morgoodie

I hardly use FB anymore anyway so I would be just fine. I get tired of reading these posts that people put on there and a lot of times it is just ranting and raving about something or other. One FB friend thinks that everyone wants to know all the details of her day to day life and writes a short novel for each post. No one wants to know that you cleaned the bathroom, kitchen, did laundry, weeded the garden, or made dinner. FB is not a diary. Lol. Don't get me started on some people and their million selfies a day. LOL!

vinaya

If I am locked out of facebook, it would never trouble me even though I will be missing facebook. I have friends and families on facebook. I have clients and customers. I not only do personal networking on facebook but also use this social media for business purpose. If I am locked out of facebook, I will go else where there are so many social media sites.

wallet

If I am locked out of facebook, it would never trouble me even though I will be missing facebook. I have friends and families on facebook. I have clients and customers. I not only do personal networking on facebook but also use this social media for business purpose. If I am locked out of facebook, I will go else where there are so many social media sites.
That is exactly for what I'm using my Facebook account, to raise the traffic on my blog and to bring more loyal customers to my business, but for this, I must be active on Facebook every day. If I miss a day I am sure this may affect the course of my business!

ballyhara

I would be ok with it because I don't use facebook too much anymore. And the reason why I don't use facebook anymore is because people pretend to live these lavish lifestyles and there always happy and they think they are the model American. When I know that they are really maxing out their credit card and they also fight like cats and dogs and they are very unhappy.
I sooo feel you. I barely check my account, and mostly what I do is to check birthdays. Besides people pretending to be what they are not, my friends have turn Facebook into their personal psychoanalyst. Seriously they post all that is happening to them, from a simple cut in the finger to complete break ups. Not my favorite social media anymore.

JoeMilford

Actually, I would be pretty upset if this happened to me. I use facebook to promote my blogs and to keep in touch with my friends and family who are scattered all over the world. I don't use facebook for any immature reasons, like blasting about my personal life, etc. However, I have been able to take this social media tool and make it into something positive in my life, so I think I would most likely really miss having it as an option.

Kira1

I guess I'd probably feel sad for a little while but then again, if it happens for a reason and for the better good, then I guess there's nothing to be upset about. But I really doubt that such thing would happen though - getting out of Facebook. Seems like it has become one of the main website which people go to everyday just to connect with their families and loved ones all over the world. And we should always be thankful for that. And the best part is, it's FREEEEE. :D

overcast

I think you're getting addicted to the facebook. That's the reason you're getting withdrawal symptom dream. Take that as a sign for not being too much active. Facebook is just another platform. It it not a real world. Lot of things are there to do apart from facebook. And you'd be able to have no issues even without facebook. I don't use facebook much apart from promoting pages and the content. I don't want to give in to more addiction of internet.

Soulwatcher

I think you're getting addicted to the facebook. That's the reason you're getting withdrawal symptom dream. Take that as a sign for not being too much active. Facebook is just another platform. It it not a real world. Lot of things are there to do apart from facebook. And you'd be able to have no issues even without facebook. I don't use facebook much apart from promoting pages and the content. I don't want to give in to more addiction of internet.
I 100% agree, and I would say 80%+ of the posts on Facebook are people pretending to be something that they are not. Which is why I take every facebook post with a grain of salt!

Boogeyman01

Yes.because you forget the other important obligation because of facebook.if you want to reduce taking up time on facebook.set a limited ours on using facebook.

Soulwatcher

Yes.because you forget the other important obligation because of facebook.if you want to reduce taking up time on facebook.set a limited ours on using facebook.
That is a very good idea if your on facebook a lot setting a limited amount of time to spend on Facebook is a great idea. I had to do that with video games. I was spending way too much time online playing video games and I had to cut way back. And now I spend 1~3hrs a day playing video games and I live a much more fulfilled life.

jkeypad

I wouldn't mind because I dont use facebook often. I use facebook just to contact my friends abroad, talk to my family, relatives or post anything I like nothing special really but I can still contact my family and friends on my phone. I did deactivate my facebook once because it doesn't help me in any way, let me say it is one of distraction for me, but I activated it again because my cousins insisted me because sometimes they make group chat and they want me to be in it.:)

JoeMilford

That is a very good idea, if your on facebook a lot setting a limited amount of time to spend on facebook is a great idea. I had to do that with video games. I was spending way too much time online playing video games and I had to cut way back. And now I spend 1~3hrs a day playing video games and I live a much more fulfilled life.
There are so many technological distractions in our lives today that we have to be careful about being sucked into them. People used to just think televisions were bad, when it came to this idea, but now we have the internet and video games, all vert tempting interactive experiences for us that can eat up time like a shark cutting through a school of fish. I too have to make a conscious effort to police myself with gaming and social media so that I don't just disappear into the virtual world too much everyday...and being an online freelancer does not help much with this either...

wallet

I don't know what you mean....your reply has no logic or connection with my thread, have you even read my post? I guess you read the title and tried to write an answer that actually does not fit to what I have written!

overcast

I too have to make a conscious effort to police myself with gaming and social media so that I don't just disappear into the virtual world too much everyday...and being an online freelancer does not help much with this either...
I find that part to be hard though. Because minecraft and other games take my weekend time. And being a single person myself I had my set of the issues with the Facebook in that case. I guess we have to understand that social media and gaming takes up a lot of real life time. Which we can spend on something better. So if we spend the time in right way there would be less issue on this. But I personally find it harder to balance though. Lot of my things are online these days.

Tania997

I would be ok with it because I don't use facebook too much anymore. And the reason why I don't use facebook anymore is because people pretend to live these lavish lifestyles and there always happy and they think they are the model American. When I know that they are really maxing out their credit card and they also fight like cats and dogs and they are very unhappy.
Wow man, you totally just described how I've been feeling for the past few years in one post. Social media has really ruined a lot of people's lives, their main objective is to make sure everyone believes they're living like rich people everyday so they can think they're better than everyone else. In reality, just like you said, they're fighting just to find money to do all this. I heard of people getting debts, even getting involved in shady stuff just to give everyone the illusion they're living a lavish lifestyle.

JoeMilford

I find that part to be hard though. Because minecraft and other games take my weekend time. And being a single person myself I had my set of the issues with the Facebook in that case. I guess we have to understand that social media and gaming takes up a lot of real life time. Which we can spend on something better. So if we spend the time in right way there would be less issue on this. But I personally find it harder to balance though. Lot of my things are online these days.
I read a study many years ago based on a survey of college students and their perception of their use of social media. They were initially asked how many hours a week that they spent on social media. They gave pretty small numbers of hours, according to what they thought they were doing. However, those doing the study were allowed to monitor the frequency of social media use on the computers and phones of the students. Their findings were significantly higher in number than what the students thought they were spending in social media in terms of time. I think we need to be acutely conscious of how long we really ARE online in our social media capacity!

JoeMilford

This was a wild dream, a very anxiety-ridden dream, I would say! I am glad that it was not true, lol. I want try to analyze the dream, but I can relate to it. We have all become very attached to our technology, and your dream is a representation, for all of us, I think, of the fear we have of suddenly losing the technology we have become so accustomed to.

Mariana

I have to admit that I am not a big fan of Facebook. I do have a profile but I use it perhaps once a week just to check for any new messages and briefly read what people have been up to. But I also don't have unknown people added, only my friends, family and colleges.

I think that all those people that post pictures of themselves are a bit pathetic. I don't mind if you sometimes post your own picture but I don't want to see 50+ selfies, haha :D So, overall, I don't think that I would care if I couldn't get on the Facebook.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements