• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

More Super Mario 3D World Images

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

RedKnight

It seems like the more they show this game, the better it gets.

mario3dw_03.jpg

mario3dw_02.jpg

mario3dw_13.jpg

mario3dw_17.jpg

mario3dw_18.jpg

mario3dw_19.jpg

mario3dw_20.jpg

mario3dw_21.jpg

mario3dw_25.jpg

mario3dw_26.jpg

ctYBruHh.jpg

xo1ePXWh.jpg

In case you missed it, here's the Japanese commercial:

Crunchewy

Online would be cool, but this is a game for me to play with my kids. They are in the same house. :) Well… if we can afford a WiiU this Xmas. Things are a tad shaky at the moment. :(

Caleb

Game looks fantastic, and if it wasn't for the PS4, I'd buy another Wii U. (Had to sell mine)

Buramu

Mod Of Steel
Looks like more of the same to me. But I guess the Mario crowd will eat it up like it's all new and stuff.

Inoperable Brain Tumor

Looks like more of the same to me. But I guess the Mario crowd will eat it up like it's all new and stuff.

More of the same of what? I mean, of course its going to look a little like Super Mario 3D Land, since its in the same series or whatever, but it really has nothing in common with Galaxy or Sunshine or 64 or any of the sidescrollers. This may be one of the more "different" (as much as Mario could be I guess) 3D Mario titles since Sunshine. Although it would be more awesome IMO if it went back to the 64 roots.

At this point though, if you are sick of Mario games, well NOTHING is going to satisfy you. Mario is Mario, how much could they actually change the formula for it to be "new?"

DuhWhitePanda

Gaming illumiNaughty
Change the art style, change the level design ( I mean really, how many f*cking lava and desert levels do we need?). change the enemies, change the music, change the weapons, change the objective.

Nope, I see a desert level, a tropical level, an under water level, I'm sure there will be a haunted level. I see the same enemies, the same art style, $15 says its recycled music, and I think as many times as Mario has saved Peach, she's having an affair with Bowser.

Instead of a cat suit for innovation, I wonder what type of suit it'll be this time.

Inoperable Brain Tumor

Change the art style, change the level design ( I mean really, how many f*cking lava and desert levels do we need?). change the enemies, change the music, change the weapons, change the objective.

Nope, I see a desert level, a tropical level, an under water level, I'm sure there will be a haunted level. I see the same enemies, the same art style, $15 says its recycled music, and I think as many times as Mario has saved Peach, she's having an affair with Bowser.

Instead of a cat suit for innovation, I wonder what type of suit it'll be this time.
I think all those changes would end up being a new franchise, rather than a Mario game. You are suggesting they just about change absolutely everything that makes it a Mario game to begin with

Hmm, Mario has tackled Desert, Water, Lava, big/small, tropical, haunted, Space... where else they gonna take him? Come up with some solutions then...

I was thinking maybe they could shrink Mario down to Micro, Nano, or Pico level and we could see him traverse a strand of DNA, or fight a virus or something...

DuhWhitePanda

Gaming illumiNaughty
Really, new levels, some new enemies, an art style change, and new music would make it a new franchise? That Paper Mario game isn't a Mario game???? lol did that game, mid way, turn into that new Metroid game we've all be waiting for? If so... mind fuck!

Will you give me the millions billions of dollars Nintendo gets to do what they can not do, be innovative? If not, its my job to laugh at them and poke people who actually believe a new suit is innovation, in the soft spot of their head.

GamejunkieUK

More of the same of what? I mean, of course its going to look a little like Super Mario 3D Land, since its in the same series or whatever, but it really has nothing in common with Galaxy or Sunshine or 64 or any of the sidescrollers. This may be one of the more "different" (as much as Mario could be I guess) 3D Mario titles since Sunshine. Although it would be more awesome IMO if it went back to the 64 roots.

At this point though, if you are sick of Mario games, well NOTHING is going to satisfy you. Mario is Mario, how much could they actually change the formula for it to be "new?"

My sentiments too.

Hardly. No its not a true 3D game. Yes it is a follow up to 3D Land on the 3DS but its a completely new game with new levels and even new power ups. Its a top notch game and certainly worth getting from what I've played of it.

Really, new levels, some new enemies, an art style change, and new music would make it a new franchise? That Paper Mario game isn't a Mario game???? lol did that game, mid way, turn into that new Metroid game we've all be waiting for? If so... mind fuck!

Will you give me the millions billions of dollars Nintendo gets to do what they can not do, be innovative? If not, its my job to laugh at them and poke people who actually believe a new suit is innovation, in the soft spot of their head.

By your logic there should never be sequels because they are always going to be the same as the previous games in the series. This is just flawed logic and ridiculous. Sure there are aspects that are the same but them there there are new aspects too.

Trent

bullet_bill_cat-760x415.jpg

Cat Ears. Cat Ears everywhere! I like the idea of them implementing suit characteristics in enemies, like they did with the Tanooki Goombas and Tanooki Bowser in 3D Land.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Let me know when the release a real 3D Mario game.
The game does look like a real 3D Mario game. In fact, I think this looks like the Mario game that practically everybody has been waiting for. The graphics look like a page out of a pre-rendered Mario screenshot.

EDIT: After a wikipedia research... I think I know what you mean by "real 3D mario game." It's a mix between 3D mario and a 2D mario game. Confusing that is, you roam in 3D, but the camera's in 2D plane, so you can't really roam in full 3D like Super Mario 64 with full camera roaming to boot.

I'm guessing the game you've been waiting for is a true spiritual successor, or sequel to SM64. No ifs or buts about it, eh?

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements