• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita Limbo and Escape Plan - anyone played?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Stray Feral

I tried the demos of both, at least the demos seem real promissing. Limbo is like a bit more of an action.

Curious if anyone played the full games - some brief reviews.

Thanks!

Abiel

Banned
I have played limbo on pc and will tell you its a game you can play at least twice , for escape plan I do not know , wait until it is at least 5-10 but not more than 10

DarkEmperor

played limbo on both pc and vita...
i liked it...

tempted several times to buy escape plan...
but still can wait for it to lower the price or in discount or in IGC...

thabani33

Limbo is highly recommended among those two games, everything about it is amazing.
I tried Escape Plan and the touch controls didn't create a good gaming experience for me (especially the rear touch pad).

Zvy-

Have played through escape plan and the dlc's twice. Fantastic, funny, charming and challenging. With the dlc's, there's lots of levels to master.

manj

played limbo on xbox and vita, completed it on vita only as it feels more suited to the smaller screen and looks fantastic, a bit short gameplay wise but 100% this game would be challenging

escape plan i havent played unfourtunately

Slizarus

I haven't "played" Limbo but I've enjoyed a full let's play and it's your typical puzzle platformer with a definite mystique and lovely art style. The story is still something I'm not 100% sure about, so it probably holds up to a couple playthroughs not only to do better but to take notice of things in the background you might not have before.

Escape plan I bought when it was on sale for $3.75 and I do enjoy it, the patches go a long way to helping it's playabilty.(added button controls)

Some of the puzzles are a bit frustrating to figure out, but very few are actually frustrating to execute properly, and there's no puzzle worth raging over, if you can't do it at one time, just come back to it. You can also skip levels if necessary.

It's my favorite puzzle exclusive on the Vita, and if you like the kind of game with the Demo, it's definitely worth purchasing because it gets more fun :)

Between the two, no sale?
Hm.
Personally Limbo because at full price you're getting a great game.
Escape plan has short levels, has definite charm, and you want to know what happens to them. But. I think this game is a good candidate for IGC.

I expect a sale for Vita titles around November December though kinda like their 1 year anniversary where a bunch of titles go down, you might wanna pick up Escape plan then, or Limbo, it goes on sale too occasionally :p

matrixxGT

Bought escape plan back when it was released. Its fun for first few levels then its hard. To reliant on touch contols. Gave up on it.

I tried limbo demo but I dont think I'll buy. Have a backlog of games still.

Josh101

Bought escape plan back when it was released. Its fun for first few levels then its hard. To reliant on touch contols. Gave up on it.

I tried limbo demo but I dont think I'll buy. Have a backlog of games still.

I like Limbo ALOT more than I liked Escape Plan. I think it has more to do with the implementation of "levels" on Escape plan more than any. If it would have been seamless, no timing, just one long set of rooms back to back, I would have enjoyed it much more. Obviously you would need checkpoints. But you get my point, the whole stopping to show how many stars and how much time between each level weighed down on the fun factor for me. But that's just me. Some people would enjoy it better in short bursts, giving the "mobile" game feel, but I do not.

Stray Feral

Yeah. I don't like the timing either. Gives impression that the game is more focused to the puzzle part than the adventure part. Either way I plan to buy it. Is Machinarium something like Escape Plan or is it more of an adventure?

Gorvi

I've played both to completion and have to say I think Escape Plan is the better game. Limbo wins hands down when it comes to atmosphere, but the gameplay is pure trial and error, and it's over far too quickly. Escape Plan is far from perfect, but the puzzles remain interesting throughout, with the exception of a few that end up being especially annoying.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements