• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita Japanese Launch Almost Here...

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in

PixelKnot

Here we are already in December, and it's a week away towards the Japanese launch of the PlayStation Vita on the 17th. That day is next Saturday. Can't wait to see how the system performs Day 1 in Japan.

Anyone planning to import?

Mendax

I'm interested in all the in-depth tech reviews. Let's see what the data transfer rate for those memory sticks are so we can judge whether or not the cost is justified!

ZNARF<3VITA

I believe that any one member of this site who is importing the vita from japan tells us the data transfer rate of the vita memory cards

gethron

Hmm yea, should be possible to find that out ... though I don't have to import to get my Vita next week. :p

MOFO

Congrats with getting it so early
I know the VITA is going to be amazing, I just cant wait to see some reviews and YouTube vids of games in action .

gethron

Unfortunately I suck at such games to the extent of having little hope to ever complete them ... so I usually don't buy many action titles and if I do it's got either "Gundam" or "Dynasty Warriors" somewhere in the name. (Strangely enough I'm not the biggest fan of Dynasty Warriors Gundam titles though) ;) Though I might try Demos if they appear in the PSN, but I don't know whether those are of any interest at all. :/

My primary genres are rpg and strategy titles and if some RPG is really good I sometimes even play them if the combat system is not turn-based.

For the preorder I went out of my way and, apart from Disgaea 3, also preordered Army Corps of Hell, though I'm not too sure whether I want to have that game. ^^ Though I did not preorder it I think I want to get Lord of Apocalypse. Also the Dynasty Warriors title for Vita ... well ... I think it might go over board with the "let's use all controll options" thing, like the first PS3 titles did. As far as I know you even have to shake your console at points were a normal button pressing action would do the trick just as well ... and I don't like the idea of shaking and slinging 300 bucks of hardware around for no reason - it IS different from a dualshock. ;)

Apart from that I might try the Vita boardgame-releases (Go, Shougi) when they get out ... and of course what other RPGs are to come.

Also I still have to find out how to take good videos. At the very least I've got myself the present flagship from logitech, the C910, which owns for Skype btw if both sides have a good enough connection. :D

Master Jay

▬▬ι═M═O═D═ﺤ
Ragnarok Odessey > LoA
They seem like the same game pretty much, RO just looks better (and more colorful).
I'm jealous you get it earlier. :p

Chris

Does anyone know what time of the day Sony will start selling it? It seems the official time for the PS3 was 7pm. I'm sure some retailers will break the launch time but I'd like a set time to get a countdown up.

gethron

Incidentally I yesterday went to the electronics store where I preordered my Vita on the 15th of October and also asked about the opening hours on Saturday. However it will be the normal time, 9:30 in the morning. Since it is a rather big Yodobashi store (though not the one in Akihabara) and Yodobashi was the chain that opened the stores for taking preorder earliest in the morning of said Saturday in October I guess it normally won't be possible to get one's hands on a Vita much earlier. (Maybe there is some store that opens earlier, but if so I don't know about it.)

(Taking a quick look at a timezone converter: 9:30 am (Saturday) here in Japan would be 7:30 pm (Friday) in New York.)

EDIT: Apart from that I now got the definitive information, that Skype on Vita will not be supporting video calls for now, though it might get implemented with an update. (There was a guy from Sony setting up a demonstration unit and after I asked him about video calls he handed me the Vita to keep me busy while he was using his cellphone to get a definitive answer to my question.)

Also for those wondering what memory card sizes would be appropriate: Sony has put up new posters in the shops ... one of them lists the available memory cards and gives the info, that the size of all the download versions of Vita launch titles ranges from 500 Mb to 3 Gb.

Karoa

Incidentally I yesterday went to the electronics store where I preordered my Vita on the 15th of October and also asked about the opening hours on Saturday. However it will be the normal time, 9:30 in the morning. Since it is a rather big Yodobashi store (though not the one in Akihabara) and Yodobashi was the chain that opened the stores for taking preorder earliest in the morning of said Saturday in October I guess it normally won't be possible to get one's hands on a Vita much earlier. (Maybe there is some store that opens earlier, but if so I don't know about it.)

(Taking a quick look at a timezone converter: 9:30 am (Saturday) here in Japan would be 7:30 pm (Friday) in New York.)

EDIT: Apart from that I now got the definitive information, that Skype on Vita will not be supporting video calls for now, though it might get implemented with an update. (There was a guy from Sony setting up a demonstration unit and after I asked him about video calls he handed me the Vita to keep me busy while he was using his cellphone to get a definitive answer to my question.)

Also for those wondering what memory card sizes would be appropriate: Sony has put up new posters in the shops ... one of them lists the available memory cards and gives the info, that the size of all the download versions of Vita launch titles ranges from 500 Mb to 3 Gb.
8gb it is! Sucks about sktpe thou, at least it has skype at all!

gethron

At the Yodobashi store where I went they had taken down the preorder cards for 16 Gb and 32 Gb cards (as well as the cradle btw), which 'could' mean that those items were sold out, but I didn't ask about that.

Also the Sony Guy had samples of the case and the traveling pouch with him and handed them to me ... I decided to preorder the traveling pouch though, since the case doesn't really protect the sides of the Vita very well imho. ;) Both looked well made though.

VITA_OWNER

At the Yodobashi store where I went they had taken down the preorder cards for 16 Gb and 32 Gb cards (as well as the cradle btw), which 'could' mean that those items were sold out, but I didn't ask about that.

Also the Sony Guy had samples of the case and the traveling pouch with him and handed them to me ... I decided to preorder the traveling pouch though, since the case doesn't really protect the sides of the Vita very well imho. ;) Both looked well made though.
oh so your japanese cool

Mikaru

Cool! :D I hope you can bring us come exciting new info, photo's and maybe even some videos. I'm so jealous!

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements