• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita No knowledge about PSVita ??? WTF

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Luuk.vanRiel

The Eternal Poster
I was at my local gamestore (gamemania) to buy Gears 3 and when handing over the money I eavesdropped onto a conversation another shopkeeper had with a female customer that wanted to buy some PSP game or system for her child. She said to the shopkeeper something like this:
'I thought lets buy this game because soon he will want to have the PSVita.'
Shopkeeper (female): 'Well I dunno what to think about it and what it will be excactly'

Short conversation but this was all I could make out since I was also busy paying the money.
My point by saying this is that its great to hear some other people know about the excistance but the shopkeeper probably only saw some pictures. But to me it sounds stupid that she didn't know anything about it. Sure I could have jumped into the conversation and started a passionfilled explanation about what it can do and why it will be the most bad ass device/gadget/handheld ever. But seeing I was there with friends and I was organising this little party with my friends I decided to leave and just walk out with Gears of War 3. Though it still hurts me in my heart that not everyone is as excited or at least educated about the Vita as I am.
:(

BTW sorry mods but I didn't really now about wether to put this thread in the off topic section because it did have to do with the Vita's system. :)

Mikaru

Moved it to "General Playstation". ;)

You'd be surprised how many people that work in gamestores actually don't know anything about the stuff they're selling. :(

apolloa

It's not surprising, some store workers really are utterly clueless about the items they sell. And they certainly have NO excuse to not be trained in forthcoming systems, how can you sell games consoles and games but not know anything about them to tell customers? I like Gamestation in the UK personally, they are a bit clueless about the VITA's launch as in the exact date etc, but they know tons about the games they sell. You can ask them about any game and they will give you an opinion on it, what to compare it to etc.

Luuk.vanRiel

The Eternal Poster
At the corner of the street there is a musicstore. Sure they sell less games but the guy keeping the shop is always in for a talk and when I show up with a new game he know what it is and wether its a good game or not. Also he had some commentary's on the remastered Star Wars blu-ray collection. If they had a bigger assortiment I would go there every time.

Yohanzor

Last week there was a Gaming Expo here in Santo Domingo and I quickly looked for the Sony booth and asked if they were any Playstation Vitas on display and the Sony representative agent told me he didn't even know it existed. I felt extremely disappointed :l like EVEN SONY'S OWN PERSONAL IS UNAWARE of the vita and that is shameful my friends.

Karoa

The thing is, since vita isn't out and selling, people have no idea of what is PSV (then later go off saying they know what it is and theyve always been waiting for it just cuz theyve seen a picture)

People arent that interested in portable handhelds, especially after psp and 3ds. The ps3 was more popular before release because it was going to be the best console (back then)

Luuk.vanRiel

The Eternal Poster
I really hope Sony should start marketing. Get the hype going by some cool commercials showing off the hardcore features like dual analog sticks and PS3 like graphics and send these one on TV channels like Discovery and make some kiddy ones that appeal to casual gamers showing off the casual games and touchscreen. This way they will really get people off all ages hyped and they will start saving money for the Vita instead of getting a 3DS by Christmas and don't having money left for 22th of february.

Why I say this is not because I wan't sony to make money but because when a console sells bigger developers start spending more money into it and that is only leading to more high quality games :D

Karoa

This is completely random but couldn't Sony start advertising in the outside world (Shops and stuff) on like Christmas or something, because then people would have money (from presents n stuff :D ) and there would be a bigger interest rate (y)

Luuk.vanRiel

The Eternal Poster
This is completely random but couldn't Sony start advertising in the outside world (Shops and stuff) on like Christmas or something, because then people would have money (from presents n stuff :D ) and there would be a bigger interest rate (y)
Yeah sony would do great if they started advertising and pulling buyers towards them before they spend their money on christmas presents like a 3DS or an Ipad. I for one won't be spending money at all at christmas since I have around 300 euro locked away at home to make sure I have the cash to pay for Vita when it releases :p

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements