• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Marvel vs Capcom 2 and UMvC3 getting Pulled from PSN and XBL

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Trent

No reason for why, as of right now, but Capcom has just announced that Marvel vs Capcom 2 as well as Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 are being pulled off of the PlayStation Network. This also includes the DLC. Later on this month, no one will be able to find the games or their DLC on the store, though they didn't explain why.

It's getting pulled from the US PSN this Tuesday, December 17 and from Europe December 19.

On the plus (I guess?) side, they are currently having a half-off sale on the DLC.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/1...m-3-marvel-vs-capcom-2-leaving-xbox-live-psn/

Jeccius

Crap; wonder what's caused that? I've got SFxTekken on the Vita, I take it that's dodged the virtual bullet?

PS I've got MvC/Marvel Super Heroes for PS3 on my account, never got around to getting MvC2. Might actually be something to do with Disney now owning the rights to everything Marvel, wouldn't surprise me :p

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
The joys of physical copies. Guess we have to buy...USED COPIES!
dun dun duun!
This is why I'm against digital. Paying $50 for a game that won't be supported digitally - meaning access to more players online... and then only for the game to be pulled from digital store. What if there isn't any more copies of MVC3/UMVC3 on store shelves? Players like you and me won't be able to play it. I like Marvel Vs Capcom and I didn't like MVC3/UMVC3 all that much. But it DOES negate a MVC4.
Crap; wonder what's caused that? I've got SFxTekken on the Vita, I take it that's dodged the virtual bullet?
There's talk about Capcom losing the Marvel license which is the reason behind the pulling of MVC3/UMVC3. SFxTekken is still on the store because it's another japanese company. Disney is the parent company of Marvel.
PS I've got MvC/Marvel Super Heroes for PS3 on my account, never got around to getting MvC2. Might actually be something to do with Disney now owning the rights to everything Marvel, wouldn't surprise me :p
Grab MVC2 when you get a chance this holiday season or something like that. I doubt that's going to stay up there for long.

GamejunkieUK

This is why I'm against digital. Paying $50 for a game that won't be supported digitally - meaning access to more players online... and then only for the game to be pulled from digital store. What if there isn't any more copies of MVC3/UMVC3 on store shelves? Players like you and me won't be able to play it. I like Marvel Vs Capcom and I didn't like MVC3/UMVC3 all that much. But it DOES negate a MVC4.

There's talk about Capcom losing the Marvel license which is the reason behind the pulling of MVC3/UMVC3. SFxTekken is still on the store because it's another japanese company. Disney is the parent company of Marvel.

Grab MVC2 when you get a chance this holiday season or something like that. I doubt that's going to stay up there for long.

SFxTekken is essentially a Capcom and Namco collaboration. That's why it shouldn't be affected unless possibly one or both of those companies get bought out which is not likely.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
SFxTekken is essentially a Capcom and Namco collaboration. That's why it shouldn't be affected unless possibly one or both of those companies get bought out which is not likely.
Hm. :confused: I always thought their crossover was a license contract like Capcom + Marvel's.

GamejunkieUK

Hm. :confused: I always thought their crossover was a license contract like Capcom + Marvel's.

No its a mutual collaboration. In fact Namco was supposed to make a Tekken Vs. Street Fighter game in 3D like the Tekken games but it never materialized.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
No its a mutual collaboration. In fact Namco was supposed to make a Tekken Vs. Street Fighter game in 3D like the Tekken games but it never materialized.
I know that and it's still going to be developed. I have a Tekken X SF site waiting to be launched. :)

Lethal

Retired Moderator
At least you can still download the games if you already paid for them. Same thing happened with UMK3 on the Xbox 360. The game was pulled from the marketplace but I was still able to download the game over and over again.

Trent

If anyone has checked recently, the PS3 games are now gone. However, the PS Vita version of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 is still there, and the DLC for it is there also. I imagine they forgot to take off the Vita version, so if anyone still doesn't have the Jill Valentine and Shuma Gorath DLC, now is the time, before it gets pulled, too.

Jeccius

If anyone has checked recently, the PS3 games are now gone. However, the PS Vita version of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 is still there, and the DLC for it is there also. I imagine they forgot to take off the Vita version, so if anyone still doesn't have the Jill Valentine and Shuma Gorath DLC, now is the time, before it gets pulled, too.

......and it's currently on sale for £14.99 or thereabouts on PSN...cha ching

PS Merry chrimbo!

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements