• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Miyazaki = God

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Rainbow Deluxe

Duchess of All Things Pretty and Music
Three of my favorite movies are by Miyazaki: Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, and Kiki's Delivery Service.

Carlo Marx

Sunflower Sutra
Im not a fan of all his work, although Spirited Away is one of my favorite movies, and he also worked on Princess Mononoke which is in my top five anime movie lists. I also enjoyed Castle in the sky and Nassica.

Overdose Delusion

So strange what love does.
Sadly the only Miyazaki film I've seen in its entirety was Princess Mononoke[i/], which I saw in theaters. I enjoyed it greatly though, and I'd really like to watch more Miyazaki someday.

Archangel Sabre

I've actually only managed to watch two Miyazaki films in full -- Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke. I found both of them thoroughly entertaining, and I always mean to watch his others, I just never get around to it.

Poetic Sobriquet

Cosmic Philosopher
This thread can die for not mentioning the best Miyazaki film - and probably the best anime movie period - Nausicca of the Valley of the Wind. A pretty broad movie that visits a lot of themes, some that are revisited in Princess Monoke which is a movie that has always been overrated to me.

As for Spirited Away, I like the movie but only because it emits the same kind of whimsical charm that I remember from the much more entertaining and charming movie My Neighbor Totoro. A very magical film.

Those are my two favorite Miyazaki films, all other range from pretty decent to unwatchable.

So yeah, Miyazaki isn't God, he's just a competent anime film director who has actually worsened over the years.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements