• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

No SPLITSCREEN WTF?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in

nafeasonto

I have read on multiple forums and this one, that there is no split screen??? WTF IS GOING ON here. This is really stupid. What the heck happened to your friend coming over to stay over or go out with a bunch of friends, and maybe coming home and say play a new game like Bulletstorm which looks ridiculously cool, but wait.. THEY CAn'T, because there is no Splitscreen. This is an obvious attempt to:

1. Prevent piracy
2. Sell more copies of the game<---- Big one (Actually the only real reason.)

So basically I have to have two TV's, have my friend bring over HIS Xbox 360 (and not only that playing with two Xbox 360's on the same router, never works right.) Just to multiplayer? (because maybe me and my friend want to hang out when we play games, and not be in separate homes just to play a GAME TOGETHER. )

What is going on here? This is PISSING me off. And to the people who say "then don't buy it." Well guess what, YOU just lost a sale because of no split screen. I am SICK AND TIRED of no split screen in games now. This looked like an AWESOME game. Seriously WTF.

DestroyRepeat

Destroy. Repeat.
Destroy. Repeat.
I have read on multiple forums and this one, that there is no split screen??? WTF IS GOING ON here. This is really stupid. What the heck happened to your friend coming over to stay over or go out with a bunch of friends, and maybe coming home and say play a new game like Bulletstorm which looks ridiculously cool, but wait.. THEY CAn'T, because there is no Splitscreen. This is an obvious attempt to:

1. Prevent piracy
2. Sell more copies of the game<---- Big one (Actually the only real reason.)

So basically I have to have two TV's, have my friend bring over HIS Xbox 360 (and not only that playing with two Xbox 360's on the same router, never works right.) Just to multiplayer? (because maybe me and my friend want to hang out when we play games, and not be in separate homes just to play a GAME TOGETHER. )

What is going on here? This is PISSING me off. And to the people who say "then don't buy it." Well guess what, YOU just lost a sale because of no split screen. I am SICK AND TIRED of no split screen in games now. This looked like an AWESOME game. Seriously WTF.

View attachment 177

Ever consider that perhaps your 6 year old console doesn't have the capacity to render 2 or more viewpoints in such a visually complex game?

Of course not. You're too busy bawwing on your soapbox. Bulletstorm lost a sale? Great, one less wanker playing the game. :)

Attachments

• bawww.jpg
    bawww.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 0

nafeasonto

You are making no argument against my post other then complaining that I am complaining and having to post a picture for it.

That still doesn't get my anywhere, what was the purpose of not having split-screen once again for a Co-op game.

Biggest reason: Better sales.

MrSky

You are making no argument against my post other then complaining that I am complaining and having to post a picture for it.

That still doesn't get my anywhere, what was the purpose of not having split-screen once again for a Co-op game.

Biggest reason: Better sales.
wouldn't get worse sales since it doesn't have co-op? so your an idiot 8D

Cznielsen

View attachment 191

Ever consider that perhaps your 6 year old console doesn't have the capacity to render 2 or more viewpoints in such a visually complex game?

Of course not. You're too busy bawwing on your soapbox. Bulletstorm lost a sale? Great, one less wanker playing the game. :)

Visually complex?

are you kidding?

Gears of War 2 had splitscreen
Gears of War 3 will have splitscreen
the graphics are generally the same for all epics newer titles

awesome_ninja

View attachment 191

Wow...visually complex?
More like consoles are a POS that 2 years behind compared to PCs... And a lto of modern games have split screen. I bet you are a console gamer, trying to defend your Gaybox 360 or the PS3 (2 times better than the Gaybox). PC all the way bitches

On the side note: I agree with the OP. It's supposed to be a party game to have fun with FRIENDS. That's what consoles are for. Get a friend over, give him a controller, enjoy...

DestroyRepeat

Destroy. Repeat.
Destroy. Repeat.
Visually complex?

are you kidding?

Gears of War 2 had splitscreen
Gears of War 3 will have splitscreen
the graphics are generally the same for all epics newer titles

No, I'm not kidding.

Ask some Halo: Reach players about the short draw distances, missing objects and pop-up they experience ONLY when playing the game splitscreen.

In splitscreen, everything has to be rendered from each camera's viewpoint. It requires additional hardware resources. That's just a fact.

More importantly, it's just not a feature most people use or care about. Sorry. :)

Gaybox 360 or the PS3 (2 times better than the Gaybox)

Get lost, kid. Grown-ups are talking.

Cznielsen

No, I'm not kidding.

Ask some Halo: Reach players about the short draw distances, missing objects and pop-up they experience ONLY when playing the game splitscreen.

In splitscreen, everything has to be rendered from each camera's viewpoint. It requires additional hardware resources. That's just a fact.

More importantly, it's just not a feature most people use or care about. Sorry. :)

Get lost, kid. Grown-ups are talking.

I gotta say that me and a lot of the people I know do enjoy a game of xbox 360 whenever we're bored.

Removing splitscreen from games is imo a bad idea. It's been 5-6 years since the "newer" consoles were released, if they're suffering from graphical and processing issues it's time to move on and push the hardware- and bandwidth limits up a bunch.

Fakeshake

I personally don't think it matters at all, the only thing it does is allow people to play the same game together, hence preventing someone from buying it themselves, and promoting them to grab another copy. So in my opinion a smart move.

Rjpoofy

I'm going to state for the record, I read just a few posts in this thread and my only comment is WHY THE FUCK DOES THIS THREAD EXIST?

Really Splitscreen has been dying off for years. The fact that this game doesn't have it isn't in the least bit surprising. To you who is complaining about it... Shut up. Really, buy the game or go home.

OR

You could do what I've done in the past for Crackdown, and have a damn bloody lan party, your friend just has to bring his xbox and copy of the game. NOT THAT HARD.

korupt data

Obviously pc gamers wouldn't understand the need for splitscreen....
But consoles support 4 controllers for a reason, splitscreen is my main reason for owning a console.

realdealnealio

I would get damn mad when someone would steal my perfectly planned Skillshot in Co-Op mode. Then again would be fun team chaos. I'm 50/50 on this one guys but no need to PC/Console bash bitches! >:#

RDN.

DestroyRepeat

Destroy. Repeat.
Destroy. Repeat.
I can appreciate there's a vocal minority out there that loves it, but splitscreen is dead and has been since the introduction of XBL/PSN.

Same thing with Arcades...

I enjoyed Goldeneye/Mario Kart as much as anyone, but it's just not how most people are playing anymore.

korupt data

Halo reach still has it lol, basically they turn the graphics down to medium/low when playing split-screen. Anyway i was really saddened when i seen bulletstorm wasn't even system-link complatable on xbox 360, gold account or no multiplayer at all :/.