• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Kirby (GCN)

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Fear not! There will be a real Kirby game for the GameCube! I myself was afraid that Air Ride was all we were going to get for a console release, but Nintendo IS working on a new Kirby game. They have been kinda quiet about it, but if you check out here, there is actual footage to be seen, and it looks really sweet!

What is even more sweet is that after being absent from Kirby 64, the helper system is being brought back! Thats right, and it's going to be the same system from Super Star to boot! Meaning no Gooey from Kirby's Dreamland 3, but the helper will look like the actual enemy like in Kirby Super Star! There is more, the game appears to be FOUR PLAYERS! One person as Kirby, the other three helpers! THAT WOULD BE SO SWEET! This game is like a dream come true. The game has no release date, but hopefully it gets released this year, and not suffer the fate of being bumped to Revolution, or even worse.... CANCELLED! :(

So far this is what Nintendo says about the storyline:

Nintendo said:
Kirby’s first full-scale action game for Nintendo GameCube arrives with a variety of modes, including a wild multiplayer adventure. The story begins when Kirby sets out to get the stolen Warpstar back from King Dedede.

It’s tough going for Kirby when he’s on his own ... so it’s a good thing he can catch a ride on the backs of his helpers. Utilizing a new attack system, Kirby can gain power by riding on up to three helpers. The more helpers, the more powerful the attack. It’s up to Kirby to save the beautiful world of Dream Land.

Kinda simple, but maybe there will be more to it like in the other games. I hope that in this game that they would explain more stuff about the characters, especially Meta Knight. Anyhow we shall see.

So who else is excited about this game as much as I am?

I've been excited about the game since it was announced. Which was quite awhile ago. I almost forgot about, actually.

I'm hoping they delay it and use it as a Rev launch title, though.

Venom1

I've been really excited about it too. I usually love Kirby games, but Air Ride was just...ugh. It had good music, but other than that, it isn't even worth looking at. This one looks to really bring the series back where it belongs, and give the Gamecube a bit more life when it gets near the end of it's days.

Venom said:
I've been really excited about it too. I usually love Kirby games, but Air Ride was just...ugh. It had good music, but other than that, it isn't even worth looking at.

Well Air Ride wasn't even a REAL Kirby game IMO. It was just... well a "kart" type game with Kirby and co. in it. Yeah it had certain elements, but still, it wasn't A KIRBY GAME.

Venom said:
This one looks to really bring the series back where it belongs, and give the Gamecube a bit more life when it gets near the end of it's days

It would seem that Nintendo is saving the best games for last.

My favorite part about it though is the multiplayer part. Now my cousins, my little brother, and I can play Kirby at together at the same time!

Vampiro V. Empire said:
It has Kirby and Kirby characters in it, plus the word Kirby in the title. It's a Kirby game.

Either you missed the point, or you are just trying to be sarcastic.

What I meant was it wasn't a REAL KIRBY GAME. Real Kirby games are those like Kirby's Dreamland/Adventure/Super Star/ETC...

Air Ride was a side game like your Mario Karts/Parties/ETC...

Tektite

Yeah, I have been waiting for this game. I hope it still comes out for the GameCube, I think there can still be some good game coming out for the system and this could be one of them.

Tektite said:
Yeah, I have been waiting for this game. I hope it still comes out for the GameCube, I think there can still be some good game coming out for the system and this could be one of them.

It seems that Nintendo saved the good stuff for last! It looks like GCN's last big push before the Rev.

Which weapons would you like to see in this game?

I think it would be great to see a bunch of the ones from Super Star again, like the Ninja, and the Jet Plane.

Tektite

Proto Man said:
Which weapons would you like to see in this game?

I think it would be great to see a bunch of the ones from Super Star again, like the Ninja, and the Jet Plane.

I would like too see some of the wepons used from Kirby's Adventure such as, Laser, Wheel and UFO.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements