• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Microsoft gifting 10-year anniversary Xbox 360s to long-term Xbox Live loyalists

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

JoeCool

Suck the weenie!
xboxlimed10yearhedimg370pxhightake2.jpg

Microsoft's offering a hearty thank you to some of its longest running Xbox Live members with the handsome limited edition Xbox 360 seen above -- totally gratis -- celebrating this month's 10 year Xbox Live anniversary. Director of Xbox programming Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb posted an image of the box to his Twitter account this evening along with a tease that Redmond's hooking up more than just old-school XBLers. "I'll have details on how you can win one for yourself later this week," he noted. One lucky Kotaku reader already got their hands on the limited edition 360, which appears to be a Slim model -- it's unclear how much HDD space it comes equipped with. Hopefully it's more than enough to handle the 10 years of downloadable content it'll soon be holding.

Well...this is sad news for me.
I would have been a 10 year member if I wouldn't have gotten banned from live.

So what about you guys? Are you in the lucky 10 years?
If so, excited that an xbox might be headed to your doorstep?

JoeCool

Suck the weenie!
How'd you get banned from Live?
No idea, I believe my mom did something.
Because it happened while I was away in college. 2 months later I come back and signed in.
I was already banned until 2999. I'm sure I'll be alive by then to enjoy it.
That's why I just let her keep my Halo xbox and got myself a new one.

CUD

No idea, I believe my mom did something.
Because it happened while I was away in college. 2 months later I come back and signed in.
I was already banned until 2999. I'm sure I'll be alive by then to enjoy it.
That's why I just let her keep my Halo xbox and got myself a new one.
...What could she have possibly done?
Was she trolling people?

DuhWhitePanda

Gaming illumiNaughty
That thing is ugly. I have been a live owner since the OG Xbox. If I win, i'll give that thing to my cousin. I really dont need another fugly slim in my cage.

JoeCool

Suck the weenie!
...What could she have possibly done?
Was she trolling people?
I don't know. Every time I used to ask her she'd said "I did nothing"
I called Microsoft and they said "Code of Conduct"

That thing is ugly. I have been a live owner since the OG Xbox. If I win, i'll give that thing to my cousin. I really dont need another fugly slim in my cage.
No, they're actually gifting them to the 10 year members.
The giveaway is for those who aren't 10 years.

DuhWhitePanda

Gaming illumiNaughty
Oh... so its guaranteed that thing will be on its way here. Well fuck, I wonder how much it'll cost to UPS that thing to Hartford.

matrixxGT

This is pretty nice of Microsoft but I wonder how many of those 10 year subscribers still have their original consoles. I never had Xbox live until a year and a half or so ago but I went through about 8 red rings and came out of pocket 3 of those times.

JoeCool

Suck the weenie!
This is pretty nice of Microsoft but I wonder how many of those 10 year subscribers still have their original consoles. I never had Xbox live until a year and a half or so ago but I went through about 8 red rings and came out of pocket 3 of those times.
MY cousin and 2 friends of mine still have their first xbox. I guess its all about luck :p

matrixxGT

It doesn't even look like a 360 anymore. He bought a red ring for 20 off Craigslist and swapped the disc drive. Its a franken360 but hey if it works then let her rip!

JoeCool

Suck the weenie!
It doesn't even look like a 360 anymore. He bought a red ring for 20 off Craigslist and swapped the disc drive. Its a franken360 but hey if it works then let her rip!
I've fixed a lot of RROD in my lifetime. No complains and they still use it. Except for one that only last 1 hours LOL.

DuhWhitePanda

Gaming illumiNaughty
I remember my first Xbox. It was the white arcade version. Back in those days I really didnt do research on my consoles, I had no clue that some versions had a hard drive. I got the sucker home with a double pack which had Forza 2 in it and some other game I never played. Kameo was my third game, came with the system. I played it most of the night even though I couldnt save my game. I gave it a kiss good night and went to sleep.

I woke up the next morning, bought a memory card, came home, turned on my 360 and saw three red lights. Later that day my dad came over with Dead Rising One and Gears of War one. "His exact words were "Come on man!" as he cursed out some teenager behind the counter at Best Buy.

Then I got a new Xbox which lasted about a month :(

matrixxGT

Yep mine died 19 days after launch but had it replaced. Then that one lasted until I played 2 worlds for 5 hours without saving and my guy had a mace in a orc's head and I heard a wild screeching sound and was like duh fuk? Then i reset it only to find more red lights...now I save often. Looked online and found some dude wrapped his Xbox in a towel and fixed it. Duh fuk:confused:

It didn't work. Tried the blow dryer too. Oh well that was 2006.

JoeCool

Suck the weenie!
Yep mine died 19 days after launch but had it replaced. Then that one lasted until I played 2 worlds for 5 hours without saving and my guy had a mace in a orc's head and I heard a wild screeching sound and was like duh fuk? Then i reset it only to find more red lights...now I save often. Looked online and found some dude wrapped his Xbox in a towel and fixed it. Duh fuk:confused:

It didn't work. Tried the blow dryer too. Oh well that was 2006.
I do a re-solder when I fix them.
But like I said, I still have the Halo 3 Edition and that one didn't come with the Falcon Chip.
Its still working and my mom uses it. I got a slim now.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements