• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

New COD cycle ????

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Slacker

Beep Beep......
Im sure there are many past CoD players withing this community along with Current CoD players seen this online kinda interesting but not overly exciting cause it is CoD

sidd230

The series took a huge hit with Ghosts. Its all downhill now. They over hyped Ghosts but failed to deliver. It had its glory. But now, Titanfall takes over.

iStemo

Content Team
I loved cod 4 and mw2. I remember going to the black ops launch and being so upset with the game I traded it in three days later. After mw2 online got to complicated while single player was copy and paste and got repetitive very fast.

Kingkat54

Premium User
Latest COD Ghosts was, I emphasize was, a final purchase. Looking for something fresh and new and imaginative.
Found it.......................Titanfall............:D

Rocketman

I'm not sure if the development teams are just getting worse, or if this is intentional but it seems like CoD is being targeted towards younger and younger audiences. They're selling CoD toys now for kids, and the storylines and characters of the recent games from Infinity Ward definitely give me the feeling that the games are targeted towards teens instead of mature audiences. I think it's all downhill from here. Every year, you see more and more people complaining that it's the same shit on gaming sites. Eventually, we're going to need something new.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
I loved COD4.
I somewhat liked MW2. If IW fixed the spawn points in MW2 before release, I'd love it even more.
I loathe, hate MW3... I even spent $100 on the actual Special Edition box to get "Founder" status, but what a fucking waste. However, I got my status worth from BO2 to Ghosts.

I hate most of the Treyarch games. WAW, Black Ops both did not interest me. BO2 got me interested and I hope Treyarch continues that path.

When I played and finished Ghosts, I thought "what the fucking shit is this?" The ending was so stupid, so short.
And multiplayer is a pain in the ass no matter how many times I try to give it a chance. I liked multiplayer for a while until the rampant fuckin' cheats, lagswitching and other bullshit. It's like IW hasn't paying attention to the feedback.

I'll give Treyarch another chance with BO3 if they continue down the path with BO2. I'll give Sledgehammer Games a chance if their game is MW4. But IW's not getting another chance from me unless they do something drastic to Ghosts 2.

JusZenTFN

Senior Moderator
I'm honestly probably done with COD.. might check out Treyarch's next installment but this IW and Sledgehammer are meh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmmBolt

mmmGaming Titanfall Captain
i actually have liked what treyarch has done but cant stand what IW has done with anything it has gotten its hands on....but i agree, the whole COD ecosystem has gotten stale, they've had their reign at the top, but all good things must come to an end. Its time for TF to rise to the top (im not even really interested with Destiny towards the end of the year)

SpectralWolf

I'm trading in Ghosts for the TF XboxOne controller XD I like Treyarchs games however..but unless someone truly does something great to CoD I won't be buying any other titles. Honestly CoD is just an in between for when game releases get slow. They need to just retire CoD..

Steed

UpArmored Tricycle Test Pilot
I also done with CoD unless they do something extremely brilliant. But I've lost faith. I really think they should change gears and develop a new game franchise. I think they've reached that point.

DocLazieNuts

Having played the Medal of Honor games, COD 1 and 2, then MW1 and 2. I was happy, they were all consistent somewhat challenging games. Medal of Honor was bind blowing back in the day for its cinematic look.. COD since MW 2 has been blah at best. The stories are very very poor, the environments and feel of the games are boring, and the gameplay, especially in single player is short and unchallenging. Ghosts was atrocious, the single player was about 4 hours long, maybe a bit longer if you played it to gather every little thing, and other than playing as Riley for a single level, it was just boring. Short is fine if the gameplay is fun, I found that out with MGS Ground Zeroes! I've moved towards HALO the last few years, and find myself playing HALO more often and finding them more replayable than COD. The story is just more involved and it's almost like playing a game within a film.

Sadly the games are not made to appease people that want change or need change. They are sold to mass market casual gamers who don't have 20 hours to devote to a game. And they are pg-13 for a reason, just like films, companies need teens to buy the games to make money, that's where the money is. R rated mature stuff just can't sell as well. It's sad but true. So for those of us mature (age is no measure of maturity) that love great mature content are stuck with a select few titles (The Last of Us... readily comes to mind) that meet that expectation and those are the games people talk about for years. Not COD Ghost.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Im sure there are many past CoD players withing this community along with Current CoD players seen this online kinda interesting but not overly exciting cause it is CoD
Ghosts 2 won't happen this year. The next title will be developed by Sledgehammer Games, tentatively Call of Duty 2014 (COD2014), the next title is rumored to be MW4...

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements