• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

no mgs legacy on xbox 360

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

matt best

Well for all other mgs lovers out there on the xbox 360 well be getting the same shaft we did for mgs 4. It was announced today no legacy edition for us due to the size of content on mgs

matt best

I play peace walker and the hd collection just fine on my 360. if xbox had'nt used crappy dvd disc there would'nt be a problem here :mad:

CoolDust

They said there was "more to come" when they announced the platform, what could that mean now? Wii U? It has high capacity disks so MGS4 could work. If Nintendo were willing to fund a Bayonetta sequel then I dont see why they couldn't fund a MGS collection. Brawl also had items from MGS4 and that was a Wii game...

I waited two years before buying the HD collection for PS3 and ONE week later they announced this! I already have MGS1 +4 so its not that big of a deal. Now watch them announce PS4 ports or something...

Legend

I don't know how people are still surprised by this. MGS4 alone would take up like 6 Xbox discs, another disc for the HD collection, and another for Portable Ops/graphic novels.

CoolDust

I don't know how people are still surprised by this. MGS4 alone would take up like 6 Xbox discs, another disc for the HD collection, and another for Portable Ops/graphic novels.
They could have released MGS4 on XBL as a HDD download, 5-6 disks also isn't that much of a stretch when you consider LA Noire is on 3 disks. Hell Shenmue + II are 4 disks on the Dreamcast. They let you install the disks too on 360 so while a Legacy box with about 8 disks is inconvenient it was still possible.

MGS4 is also so large because its all uncompressed, im sure they could get the size down a fair bit by compression. This also reminds me that Kojima had MGS4 running on the Vita back in 2011. It makes me wonder what happened to that whole thing in general really... I remember Gearbox also saying that they had Aliens running on Vita after only a week of testing. Now that game turned out garbage but back in 2011 the Vita was said to be very capable of playing PS3 games.

CoolDust

Pressure sensitive buttons don't really matter anyway, Vita doesn't have them either and I prefer it that way. Using the M4 in MGS2 on PS2/3 in the MGS1 missions is a nightmare. I dont even think MGS4 uses them? L1 to aim and R1 to fire from what I remember.

matt best

Pressure sensitive buttons don't really matter anyway, Vita doesn't have them either and I prefer it that way. Using the M4 in MGS2 on PS2/3 in the MGS1 missions is a nightmare. I dont even think MGS4 uses them? L1 to aim and R1 to fire from what I remember.
Well the buttons werent the issue its the fact that mgs 4 would take up 7 disk on the 360 so they didnt wanna bother to compress it.

dds

Well for all other mgs lovers out there on the xbox 360 well be getting the same shaft we did for mgs 4. It was announced today no legacy edition for us due to the size of content on mgs
AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAH

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements