• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Man purchases photo of Xbox One on eBay

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Eclipse_FPSForum

Contributor
The ploy is simple - find out what gadget or gizmo is most popular, then put up a listing on eBay that makes it look like you're selling it. Only you aren't. You're selling this.
zulDNPS.jpg

Look into those eyes. They're the eyes of a man who has been deceived. They're the eyes of a man who has been conned out of £450 ($734 USD).

They're the eyes of a man who read the word "photo" and decided that meant "not a photo".

It's a tale of heartbreak, as reported in the Nottingham Post. 19-year-old Peter Clatworthy thought he was buying an Xbox One but instead he was buying a photo of one.

"It said 'photo' and I was in two minds," Peter told the paper, "but I looked at the description and the fact it was in the right category made me think it was genuine."

We think we can see where he went wrong.

As if the con wasn't bad enough, the crooked eBay seller even trolled their victim: "They'd written on the back of it 'thank you for your purchase'," Peter said. "I was fuming."

Joking aside, we hope the evil man responsible for this is given the karmic equivalent of a swift kick in the plums, because nobody should be pulling this stunt so close to Christmas.

As for Peter, it's good news (otherwise we wouldn't have been quite so sarcastic earlier) - eBay is going to insist the seller gives Peter a full refund by Monday.

"I've had to make a joke out of it because I was that angry," he concluded. "At least we've now got something to laugh about in the years to come."

That's probably a mature way of looking at it. Had it been us, we'd have sent the crook a badly-printed photo of a prison cell. -Article on CVG

How do you feel about this?

Landon

I feel like the people who do this are desperate for money and its a pretty good "scam" if you would say but then its terrible how people do this when they can get a job and earn money a more "respectful way"...

Nut

I think it's pretty crazy. Eclipse.. maybe me and you should start trying to sell Lamborghini's (pictures) on eBay like that :rolleyes:

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements