• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Most frustrating player behavior in this game...

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in

DestroyRepeat

Destroy. Repeat.
Destroy. Repeat.
I'm starting to get fed up with people that descend on ammo packs (that aren't even from their kills) like a pack of vultures.

There needs to be some level of courtesy where the person responsible for the kill gets first dibs on it.

I was in a match the other day where I was occupying the enemy gen room with a Brute, and every time I'd get a kill, a pathfinder teammate would zip across the room and grab it right before I could get there.

It's not like he was low on ammo, either. I'd seen him pick up at least 3 ammo drops and he had fired his spinfusor maybe twice.

I rage quit after running out of grenades, gladiator, AND plasma ammo.
<

snekadid

I'm starting to get fed up with people that descend on ammo packs (that aren't even from their kills) like a pack of vultures.

There needs to be some level of courtesy where the person responsible for the kill gets first dibs on it.

I was in a match the other day where I was occupying the enemy gen room with a Brute, and every time I'd get a kill, a pathfinder teammate would zip across the room and grab it right before I could get there.

It's not like he was low on ammo, either. I'd seen him pick up at least 3 ammo drops and he had fired his spinfusor maybe twice.

I rage quit after running out of grenades, gladiator, AND plasma ammo.
<

I know this all too well on DMB, only one defending the flag, burn through mines and chaingun ammo killing people and everytime someone will swoop in and grab the ammo packs forcing me to leave the flag undefended so that i can either suicide or run to a station for ammo.

ingsoc

Pathfinder in a generator o_O.They shouldn't even come close to it unless enemy is turtling with flag.And maybe it's sometimes frustrating but also the person who killed enemy isn't necessarily the person who needs this pack.For example brute with spinfusor but lots of ammo would need it less than inf after ferocious fight who had run out of stickies and has maybe 10 energy.

Dormath

If you didn't participate in the kill you don't touch the ammo. simple rule.

I agree.

I took out 3 guys trying to take my hill i go to collect the ammo packs some damn lightweight takes them AFTER JUST BEING SPAWNED. Another wave comes i kill the 2 new guys go to get a pack and of course he takes it again after running away from the fight. I died after
<
but good news is so did the ammo stealer. From then on out if he came to my section i moved on when the enemy's came F him.

snekadid

I agree.

I took out 3 guys trying to take my hill i go to collect the ammo packs some damn lightweight takes them AFTER JUST BEING SPAWNED. Another wave comes i kill the 2 new guys go to get a pack and of course he takes it again after running away from the fight. I died after
<
but good news is so did the ammo stealer. From then on out if he came to my section i moved on when the enemy's came F him.

I'd like to add tho that if the ammo is just sitting there around your base you should grab it even if your full, otherwise the enemy might get it and its much more useful to them since their far from their stations.

DestroyRepeat

Destroy. Repeat.
Destroy. Repeat.
Like if you see an ammo pack out in the open all by itself, that's different than when you see a teammate running towards the reward for his kill.

Reminds me of playing medic in TF2 when I'd heal a player to 99% and he'd pick up the health packs while I would struggle to stay alive. Assholes.

snekadid

Thats why i turned my medic into a crossbow sniper
<
killing snipers at their own game is the most fun ever.

@cyber

i was in a pub where i was pocketing other medics until i could get my kritzkrieg ready a pyro lights me on fire im yelling medic and my team no heal me back and its not like they thought on thats a nub let him die http://i.imgur.com/mahtH.png my medic swag
<
i hate people like that who only heal heavies.

Ooracile

It's frustrating as well when you're playing Inf, just about to melee the TCN repairing the gen and some damn asshole comes and shoots him with a spinfuser! Where's the courtesy!

StarCookie

Most frustrating behavior: you hit someone. He starts immediately to use all of his energy and jetpacks up in the atmosphere.

i was in a pub where i was pocketing other medics until i could get my kritzkrieg ready a pyro lights me on fire im yelling medic and my team no heal me back and its not like they thought on thats a nub let him die http://i.imgur.com/mahtH.png my medic swag
<
i hate people like that who only heal heavies.

Lol @ the fake Vintage Tyrolean.

its not a fake vintage tyrolean vintage tyrolean is the name of the hat ignorant one

if it was vintage it would be a vintage vintage tyrolean

lol yeah that hat wadnt cheap it was like 2.66 which is alot for me and my little amounts of metal it's called a vintage tyrolean i wish it was a redundant vintage those are worth atleast well alot more then i have
<
if you play TF2 add me on steam Ender_lance

it's a free game so it can't not be worth it it's amazing add me if you end up playing k

and dont wear the ghastly gibus EVER no exceptions

every time i see someone in one i go after them as medic and kill them

snekadid

I wear the ghastly gibus all the time as pyro and medics keep flying into my flamethrower......

I stopped playing TF2 soon after it went F2P, I had just gotten a 50 backstab killing spree and felt that the influx of new players had killed the game because if your getting more then 5 kills as spy without being killed or atleast needing a health pack when running in a circle killing the same engineer, sapping his turret and backstabbing anyone else that walks out of their spawn, theres something horribly wrong.

i mean any f2ps that wear a ghastly gibus most players that bought the game have hats or stranges i have a strange medigun insteaad of the tyrolean and MtM taunt