• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Introducing Myself

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

ChisamiEri

Hi everyone!
First thing that i want to tell is that i'm not that good at self introduction, so i'll just share my main purpose of joining this forum + some info about myself.

Probably just like most people do, i'm looking for PSN friends to play online with. I'm an R3 user (GMT+ 7) & would really appreciate it if i can get some PSN friends from the same region. Preferably from around GMT+6 to GMT+8 region. Although US & EUR users are also fine, please don't expect things to be smooth when we play online together someday. I apologize if my English is bad. Feel free to fix my grammar or anything if you want to.

I'm a fan of 'monster-hunting' based games like RO Ace, SS Delta, Toukiden, etc; any RPG games like Disgaea 4, Demon Gaze, Akiba's Strip 2, Conception II, etc; 'hack & slash' games like Shin Gundam Musou, Dynasty & Samurai Warriors series, etc.

The one game that i'm currently looking forward to get is Freedom Wars. Obviously, i'm going to buy R3 version for that too. So, anyone looking to hunt some 'Abductors' together someday, feel free to put me on your PSN friend list.

FYI, i'm not that desperate to find PSN friends. If you add me out of 'pity' since i only have around 5-7 active PSN friends atm, then please DON'T ever think about it! I've had enough of clearing my friend list because of those inactive users every week.

Lastly, i'm a member of society (means that i have a job), so you probably won't see me online as often as the other gamers.

Thanks for your attention to this newbie post!
Hope to see you in-game someday.

Btw, i have this habit of editing my post several times before i finally let it go to be an independent post. Sorry about the inconvenience that might cause some 'troubles' to you whenever you read my post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terramax

WELCOME DUDE!!!!

I'm an R3 user (GMT+ 7) & would really appreciate it if i can get some PSN friends from the same region.

Hey man, I live in Japan. Is that anywhere near your time zone?

The one game that i'm currently looking forward to get is Freedom Wars.

Same. I am also fearing, however, that living where I do I'll only be able to play this when most English speakers are tucked away in bed :/

FYI, i'm not that desperate to find PSN friends. If you add me out of 'pity' since i only have around 5-7 active PSN friends atm, then please DON'T ever think about it! I've had enough of clearing my friend list because of those inactive users every week.

Yeah, I'm the same. I used to get lots of random people trying to befriend me. I think I've deleted just about everyone, seeing as I don't play online with anyone anymore.

Lastly, i'm a member of society (means that i have a job), so you probably won't see me online as often as the other gamers.

LOOOOL. So what does that make people who spend too much time online? :D

Btw, i have this habit of editing my post several times before i finally let it go to be an independent post. Sorry about the inconvenience that might cause some 'troubles' to you whenever you read my post.

Yeah, I'm exactly the same, actually. If you hang around here long enough, you'll notice I tend to write some pretty epic posts, which require a lot of editing.

I like your style dude. I hope we see you around here more. I can't say I'm a fan of the same kinds of games as you though. But Freedom Wars is a game that interests me, if only because it's the only PS Vita game I'm really looking forward to for the long foreseeable future. I used to play Worms Revolution on the net a bit, but nobody plays that online anymore :(

ChisamiEri

Hey man, I live in Japan. Is that anywhere near your time zone?
Since Japan is GMT+9 and my timezone is GMT+7, we might both get a little bit of lag if somehow we played online together in the future. Heck, even GMT+6 or GMT+8 users sometimes give me a tiny bit of lag.

Same. I am also fearing, however, that living where I do I'll only be able to play this when most English speakers are tucked away in bed :/
Now that you mentioned about Japan, i've always thought Japanese online gaming community are better in terms of activities. Surely you have a lot of online 'friends' over there. Right?

LOOOOL. So what does that make people who spend too much time online? :D
それってただのオタクじゃない?
You were posting about online video game, right? Not generally online, like online window shopping or something like that?

I like your style dude. I hope we see you around here more.
Thanks, i'll do just that. Although i'm not as free as i used to be. Since you are also getting Freedom Wars, i hope that we can hunt some Abductors together someday (also rescuing some civilians while we're at it).

Terramax

Now that you mentioned about Japan, i've always thought Japanese online gaming community are better in terms of activities. Surely you have a lot of online 'friends' over there. Right?

I don't like the Japanese online community. They're too obsessed with being superficially polite (well, that goes for their whole society actually). I don't have many friends here, as this country is close to impossible to make friends in.

それってただのオタクじゃない?

Eh, I'm not sure people that play games online makes them otakus period. Most Western gamers that play games a lot online do have lives. Not particularly good lives, but better than otakus.

Since you are also getting Freedom Wars, i hope that we can hunt some Abductors together someday (also rescuing some civilians while we're at it).

Yeah. I'll mention I'm still on the fence about buying Freedom Wars as I'm really not sure whether I'll play it all that much. I've got so many games to play through right now. I really hope Sony release a demo beforehand to give us a general idea of how it plays.

ChisamiEri

Welcome to the forum, newbie ;)
hello and welcome to the forum
Thanks for the generic grettings :)

I don't like the Japanese online community. They're too obsessed with being superficially polite (well, that goes for their whole society actually). I don't have many friends here, as this country is close to impossible to make friends in.
Now that is a totally heartbreaking news for me. Geez, the truth is always so painful to know no matter what kind of life we have.
Anyway, thanks for the unique greeting! :)

JoeCool

Suck the weenie!
Ok, now for the proper welcome...

First let me welcome you to the community.
There's a lot of content but we're working on getting things running much smoother again.
So please enjoy your stay and most importantly contribute as much as you can.

A little bit of info about myself, my name is Chris and I'm a member of the staff.
I'm too a member of society so my presence is not as big as it used to be, but I try my best to check the site a few times a day.
To keep it short, as time goes we'll get to know each other more.

In the mean time, have fun.

Thanks for the generic grettings! :)
That's something everyone needs to start working on lol.

ChisamiEri

Thank you. Nice to meet you, Chris.
(I tried to translate 'yoroshiku onegaishimasu' into English and decided that the best choice of translation in this situation is 'nice to meet you'.)

As what to call me, 'CHISAMI', 'CHISA', or 'ERI' is fine.
It's my pen name/nick name/whatever you call it, and i really love that name so i would like to use it as much as i can.

Btw, no i'm not Japanese. At least not 'me' myself. Not half either, maybe quarter or more.
So... yeah! (actually i want to put emoticon which using : and D together, but i don't like that grinning face. i mean, come on! it's a wide happy face smile, not a grinning face)

Also, this :) looks like a 'business smile' to me.

*this is the 4th edit for this post, i guess?

DuhWhitePanda

Gaming illumiNaughty
gif-video-sandbox-africa-889733.gif

Hello and welcome. My name is Panda, you may call me Panda. Like Chris aka Christian aka JoeCool... aka Joseph, I am also a staff member. If you want to get to know a good portion of the members, click the Chat tab at the top of the main page. Enjoy your time here and have fun. Now if you excuse me, back to my game...

ksi-rage-mod-o.gif

nok1888

So anyone who doesn't work ISNT a part of society? I can't work due to illness I dread to think what you think of me lol

ChisamiEri

So anyone who doesn't work ISNT a part of society? I can't work due to illness I dread to think what you think of me lol
Whether you don't know what 'otaku' is, or you were just trolling.
But if you want to know what i think of you... I don't know, how would i know? I don't even know you. Do you know me? I don't think so, right? Because that would be creepy, since i really don't know you.

nok1888

I don't think you understood my point m8. My point was why look down on people just because they don't work. Sure you get some who don't work through laziness but there's others like me that cant work through illness etc but it doesn't mean I'm any less part of society than you are

ChisamiEri

My point was why look down on people just because they don't work.
Actually, i never mentioned & have no intention on doing that. Is that what you saw in my post?
I just wanted to say that i also have a job, so i can't let myself to think just about playing games as much as (maybe) those who is still in school or college.

So anyone who doesn't work ISNT a part of society?
On second thought, weren't you the one who said it?

Also, it's about Freedom Wars, you know, about 'society' thing.
Means that i'm inviting people to play Freedom Wars indirectly through my post.
You should understand it, if you also play Freedom Wars.
Anyway, feel free to invite me if you need an extra pvp team member in Freedom Wars.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements