• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita MLB 14 The Show

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in

snozberries

Anybody else get this? What are your thoughts?

Definitely glad I picked this up! I had last years version and was hesitant to even upgrade, but my worries disappeared once I started the game. I haven't had much of any framerate issues, just a few hiccups with the camera angles when I'm playing in the outfield on RTTS. Great game, I would definitely recommend picking it up! Can't wait for the PS4 version to come out. 1 month to go!

JoeCool

Suck the weenie!
Staff member
I usually get them 1st day but so much going on with my move to North Dakota, I might have to pick it up on a Gamestop out there, or if I drive by one in any of the states I'll be driving through.

WJMuldowney

Anybody else get this? What are your thoughts?
I picked it up on day one, and I'm really enjoying it. I like the quick game feature when I just want to play a quick game. The season mode is fun for getting trophies. I can't wait to try RTTS mode as I've enjoyed that in other games.

Cheekz29

I'm loving this game! I was also hesitant about picking it up since I already have 13 but after giving it some though and reading about the changes it was definitely a day 1 purchase for me. Been playing the hell out of RttS. I'm waiting to start a franchise until after they come out with the updated rosters which is the 8th I believe. Unfortunately Kershaw is starting on the DL:(

dawin212240

Hi guys i am wondering if somebody knows if the mlb14 the show for vita in a near future is able to play online exibition games or in game rooms?

thanks

dawin212240

Hi guys i am wondering if somebody knows if the mlb14 the show for vita in a near future is able to play online exibition games or in game rooms?

MadMike

Haven't played 14 yet (waiting for the PS4 version), but I played quite a bit of 12 and 13. It's definitely a fantastic game, even if you aren't really a baseball fan. RttS is awesome.

Any insight on the RTTS on the vita?
It definitely includes RttS if that's what you're asking.

RATCHET.

Haven't played 14 yet (waiting for the PS4 version), but I played quite a bit of 12 and 13. It's definitely a fantastic game, even if you aren't really a baseball fan. RttS is awesome.

It definitely includes RttS if that's what you're asking.
I wanted to know how it plays on the Vita. I've played the previous versions on PS3.

It's awesome as always. I think it's even better this year.

They removed online play this year. The only mode you can play online is Home Run Derby.
I'm glad it's good. I'm thinking about copping it for the Vita once I receive my bundle.

sarlndr

I don't have any of the MLB games on vita. Is there enough new content on MLB 14 to purchase it over a cheaper MLB 13?

HawaiianJohn

I was really looking forward to this until I found out it didn't have multiplayer on it! Guess I'll stick with MLB13 until it gets a patch for online play (if that ever comes).

JoeCool

Suck the weenie!
Staff member
Only advantage with MLB14 is that you'll be able to transfer your RTTS player to future games.
Normally you'd have to restart a career every single year. This year, you can continue with the same player with future games.

H8ter2

Just recently picked up MLB 14 The Show, as always this is a great game and I am having tons of fun playing this and getting everything preset for when the PS4 version comes out in May. I do alot of traveling so this is a perfect 1-2 punch for me with the cross saves and both versions being full featured minus Online play which I hear is a mess on the PS3 right now anyway. However, this allows me to play my franchise and RTTS games at home and then when I'm gone for extended periods of time I can pick up right where I left off with my Vita and keep it moving.

First Impressions are that the game is really well done, the only real glitch I have run into so far (only played a few games) is that when i use the in game save feature and then come back to a saved game later my settings are reset to beginner, this could get annoying if I end up saving a bunch of games in progress as time moves along. Other then that the game play is solid as to be expected, all the features are there as the console versions minus Online play and DD. Graphics are what you can expect from a Vita system, loving it and would highly recommend for anyone on the fence, The Show is a must for any baseball fan.

H8ter2

Yea I like how they added some more elements to the start of RTTS like the showcase series and the whole getting selected on draft day, now I hope moving forward they steal some ideas from NBA2k and make it a much more involved process with decision making and team chemistry building decisions and what not, the MyPlayer mode in NBA2k is really great and hopefully the show can include some of those similar elements moving forward

WJMuldowney

I've been playing this pretty regularly and really liking it. I'm not sure it's a huge improvement over MLB 13, but it's definitely a winner for me.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements