• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita Is the Walking Dead game still worth buying?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in
The physical copy, that is. I was able to play it on the PC and it was amazing. Anyway, so I have already played the one over in Steam and I would not mind playing it again. I am considering on buying it for the Vita just for the 400 Days DLC. I'm into those interactive novel games such as Phoenix Wright. I've finished the Phoenix Wright Trilogy to Apollo Justice on the DS for about 3-4 times, and the experience never felt dull for some reason. So, my only basis for getting the game is just to get the 400 days DLC. Is it worth getting at this time? It is also another way of hyping me up for the Season 2 game to come out (it comes out on October). To the owners of the copy of the Walking Dead, was the game worth the buy?

I know. For some reason, the experience never gets old. I just cannot wait for The Walking Dead Season 2. Plus, it's got 400 Days free! I can't say no to that.

A brand new one here costs around $27 (Php 1,195). Still worth? My local game store gives a discount if I pay in cash. It's sad that we don't have bargain bins or anything like that.

kinaite0

I think it depends a little, the vita version is... super ugly and with a very low framerate... still enjoyable of course, the game is awesome. but if you can get it in another platform is a lot better. (I play it on pc, and on pc it is... another game, in graphics sector)

Rustbelt

The low frame rate was common for three different platforms I played this game (episode 1) : Vita, PS 3 and Android. They all had loading time and some jagged frame shots but Vita actually played the best out of the three.

DuhWhitePanda

Gaming illumiNaughty
PC is by far the best version, but its not bad on Vita. There are some low frame rates and long load times. At points it gets frustrating, like the shoot out at the motel, in season one, but I would say the game is well worth the price.

kinaite0

Yeah I didn't played it in any other platform except by vita & pc... so I tought that ps3/xbox360 version was the same as pc version, since it is not a heavy game... I think they've made a bad port to other platforms so.

LiquidEvilGaming

Only LIKE that sort of game on Vita...if i'm at my PC/PS4 etc chances are i'm playing something AAA and not a smaller experience like that. Walking dead is perfect for lying down relaxing as if you are reading a book...honestly if walking dead wasn't on the Vita i'd either get it on my iPad or Galaxy tablet...But never on a console or my PC.

unplugmealready

Last time I checked it was free on the play store on android. Both walking dead games were. Not sure I'd pay for it if it's free on another platform unless I was a die hard fan of it. Or unless I didn't own an android smart phone.

LiquidEvilGaming

Last time I checked it was free on the play store on android. Both walking dead games were. Not sure I'd pay for it if it's free on another platform unless I was a die hard fan of it. Or unless I didn't own an android smart phone.
The game itself so to speak is free but each episode costs money so it isn't really "free" just the initial download of the software the episodes are considered in app purchases.

Kuruwin

And don't forget the different choices you could make :p

There is no real choices in the game. No matter what you choose the game will always go down the same path and pretty much always when you are presented with two choices not choosing one of the options just means that some other character is going to do what you didn't choose. Basically you are just choosing Lee's reaction and thank's to that there isn't much replay value.

And you do get to decide at times who or which dies but guess what.....
if you didn't notice the game is designed so that saved characters pretty much die quickly after saving them because it would have actually taken effort to keep writing the characters in. It's easier to just quickly to waste them afterwards to not to bother.

Personally i would almost prefer if these games were structured differently because it pisses me off that i'm supposed to believe i have a choice when i actually don't.

Rustbelt

The Walking Dead game is all about the journey, not the outcome. I have heard people saying that The Walking Dead does not change the outcome. It is absolutely true, but how you get there is quite different. Some what similar comparison is a person's life. Everyone dies at the end. How that person lived his or her life is different.

DuhWhitePanda

Gaming illumiNaughty
You can go through life thinking Kenny is a racist or you can accept that he doesn't like black people but Clem and Lee are the only two who aint fucking insane so he can see past the skin color.

You my boy Kenny. YEAH!

LiquidEvilGaming

Season 1 is 100 percent free though.
Is it now? Every episode? Hadn't looked in awhile, still would however prefer playing it on vita as I hate hate hate touch controls and I don't believe that one is compatible with MOGA Controllers?

Edit:just looked season one EPISODE 1 is free on Android but that's it. Episodes 2-5 still cost as in app purchases.

kinaite0

The best episode is the second from the first season '.' they can't give that episode free, its a masterpiece.

VITA_Lover

The vita version is way better than the PC - I had the PC version and sold it after getting the vita version - way better and you get 400 days As a bonus - a very good deal

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G The Walking Dead: The Game Gaming News 0
Corei7Killa PSVita The Walking Dead season 3 PlayStation 13
DuhWhitePanda TellTale's The Walking Dead Series General Gaming 2
Cmok Walking Dead S05 Entertainment 6
gh0st233 Has anyone here played The Walking Dead? (NO SPOILERS) General Gaming 0
Lawking10 The Walking Dead Entertainment 1
Rustbelt PSVita The Walking Dead Season 2 and The Wolf Among Us PlayStation 9
HailVectron Walking Dead (XB1/PS4) Dated... General Gaming 3
Rustbelt PSVita The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 5 PlayStation 26
WhoIsDo Lauren Cohan, Maggie from Walking Dead, plays the Exo Stranger Destiny 14
Shampoo XIII The Walking Dead Season 3 Confirmed General Gaming 1
DuhWhitePanda PSVita The Walking Dead Season 2: Episode 4 -Amid the Ruins PlayStation 8
Rustbelt PSVita The Walking Dead Season 2 Retail Listed on Amazon PlayStation 5
loungerman35 PSVita walking dead season 2 episode 3 PlayStation 20
Stray Feral PSVita Question on The Walking Dead S02 PlayStation 10
MisterChewie1 PSVita Question: Walking Dead PS Vita (No Spoilers!) PlayStation 8
Jenbuu Walking dead season + 400days DLC £5 Off Topic Lounge 1
X PSVita Walking dead season 2? PlayStation 12
Trent [PSVita] The Walking Dead: Season One Review Game Reviews 2
Stray Feral PSVita TRAILER: The Walking Dead Season 2 PlayStation 5
Rustbelt PSVita Walking Dead Season 2 Finally Announced (Release Date 12/18/2013) PlayStation 19
yellowbird The Walking Dead Entertainment 6
Stray Feral PSVita [Unmarked Spoilers] The Walking Dead question PlayStation 8
Eclipse_FPSForum The Walking Dead Season 4! Entertainment 3
Stray Feral General question: What is so special about The Walking Dead? Off Topic Lounge 8
divinelite [PSVita] The Walking Dead: Season One Review Game Reviews 22
VITA_Lover [PSVita] The Walking Dead: Season One - Initial Impressions Game Reviews 24
Idlehands1 PSVita Walking dead season 2 PlayStation 7
T PSVita The Walking Dead Vita Bundle. PlayStation 2
J The Walking Dead Entertainment 2
toughtrasher TV show to replace The Walking Dead for now Entertainment 17
S Walking Dead!!! Entertainment 0
THA VULTURE PSVita Walking dead??? PlayStation 10
lifeburn PSVita Walking Dead confirmed for Vita PlayStation 346
darxiide THE WALKING DEAD - Black Ops Zombies - Resident Evil Inspired Music Video General Gaming 1
F PSVita The Walking Dead PlayStation 1
Pixelated88 Walking Dead Eps. 5 Discussion (FULL SPOILERS) Off Topic Lounge 5
seanjohn004 PSVita Lets tell TellTale we want The Walking Dead on Vita PlayStation 7
Codey47 Activision Reveals Walking Dead First-Person Shooter PlayStation 13
P The Walking Dead General Gaming 4
DestroyRepeat Walking Dead Off Topic Lounge 8
AKool28 The Walking Dead (Season 1) Off Topic Lounge 9
F The Walking Dead Entertainment 10
Problem? First AC130 Walking MOD NEWS Call of Duty 35
N [SCRIPT] - Walking AC130 Call of Duty 1
ThisIsAmitoz L.A Noire Glitches II Under The Map Walking/Running General Gaming 3
D Multi Dead Ops Arcade 3 Discord Online Matchmaking 0
Carlos Official Thread Dead Cells General Gaming 0
Carlos Official Thread Dead or Alive 6 General Gaming 0
S Community server project is dead! Gaming News 0